Thread: Question on rooms...

Question on rooms...

I'm trying to get the wife to go to Hedo 3 next year some time. Possibly for our anniversary, more likely for her b-day in November. I've got a couple questions regarding the rooms.

She's currently very insecure about how she looks, and does not feel she would be willing to be nude, so we are therefore looking at the prude side rooms. I've heard that the pool view / pool front rooms can be quite noisy, due to having the pool right there (presumably the quad)

I've also heard that the garden view nude rooms can be much quieter.

So, my questions are:
    1. Are the garden view nude (relatively) quiet, compared to other room locations?
    2. Presumably she could be clothed in the hall outside the room, for example, if she were heading for the quad pool, or prude pool / beach?

I'm trying to make this a trip she would be comfortable with, while also trying to break out of what I feel is our "Ward and June Cleaver" vacation style, so we do something that would have people who know us (if we tell them) look at us and go "you went to a resort called *WHAT?* and did *WHAT*?"

Thanks
    Last edited by m0ng0lh0rde; 08-28-2008 at 10:08 PM.

Horde- Welcome to the board. Good on ya for asking around. The garden view building is sandwiched between the nude area and the quad. In comparison to the rest of the resort it is as consistently quiet as you will find. The quad rooms are relatively quiet as well. During the day- to my memory anyway, which has been known to be fuzzy, the music is not as loud as at the nude pool. The bar closes in the evening so the pool empties out. The only noise you get is from people attempting to start their own parties in the night. Generally not too loud. As far as being dressed, she can be clothed in transit anywhere on the resort. Linger clothed in the nude area and security will run you off, anywhere else and you will both be fine. I do not recall the building #, but the building in the quad on the far east side is bordered by a wall then a road- and in our experience is quiet.A suggestion, given your comment about getting out of your comfort zone. Book a quad room. Preferably poolfront. She can be fully clothed in the quad pool- and you will both see that whatever insecurities she has regarding body image and nudity should be quickly tossed out the window. The poolfront rooms have a back door (empties out to the quad area) and a front door (empties out onto the walkways to the rest of the resort)- so if on the off chance the nudity of others does freak her out, she can always go out the front door to the prude area. One more thing- it may make her (and you for that matter) more at home if you consider joining a group to travel with. Many do weekly chats so you can get to know your fellow travellers, and having a ready made group of friends on arrival helps get the party started. Did you have an idea of when you are going? Hedonism1 website has a list of groups for the year. You can find that here: http://www.hedonism1.com/hedonismiii/Events/index.aspit appears the list needs updating, so keep checking back. This website and DennyP also has visitor calendars to refer to as well. If you are thinking summer, Kerry and I, along with our good friends Rick and Ivy, cohost a group that goes each year the first week of August. We basically are just a group that goes to have fun, whatever that means to the 70 plus people we had on this years trip. We had people who spent most of their time on the prude side, and some who never even left the nude side for the quad. Similarly we had people who spent most of their week in the quad, so we were really all over the place. If you would like, check us out.Our link is below. Nick (and the juicy Kerry)
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by m0ng0lh0rde View Post
    I'm trying to get the wife to go to Hedo 3 next year some time. Possibly for our anniversary, more likely for her b-day in November. I've got a couple questions regarding the rooms.

She's currently very insecure about how she looks, and does not feel she would be willing to be nude, so we are therefore looking at the prude side rooms. I've heard that the pool view / pool front rooms can be quite noisy, due to having the pool right there (presumably the quad)

I've also heard that the garden view nude rooms can be much quieter.

So, my questions are:
    1. Are the garden view nude (relatively) quiet, compared to other room locations?
    2. Presumably she could be clothed in the hall outside the room, for example, if she were heading for the quad pool, or prude pool / beach?

I'm trying to make this a trip she would be comfortable with, while also trying to break out of what I feel is our "Ward and June Cleaver" vacation style, so we do something that would have people who know us (if we tell them) look at us and go "you went to a resort called *WHAT?* and did *WHAT*?"

Thanks
    The prude side rooms are the quietest during the day since nobody really usues the main pool area, or not many anyway. At night there is the constant thump from the subwoofers at the disco but not really much esle going on there. Ocean Front is ground floor and Ocean view will be second or third floor.

Quad (clothing optional area) can be pretty noisy because the four buildings face each other and trap the niose in. Almost half the rooms on the resort are in this area and it's usually where you'll end up if you book the run of the house or super select rate. Pool Front is ground floor and pool view are second and third floor.

Garden view Au Naturel is in between the nude and quad areas and my favorite room location. You can walk clothed from there to anywhere you choose, or naked from there to anywhere you choose. All three floors are the same catagory in this building.

Nude Area can be pretty noisy even in the wee hours of the morning since it is the most active area of the resort. The bar there is open till 5am. Room catagories are ocean front and ocean view like the prude buildings.

You can travel clothed or naked from any room except the Prude area where they will make you cover up at least during the daylight hours. A towel wrapped around the waist will be good enough however.

There is no difference in the rooms other than location. A prude room is the same size and layout as a nude room or quad or whatever. There are suites in each catagory and they are a bit larger with a room refrigerator. And there are some swim up suites in the quad which are more or less rooms that are close to the ladders into the pool.
    Dave and Carolyn Jamaica Gemini's
    Because everyone has a naughty twin that comes out to play at Hedo!
    Oct 30th - Nov 7th 2009. Kink Week and Wild Women's Week.

NickandKerry:
    Yeah, I followed the link to the AWOLinHedo site a couple weeks back, figured what the heck, today, I submitted a request for a quote, for a poolfront room, to see what the rates would be...

A lot of what will determine when we go next year (or if, unfortunately), is $$$ (of course)

I'd like to go for a whole week, gives us time to relax around the resort, or go into one of the towns shopping, or spend a day at another resort on a day pass (if possible, to get photos we can show family )

Possibly, depending on how soon a payment might be needed, or if we can put down a deposit, we might make the August trip...

One last (non-room) question...
    Do they serve coffee with breakfast, and is it *good* coffee, not something like starschmucks swill? Maybe good, fresh ground, fresh brewed Blue Mountain? Yes, I am a coffee freak...

Thanks,
    Jason

Jason- to answer your last question I will have to plead ignorance on all but a small point. They do serve coffee with breakfast. However, I am not a coffee drinker at all (I prefer my caffeine cold)and Kerry is a starbuck's coffee snob. Perhaps someone else can give you a better idea about coffee.
    As for getting a quote request, very cool. I know we have at least competitive rates with anyone you will find out there, so hopefully you will decide to return with us in August 2009. About the deposit, all Castaways Travel requires is $200 to make your reservation. We generally put down the deposit and pay bits and pieces along the way, so by the time we hit August it has been paid for for a little while.
    If you have any other questions, or would like to chat- we are sdnakiepeople@yahoo.com and the same name on yahoo messenger. Kerry is usually on part of most days.
    Cheers!
    Nick (and the smoldering Kerry)
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Thumbs up

Hi Jason,

We got your request this morning and have replied with a couple options. Regarding the morning coffee, they do have coffee, not sure I would call it Blue Mountain, if it is, its not the same thing we buy to bring home...lol...its drinkable, but I am not a coffee snob. They do have a ""Frap" "Cap" machine that Ivy uses to satisfy her, "Starbuck"esk taste buds.

Good luck and have fun, if you have any questions you can get us on yahoo at awolinhedo

"Once you go, you know"
    Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

NickandKerry:
    Yeah, I followed the link to the AWOLinHedo site a couple weeks back, figured what the heck, today, I submitted a request for a quote, for a poolfront room, to see what the rates would be...

A lot of what will determine when we go next year (or if, unfortunately), is $$$ (of course)

I'd like to go for a whole week, gives us time to relax around the resort, or go into one of the towns shopping, or spend a day at another resort on a day pass (if possible, to get photos we can show family )

Possibly, depending on how soon a payment might be needed, or if we can put down a deposit, we might make the August trip...

One last (non-room) question...
    Do they serve coffee with breakfast, and is it *good* coffee, not something like starschmucks swill? Maybe good, fresh ground, fresh brewed Blue Mountain? Yes, I am a coffee freak...

Thanks,
    Jason
    The coffee on the resort is a blend of blue mountain and other Jamaican coffee. Usually a good strong coffee that will wake you up in the morning, or stand up to a shot of ameretto for an after dinner drink. Do get some of the blue mountain stuff to bring home though.

My thought on coffee is this "There is life without coffee, but it's not intelligent life"
    Dave and Carolyn Jamaica Gemini's
    Because everyone has a naughty twin that comes out to play at Hedo!
    Oct 30th - Nov 7th 2009. Kink Week and Wild Women's Week.

I enjoy the coffee at the resort ... not in the room but I like most coffee... Dominican is my favorite. In the terrace it is bold and good
    We were always taught to share... how well we learned that lesson
    March Madness at Hedo III ...March 14 - 21, 2010. Come join the FUN

March Madness at Hedo IIIhttp://www.4hedonism.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3336&dateline=1194822  307
Your Current Signature Picture
    March Madness Yahoo Group

Thanks,
    Jason
    Now this is a dude I could party with. Since you used the name starshmucks, can I presume you're also a fan of Foamy?
    G and Lady Meggers

Bustin' the Hedo cherry Nov 11-16 2008

Quote Originally Posted by tikcuf08 View Post
    Now this is a dude I could party with. Since you used the name starshmucks, can I presume you're also a fan of Foamy?
    Yep, although I've not kept up with the comics, recently...

But after dropping $2.50 for coffee at SS for a while, then getting my hands on a grinder, and some roast beans, I stopped buying SS coffee.
    Then having a brother ship me some 100% Kona (mmm, Kona) when he was stationed in Hawaii, well...
    SS just don't cut it no more for coffee.

Starshmucks NEVER cut it for coffee! I've been ordering from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters for a couple of years now, and will never go back to store coffee!
    G and Lady Meggers

Bustin' the Hedo cherry Nov 11-16 2008

Here's another vote for our Green Mountain Coffee Roasters! Go VT!!

Liz & Chris

Who needs coffee when there are dirty bananas for breakfast.
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2