Thread: Tp sleep or not to sleep, that is the question

Question Tp sleep or not to sleep, that is the question

With only 10 weeks and 6 days to go (not that we are counting!!) we are starting to think about getting the best out of every day there. For us it's about an 18 hour journey, from home to Hedo, plus we are going 'back' six hours in time. Can't decide whether to get to the hotel and sleep for a few hours (and risk not waking up and missing the first night) or to just hit the hot tub, eat then start the party and sleep very late the next day!! Last year we arrived about midnight and just went to bed, but this year we should arrive about 6pm. Anyone else with the same long journey got any thoughts?
    Lets get nekid with boots on

Hedonism II Nov 2007
    Hedonism II Nov 2008
    Hedonism II Mar 2011
    Hedonism II Nov 22 -Dec 1

that is way to long of a journey, i think you should find us when you get there and have a drink and think it all over and then go from there!!!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Sleep?

Catch as much sleep on the plane as you can, A drink or two doesn't hurt... then you can sleep again when you get back on the plane to go home

Something I heard, and tried, to combat jet lag...

Once you get where you are going, set your watch to local time, and *DON'T* change your normal schedule.

If you leave at 10:00am, and get to Hedo at (let's say) 10pm local time, treat it as 10pm, not the 4am it'd be back home for you...
    (I think my time zone math is close)

I did this on a flight to California (+3hrs), left home at something like 7-8am, got into San Diego at around Noon (CA time), treated it like noon. Was a bit tired by the end of the day, but felt fine the next day.

Wife and I did the same thing on a trip to Hawaii a year ago to visit my brother, sis-in-law, and their kids.

Nap on the plane (if you can), but give this a try when you get there.

Thanks, some good advice and looks like a good plan for the first evening Critter! You only live once...

Hedonism II Nov 2007
    Hedonism II Nov 2008
    Hedonism II Mar 2011

We flew from Austria last July, but we broke the trip in ATL for one day on the way in to arrive more rested and fit. Was the worst choice, next time we just fly directly to MBJ.
    Good luck
    Otto & Nuby from Austria (but not Austrians, just living there) in love with Hedo.
    Hedo II July 2008
    Cap DŽAge, France Sept 2008
    Desire Cancun Nov 2008
    Disneyworld, Fl. Dec 2008
    Hedo II ASAP in 2009

We flew out to Hedo11 in June this year [gowd i wish i was back there now] Anyhow we arrived at about 3pm, went to our room and unpacked quickly then went for a wander round to see where we were, and found the adrenaline finally ran out around midnight. Most afternoons we found ourselves back in bed for an hour or two to recharge the batteries from doin nothin all day except have fun. Enjoy your visit, wish i was back there now.
    Most people walk in and out of your life, but only friends leave footprints in your heart.

Registered User airborne&Grmnbc's Avatar
    Hey Brits, listen to Critter, come find us at the pool/Delroy's and remember, you can sleep when you're dead.
    SUCKS!
    21-28 Nov. 14. Spanksgiving Week!!

Once you arrive at H2 - check in, drop your bags in your, disrobe and head to Delroys for a night cap and I bet you'll have more energy than you image you will (we always do when we hit home). Don't worry you'll find that nights sleep rewarding when you finally hit the sheets and you'll probably sleeep in a little later the next morning than you might otherwise but when you wake it will be sunny and your naked day in paradise will will still be there for you to enjoy. We'll all be around Delroys hanging out waiting to but you a drink:-) soon com mon!

if you don't make it in till after dinner we will be at The Table of The Confused right beside the gym
    Back at Delroy's November 16th to 26th for Spanksgiving

Sound advice

Great replies from everybody, so if we get in on time, 6:00pm here's the plan.
    Dump bags in room, clothes off, hit delroys where we hope somebody will have the drinks lined up, champagne & a appletons & coke should do the trick.
    If we are late it will be the table of the confused post dinner, looking forward to seeing y'all.

Hedonism II Nov 2007
    Hedonism II Nov 2008
    Hedonism II Mar 2011