Thread: Getting Bumped??

Getting Bumped??

We are booked through Expedia from Feb 10th to the 17th and have been hearing a lot of horror stories of getting bumped. Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this? If so is there any way around it?

No problem mon

On occasion people do get bumped from Hedo to another resort for a day or two. If you are bumped insist on a voucher for the days that you missed at hedo...these days you can apply to a future trip. We tend to go to the resort when it is really busy or sold out, bumping is very rare but on occasion you will hear about it happening. I belive that in the past, before the widespread use of the internet getting bumped was a much more common problem.

Personally, we keep hoping that we will get bumped....we would love to spend a day or two at grand lido and enjoy a 5 star resort....plus you can walk across the street to hedo and party till your hearts content.

In the future, you may want to look at booking thru a travel agent that books a lot of "adult" travel to places like Hedo and Desire.....they do build relationships with the resorts and do not want to upset their customers.

Don't worry about getting bumped...it very rarely happens.

It's a subject much discussed and much feared, but I think it's pretty rare. When it happens though, it gets a lot of newsprint and talk.
    We provided peace of mind for ourselves by always booking with one of the travel agents that has a no-bump guarantee with SuperClubs. There are several I think, but one of the best is First Travel. Robert and Beth take care of their people and they do lots of business with SuperClubs. Their website is www.wildwomenvacations.com.

Usually only a problem on "sold out weeks"...We have seen problems over NYE (always seems to be oversold) never been over Valentines so not sure what normally happens then?
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark&Dana View Post
    We are booked through Expedia from Feb 10th to the 17th and have been hearing a lot of horror stories of getting bumped. Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this? If so is there any way around it?
    Getting bumped before Hedo doesn't sound as fun as getting bumped at Hedo which I can assure you will happen. LOL

[U]GOOD FRIENDS - GOOD WHISKEY [/U]& GOOD LOVIN' - NEED I SAY MORE

Getting bumped ISN'T rare on busy weeks. I'm sure in Jan and Feb it happens often. I do know in November it has happened often. We've seen many each trip be turned away for a day or so. We have even been approached twice and actually booted once for a day. The worst part was we didn't get Grand Lido, we got the other crappy resort next door. The Point? or something like that. It happens from time to time and you do have to make sure you get your voucher for the free days. The won't freely offer it usually, you have to bitch for it, but in the end, you'll be taken care of.
    Marc-N-Sandi
    phillyhedocpl@comcast.net
    sugncpl on SLS

Being bumped happens most often on busy days. It's seldom for more than a day or two as well. Not that that makes it any better. It is best to book with a travel agent, like Castaways, which has a no-bump guarantee due to their booking status with the resort. Our Spring Break group trip has a no-bump guarantee through them.

However, the good news is that you are arriving on a Tuesday which is a lower bump day. Friday through Sunday, with Saturday being the worst, are high turnover days and often overbooked.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

sorry - I read this as 'getting pumped' - and we leave on the 6th so I am. Hope we don't get bumped!

We arrived on a Tuesday and did not have an issue. Our friends arrived the same day but late at night (about 11pm before they got there) and were moved to a different type of room due to over booking. I wonder if arriving earlier in the day reduces the risk of getting bumped?

I do believe too, that going through an agent that does a lot of bookings for Hedo protects you more ... when I questioned bumping for our group ... I was assured that they were all pre registered and bumping was not a problem
    We were always taught to share... how well we learned that lesson
    March Madness at Hedo III ...March 14 - 21, 2010. Come join the FUN

March Madness at Hedo IIIhttp://www.4hedonism.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3336&dateline=1194822  307
Your Current Signature Picture
    March Madness Yahoo Group