Thread: Judi and Reason's Birthday Trip

Judi and Reason's Birthday Trip

Sunday October 26:
    Packed up and headed to a hotel by O'Hare for the park and fly. We woke up at 2:30am and caught the 3 am shuttle to the airport for a 6:45 flight. Made it there before the ticket agents! We were able to get the exit row, so had a little more legroom. We arrived slightly early, and the weather was great. The driver insisted on a stop, even though we just wanted to go to the resort. Met a nice Canadian woman who was headed to H3 for the first time, and was she ever nervous! Made it to the resort, and headed to our room, yellow quad. Next we went off to lunch, and then to the nude pool, and spent the day eating drinking, and having all sorts of fun. Tuesday was my (Judi's) B-Day, and it was the best birthday ever! We snorkelled, ate, drank, ate and drank some more. When we were at the nude pool some of the EC's kidnapped a nude woman, and brought her up to the main stage with her husband in hot pursuit to get her back!! Later,we went to the piano bar, and sang and then went to the main area for some dessert. The staff got wind of my Bday and brought out a bottle of champagne and sang Happy Birthday to me. Reason and I finished the night by going to our favorite spot, the elevated platform by the ocean, and listened to the waves crash into the shore. Over the next few days, the people that we met here showed up. Everyone was great, and it was really cool to meet everyone after all of the posts here. We stayed through the 6th of November and had a great time.

I really enjoyed the snorkelling, saw a ton of cool stuff including two squid and a HUGE stingray! If you go snorkelling, say hi to Adrian! If you scuba, tell Joseph hi! Reason went on an awesome night dive to a wreck, and if you scuba, this is a must do.

As far as the food, I gave it a B- overall. It was not as good as the last time we were there, but I think the economy has affected the food. Munasan was a waste of time this trip, I was dissappointed with it. Pastafari was pretty good, but be warned, if you order the ravioli, you get one ravioli.

The ECs were pretty fun, but it seemed nothing ever happened when it was supposed to. They have also cut back on the bottles of rum that they give away, and you had to do alot more to earn one than in the past. The games were fun to watch, and crazy to play. Let's just say there was alot of crowd participation.

It was interesting watching the kinks, but I don't know how they didn't overheat in some of those outfits!

It was fun running into our Canadian friend, as the first few days I saw her she was amazed at what she saw happening at the resort, but she had such a good time she decided to stay an extra day.

Overall, it was a great trip, the weather was a little crappy, as it rained most days. I don't know if the weather was normal for the time of year, or if we just got an extra rainy time.

After this trip, I will definitely go back to Hedo, but I'm not sure when. I am looking at Mona Island this spring.

Cheers to everyone we met I hope you all brought back some great memories, I know we did!
    H3 October 27- November 6, 2008; Judi and Reason's birthday trip, it was a blast

Thumbs up

Thanks for the trip report, sounds like you guys had a blast.

Ivy and Rick
    "Life is to short, party naked."

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

The "rainy season" in the Caribbean runs from about May through December and the three rainiest months in Jamaica are September, October and November. So yeah, the rain was normal.

If you want to avoid tropical cyclones and rain, the best months to travel to the Caribbean (or Central America for that matter) are January through April. May is right before the start of the official Atlantic hurricane season (June 1-November 30), but there is usually a lot of rain that month.

I'm glad to hear that you had fun. I'm headed to H3 this weekend - my first time!

Glad you had a nice trip

It was good to meet the 2 of you and we're glad you enjoyed your trip.

Will & Felicia

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the report!!!