Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes at Hedo III

Changes at Hedo III

There were some changes to policy at Hedo III this trip. First and most aggravating was when we were checking in they gave us two laminated cards for towels. You have to take the cards to the watersprots shack and turn them in for a towel. To get a clean towel you have to go back to the watersports shack. If you loose a towel it's a 20.00 charge. So now when you leave the chair to mingle in the pool it's like leaving a 20.00 bill laying on the chair. There was a lot of towel theft and the resort did not give half a crap about it. This policy if left in place may be the one that ends my trips to the resort. Oh and the watersparts shack seldom has clean towels.

The other change is that Kevin Levee is no longer the GM, he has gone back to Hedo II. I didn't get the name of the new manager but some of the staff knew him and thought he would be a good GM.
    Dave and Carolyn Jamaica Gemini's
    Because everyone has a naughty twin that comes out to play at Hedo!
    Oct 30th - Nov 7th 2009. Kink Week and Wild Women's Week.

I agree about the towel issue. Our maid took our towels from the room and it took two days to sort it out. I was pretty pissed. After spending 3 grand to get there, I was not about to shell out 20 bucks for a towel that the maid took. Luckily, it did get straightened out. Really, we are not going to take home the crappy towels, and a 20 dollar charge for a 3 dollar towel is a little excessive!
    H3 October 27- November 6, 2008; Judi and Reason's birthday trip, it was a blast

WHAT?
    A card for towels… they need to fix this… I do not like it one bit.
    As we all return from hedo please update this post with any policy changes. If we have to get a towel on loan then they need to be clean and available. Also they need to have someway of identifying each towel, maybe by numbering each one.

. .
    (0\|/0)

Going to H3 July 28th - Aug 4th! 2010
    Merry Meet, Merry Part And Merry Meet Again, Blessed Be.

Maybe we'll bring our own.

Is there laundry service at Hedo III?

This just popped into my head… the last new years we spent at hedo there were so many people that if each person had one towel in there hand “checked out form water sports” each towel would have 3 – 5 people on it… not to bad in my book… the new GM needs to order a lot more towels… or not

. .
    (0\|/0)

Going to H3 July 28th - Aug 4th! 2010
    Merry Meet, Merry Part And Merry Meet Again, Blessed Be.

Blog Entries
    The towel thing sucks, but it is pretty common and we have had to do it at other resorts.

We went the entire week on our last trip without ever having a towel and never really missed them. Maybe I'll just lock the towel card in the safe for the week.

Maybe it will cut down on the lounger saving

I can't say that something as little as a $20 towel charge would ever make me stop going to Hedo ...

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

This should be pretty interesting.......a card "needed" to get your beach towels--LOL! How pathetic, the resort is ALWAYS short of towels; I guess this will show them how much of a shortage there really is when they run out of towels and have to start saying to the guests, "sorry, we have no more towels." That'll go over well. Especially at a time like NYE---when the resort is sold out and overbooked...could make for alot of unhappy guests!

Glad I know, one more thing to pack---LOL!

Le Ann

"Life is Too Short.....Party and Dance Naked!"

We've always taken our own towels as a back-up anyway, and have commented on each trip that they had to do something with the towel situation. We also have been quite used to having a towel card at other "vanilla" resorts. We've offered the suggestion that each day the maid leave 2 fresh towels in each room. Also thought, and offered the suggestion that they have Hedonism "souvenier" towels printed and give each guest a towel on arrival to keep....honestly for $3K/wk (approx) room rate they could order 100,000 Hedo towels for mayba a couple/three bucks a towel...promotion would then cost them 0.2% at most.../room/week. So not terribly upset with a towel card...just the watersports area is far removed from where your towel is actually used, a bit inconvenient if you are up at 6 A.M. (OMG) and they aren't open or those late night waterslide runs after the disco! Plus the fact that staff could clear away a "forgotten" towel at the hot tub at 3 A.M.
    Last edited by sabinaandscott; 11-11-2008 at 03:27 PM.
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelwolf View Post
    The other change is that Kevin Levee is no longer the GM, he has gone back to Hedo II. I didn't get the name of the new manager but some of the staff knew him and thought he would be a good GM.
    The new Manager is Lance Parrish who was previously at Breezes Montego Bay.

The other problem last week was that Housekeeping didn't have enough clean towels to leave in the room when they cleaned -- they had to bring them to the rooms later in the evening when they arrived from the off-site laundry that is used by several Superclubs resorts. As I left, I heard that they had solved this problem by starting to run the laundry 24/7 instead of 2 shifts per day. Hopefully, it should be better from now on.

Well Our Group fixed the towel problem but making our own towels with our names on them. Nice and big and we never lost it or got it stolen.. We even seen one couple leave there towels outside there doors for 3 days and never went missing.
    Always a Hedo 1st Time
    Never a Hedo Last time

Brian N Regina

4th Trip 7/31/10 to 8/07/10

www.awolinhedo.com

Quote Originally Posted by hare2party View Post
    The towel thing sucks, but it is pretty common and we have had to do it at other resorts.

We went the entire week on our last trip without ever having a towel and never really missed them. Maybe I'll just lock the towel card in the safe for the week.

Maybe it will cut down on the lounger saving

I can't say that something as little as a $20 towel charge would ever make me stop going to Hedo ...
    Well it's mostly just one more little thing that makes me think of going somewhere else. Most of the time I did just leave the towel in the room but then you had to worry about the maid taking it because they didn't get the memo on the new policy.

Lounger saving is now done with shoes and crap so no real help there.

Thumbs up

Just another small obstacle to get over....adapt and overcome, appreciate the updates and will ensure we are ready when next we get home.

Ivy and Rick
    "Life is to short, party naked."

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by weliveinvegas View Post
    Just another small obstacle to get over....adapt and overcome, appreciate the updates and will ensure we are ready when next we get home.

Ivy and Rick
    "Life is to short, party naked."
    It's probably not going to keep me from going back but it was a pain. There was a moment when we were walking by the Basketball courts and I saw Kevin Levee sitting there with someone. I told my wife I was going to go hand him my towel and ask him to watch it while I had lunch because I was tired of having to keep track of it. He would have seen the humor in that wouldn't he?

Ah, what a precious, beautiful, sacarstic, humorous moment that would have been...and drove a point home....you should have, really!!
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelwolf View Post
    ... go hand him my towel and ask him to watch it while I had lunch because I was tired of having to keep track of it.
    That would have been classic.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast