Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is everyone skinny and 20?

is everyone skinny and 20?

Seems like everyone in the ads are like 20 years old and skinny. We are in our mid 30s and working on loosing wt, but aren't obese. We are thinking about this as our option for a weddingmoon. We are home-bodies and professional people so we want to make sure this isn't just some 20 year old's drunken party place. We haven't decided on 2 or 3 yet. any ideas/suggestions???

Far from it, the median age is about 35-50, mostly all couples, all shapes and sizes, from all corners of the globe, and all walks of life. Your time at Hedo is as wild or mild as you want it to be.

At either resort, you will have a blast, if you have to have sand between your toes, H2 is probably the best bet. H3 is a quite a bit newer, hence in better shape, and smaller, some say more intiment.

IMO, its the group that is there when you go that sets the tone of your stay, so go to the travel group section, and see who you click with, or if you have a definite time period, see who's where during that time.

All that being said, we had no idea about what the resort(s) where really like, just picked one, went down pretty much blind, and had a blast, been going 1-2 a year since.

Good luck
    NekkidPirate

Hedo 3-
    Apr 2003 -2008
    Oct 2003-2005

Desires Cancun-
    Sep 2008
    Oct 2015

Hedo 2-
    Apr 2009
    Apr 2016
    Apr 2017

N Resort-

Desires Pearl-
    Apr 2013

Blog Entries
    We went back in May and are going back for New Years. We saw people of all shapes and sizes and all ages. I would say that most people were in thier 30's and 40's. Everyone was very respectful and we had the time of our life. I'm 38 and Regina is 42. We went to H3.

The people in the ads are models.

I've heard this and I think it's true...try going to the local mall and check out the over-21 adults who are there. You'll see people of all shapes and sizes. Those are the people you'll see at either Hedo. Actually there are not many people there who are in their 20s.
    You won't feel out of place at all.

Midwest guy is absolutely correct. There are very few 20 yr olds at either Hedo resort. The majority are just the regular folks that you'd see every day in your local mall or grocery store- really a cross-section of society.

Monieb and I are solidly in our 30s (she's 33, I'm 37) and at Hedo, we party with everyone from age 30 to 60+. We enjoy both resorts and travel to both of them since I like H3 better, she likes H2 better. Aside from Hedo, we're pretty much homebodies (unless people are in town visiting).

"Are You Feeling Hedo's Mojo Yet?"
    Hedonism II, April 21-28, 2012
    mo@hedomojo.com

hi and you all sound so welcoming!

My friend and I are having a girls trip away from work and life. She has been in the life style before but i have not. I am heavy and a little self-conscous about it around young beautiful people. I am in my forties and my friend is in her thirties. Will everyone be ok with the fact that i am not thin? should we keep to ourselves? are there people of our ages and not so thin so we do not feel so out of place?

thanks for listening...
    L

You will be just fine, We go to Hedo 2 and have a blast there every year and we are both 49 and show signs of aging!!!! The people are great and that is what makes a vacation. Try Hedo 2 around Spanksgiving for an awesome crowd!!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Thumbs up

The point that can not be made enough is, JUST GO, no one cares what you look like, how big, how small, how young, how old, what you do for a living...etc etc etc...its a great place to reconnect with your spouse, yourself, meet new folks and make life long friends.

"Once you go, you know"
    Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

H2 is definitely not a drunken skinny 20 year old's place! You'll meet people of all shapes & sizes & see lots of funky ass scars too!! You will likely be amazed at how different we all are...and yet the same.

Go & relax & have fun!!!!

Liz (47 & definitely NOT skinny!)
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by swimlady View Post
    Seems like everyone in the ads are like 20 years old and skinny. We are in our mid 30s and working on loosing wt, but aren't obese. We are thinking about this as our option for a weddingmoon. We are home-bodies and professional people so we want to make sure this isn't just some 20 year old's drunken party place. We haven't decided on 2 or 3 yet. any ideas/suggestions???
    Skinny 20's would be a rare find based on our experience which is one trip to
    H3

Have to agree with the other posters - it is not about looks or age but persona. We were kinda thrown back, hell we were thrown back, when we realized how easy it was to talk to naked or partially naked people. We are by no means perfect and any self esteem problems that we may have had came off with the clothes.

It left me wondering a few things.

In my work I deal with relocation of mostly upper class folks from all over the US and, from time to time, the world.

It still amazes me that we can live in the same country and be so frikin' different.
    Yet at Hedo, once the clothes come off so do the attitudes.

Don't mean to hi jack this thread but I have a question for everyone - actually more of a survey.

Do people just warm up when the clothes come off???
    OR is it that we are all like minded people and we all share the same passion and desires, so that's why we end up @ Hedo???
    [U]GOOD FRIENDS - GOOD WHISKEY [/U]& GOOD LOVIN' - NEED I SAY MORE

Interesting question, 55chevy! This is Monieb (Black Vulcan's wife), so excuse my long-winded reply. I think it is a combination of the two. We may not all be entirely like-minded, but definitely share some commonalities which lead us to Hedo and let us be open to enjoying the experience.

Additionally, when you're naked in a pool with several other naked folks, it is really hard to have any kind of attitude or pretentiousness because you're completely exposed for all to see. In my opinion, Hedo kind of strips you down to your true self and lets you become more open to others. It's a little difficult to be judgmental when your body, with all of its flaws (whether real or perceived) are out there in the public eye. So people are a little warmer, a little friendlier, a little more social at Hedo than they might be at home at a bar or other social setting. Women can't and don't talk about what the others are wearing or how they look or whatever (cause they're naked and don't want to be judged), while men don't do that bragging/puffed up thing they do again because it's a little harder to brag about your money, cars, or whatever while you're naked as a jaybird, and no one really cares. Hedo is the great equalizer!

That's my 2 cents on the matter.

"Are You Feeling Hedo's Mojo Yet?"
    Hedonism II, April 21-28, 2012
    mo@hedomojo.com

Great question chevy!!

I'll agree with monieb on this one! Hedo definitely accentuates your personality. If you're bubbly & outgoing, you'll generally be more so at Hedo...there is just nothing to hide behind except your 'self'...it's quite an experience those first several trips. For some it comes very naturally (uh hum...) hanging out naked....for others, it can be more of a stretch & something you get more used to & comfortable with over time.

While I initially thought that H2 brought together like minded folk...I've found over time & many trips that (duh!) we still all believe very different things (not so like minded after all), but the naked part generally strips the conversation of too high minded topics & brings us together as what we truly are....people....not opinions.

In any case, it's loads of fun & I am ready for our trip in ... 59 days!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

We are also in our early fifties and starting to show a little wear but it just doesn't matter. Like everyone else said just go and you will have a blast and wish you would have done it years ago. I think the people that go there have a lot more in common than they think, it is just that what we think matters the most when we are not there just isn't very important in life.

I'm in my 20 just not skinny, lol

I'm 26 my husband is 27, we are worried that we might be to young to go. We don't want that feeling we get when we go around a mature crowd, the one where every thinks we loud and bratty or they treat us kinda like babies. Oh yeah I like to say I'm on the thick side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla757 View Post
    I'm 26 my husband is 27, we are worried that we might be to young to go. We don't want that feeling we get when we go around a mature crowd, the one where every thinks we loud and bratty or they treat us kinda like babies. Oh yeah I like to say I'm on the thick side.
    No problem, you will be amongst a very inmature crowd - ummm - ummmm - you've been warned.

Age is no sign of maturity.

Treat everybody with respect and they will do the same.
    [U]GOOD FRIENDS - GOOD WHISKEY [/U]& GOOD LOVIN' - NEED I SAY MORE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast