Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: access to 7 mile beach

access to 7 mile beach

Can you walk south along the beach from the hedo ii beach, or do you have to access 7-mile beach from another place?

You can start at Hedo and walk all the way to Negril on 7 mile beach. Or so I have been told. I can't seem to get out of my lounge chair long enough to see for myself.

Dave
    Val's-Pals

Hedo II

November 5-12, 2011

Thanks - my hubby is a big fan of walking the beach. I prefer a nice cool drink, lounge chair and beach view myself! We'll be at H2 Nov 2-9 - so I guess I'll see you on the beach

You will first have to go through Grand Lido Negril - you can't get to 7-mile beach directly from the Hedo beach. But, just tell the guard at the gate where you are going and it will be, "No problem..."

The guards at GLN will ask where you are going and you can tell them you want to walk the beach. They will be happy to let you through.

Did you mean GLN or Sandals? I've always walked the opposite way, going through a small gate at Sandals and hit the beach. You'll walk past several resorts, then the beach line gets pretty small and you'll have to move up for awhile, then back to the beach. A great walk.

"Are You Feeling Hedo's Mojo Yet?"
    Hedonism II, April 21-28, 2012
    mo@hedomojo.com

If you want to walk past resorts like Couples Negril, which I think is on 7-mile beach, you'll have to go through GLN.

But, if Couples is not on 7-mile beach, then you're right.

I could easily be wrong...it happens frequently..

Is the beach on Bloody Bay considered part of 7 mile beach? Here is an excellent map with all resorts and eateries listed: http://www.talkofthetownnegril.com/negril_map.pdf

This may or may not clear up some of the confusion?

Dave
    Last edited by fuzz; 09-13-2008 at 01:20 PM.
    Val's-Pals

Hedo II

November 5-12, 2011

It looks to me like I (the hubby) want to go through Sandals and southward along the beach. The map looks like there is a lot of stuff along the beach, but it sounds from others descriptions like it gets thin in spots. If anyone has done some trekking south from Hedo II, lem'me know how it is (safe, rocky, etc.) I guess if someone wants to rob me, all they're gonna get is my drawers and sandals. Unless I want to take a few bucks for souvenirs. Yes? No?

Blog Entries
    From someone who has stayed at both Grand Lido Negril and Hedo2, I can tell you the difference between 7 mile beach and Bloody Bay. GLN is located on Bloody Bay and you can walk to Couples Negril and an RIU along the beach at Bloody Bay. HOwever, you cannot walk to 7 mile beach from GLN. Hedo 2 is located at the northern most tip of 7 mile beach and you can go through the gate into Sandals, and just keep walking. We did it a couple of weeks ago and it was nice.. BUT, don't think that you are going to stop at the Sandals bar or any of the others and drink up that resorts free drinks! We merely wanted a glass of water and as soon as we stepped off the path and up to the bar, the sandals guard was asking us what resort we were from. We probably could have lied, but that's not our style. I just told him H2 and that we only wanted to get a glass of water. That seemed to be ok.

GLN and Couples Negril are on Bloody Bay and I don't believe that is considered part of 7 mile beach.
    The walk south through Sandals and beyond is an easy stroll with a nice sandy beach. When passing through A/I resorts you have to stay by the high water mark as that is considered public access. The rest of the beach you can roam around unless it is obvious private property.
    Don't worry about being robbed. VERY rarely happens. Do NOT take your watch.You are on vacation! Take a small camera that will fit into the pocket of your shorts or bathing suit. Do take a few $ just in case you don't want to walk back.You are never very far from the main road and cabs go up and down there all the time.

See you there!
    Respect, John

Mugsey and ATX have got it right. And they offer good suggestions as well. Something else you may be interested in... Bloody Bay is only about a mile or less of beaches. But it is a nice sheltered beach and makes a nice walk for something different to do. Bloody Bay is where the boat from HII takes the waterskiers to waterski since it is more calm and sheltered. If you would like to walk that beach just ask the guys on the waterski boat to take you over there and they will take and arrange to pick you up whenever you like.

We've walked past Sandals on the main beach many times & it is a great walk. As Mugsey said, do bring some cash (I also suggest a water bottle). And don't forget to SPF up b4 the walk!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Muchas gracias everyone for the info. I am looking forward to a nice beach stroll. Liz, don't worry about me and the spf. When you see me you'll understand. I warn people to put on their sunglasses when I get to the beach and take off my shirt. The glare coming off my paleness is blinding. That's the down side of being blond and blue. I'll be bringing a couple quarts of sunscreen. Which brings up another Q I have - is there plenty of shade near the beach and pools for me to shield my lily white skin? From the photos I've seen, I don't think I'll have a problem finding shelter for my paleness. But its nice to know from folks first-hand.

There is shade to find at the pool at various times of the day...the shade moves around & you can try to do the same, but pool side seats are generally quite coveted! Though there is a shady section in the pool as well!

There are also plenty of spots at varying places on the beach for shade...again it changes throughout the day. If you're wearing your SPF and reapplying it every couple of hours you should be fine!

I'm a shade lover as well, though my usual 'spot' on the jetty lets me get my sun in the early AM (7:30ish) and then turns to a shade spot later in the day! Amen to that!

Liz (see you on the 7th!!)
    Liz & Chris

there are lots of spots to find shade around the beach and the nude pool bar has a roof over it and seats in the water.
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast