Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tequila Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by midwestguy672 View Post
    I need for my wife's clothes to fall off quickly in the disco. What kind of mixed drink that includes tequila, but doesn't have a strong taste of alcohol, is best? She spurns anything that has a strong alcohol taste, so I need to find something that tastes a little fruity and sweet but that will also sneak up on her.

See you in November.
    Mike
    We have several friends that don't do tequilla well either. I only recommend shooting the finer tequila's and mixing the cheaper ones.

Now , I have found that a cheap tequilla that people tend to shoot it better is TWO FINGERS - go with the white.

For a mixed drink. Try this: Take some carbonated water, cranberry juice, cherry's and their juice, frozen limeade, and mix them together in a blender of ice. Mix according to her taste then add tequilla - the finer stuff will not have as strong of after taste. Don't know if you have Sonic resturant in your neck of the woods but if you do the above mixture I basically stole from them. They call it at Sonic, a cranberry limeade.

If this works, I think the bartenders will have most all the ingredients for you except probably the good tequilla.

We grew up shooting tequilla with lemon wedges. The lemon wedge will stun the toungue and make you forget about the tequilla after taste.

Going a whole different route. Try Tequilla Rose.
    [U]GOOD FRIENDS - GOOD WHISKEY [/U]& GOOD LOVIN' - NEED I SAY MORE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 55chevy View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

TEQUILLA ROSE!!!! We bring the little airplane bottles with us to Hedo, we love it and all our friends have also. Bring about 20 or 30 little bottles for those special toasts!!

But for regular tequilla we are kind of fond of Patron Silver
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

For those going in November, Mr 'Rookie Brits' makes a mean margarita - he can make it taste completely harmless (i.e. can't taste the alcohol strongly), but definitely could have the desired effect as far as clothes off in the disco goes!!
    Lets get nekid with boots on

Hedonism II Nov 2007
    Hedonism II Nov 2008
    Hedonism II Mar 2011
    Hedonism II Nov 22 -Dec 1

For a mixed drink. Try this: Take some carbonated water, cranberry juice, cherry's and their juice, frozen limeade, and mix them together in a blender of ice. Mix according to her taste then add tequilla - the finer stuff will not have as strong of after taste. Don't know if you have Sonic resturant in your neck of the woods but if you do the above mixture I basically stole from them. They call it at Sonic, a cranberry limeade.

If this works, I think the bartenders will have most all the ingredients for you except probably the good tequilla.

We grew up shooting tequilla with lemon wedges. The lemon wedge will stun the toungue and make you forget about the tequilla after taste.

Thanks -- I'll try that. And if you have any other ideas you can let me know while we're there the first week of November. We can experiment on her to see which drink has the desired effect.

Specializing in nautical/terrestrial acquistion and redistribution

Or Baja Rosa.

I just can't stand the taste of strawberries, cream, and tequila though. It's demeaning to the tequila, IMHO.
    Not a good combo for me, at all.
    Last edited by Kelley; 10-07-2008 at 10:13 AM.
    "Pirates are crude, vile, highly
    offensive creatures who compensate for their lack of knowledge and manners
    with debauchery. Now everyone can stop with nicey, nicey and start being Pirates!!! AARRRGGGGHHH! !!!!"

Oh my how I love this post!!!

I'm Lexi and a bit of a tequilla whore

The real question from the newbies here is wether it's acceptable to travel with a mini bar, open with a flourish and set up the sexy bar or are drinks for in the rooms?

Either way a trip to the liquor store is required
    Nov 13th - 20th - First time visitor!!

Any of you tequila buffs know anything about Cabrito, made in Mexico??
    Sex is like crying; if you do it right, it ain't pretty

Specializing in nautical/terrestrial acquistion and redistribution
    Quote Originally Posted by peej4262 View Post
    Any of you tequila buffs know anything about Cabrito, made in Mexico??
    The Tequila, or the roast goat? When I was a parts manager at a south Atlanta Auto dealer, one of my employees was originally from Monterey, Mx. He invited me over for a cookout one night with his extended family and we had both. The tequila wasn't anejo, but it was good,,,, the roast goat was even better. Like a barbeque I never had before. Growing up in Atlanta, we had all 4 main US barbeque varieties available to us, and many variants as well.

It's been over 3 years ago, but I remember the Cabrito tequila going down well with no ill effects. The same with the barbequed goat.
    "Pirates are crude, vile, highly
    offensive creatures who compensate for their lack of knowledge and manners
    with debauchery. Now everyone can stop with nicey, nicey and start being Pirates!!! AARRRGGGGHHH! !!!!"

Tequilla makes her clothes fall off...that's no joke!!
    We need a Hedo fix.......SOON

Hedo III - Nov 07, 08, 09 & 10

I love tequila. Definitely my alcohol of choice. So what kind can I expect at Hedo? I can do Jose, I just don't want to go lower... into the rot gut, terrible hangover, category.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangranch68 View Post
    Tequilla makes her clothes fall off...that's no joke!!
    Well, that's what we're looking for -- it just needs to be in a form that doesn't have a strong alcohol taste. If you're an expert on tequila drinks, maybe you can give me some tips while we're there. See you soon!!

Hey Lexi, bring your bar for the room, it is handy if you want a drink during room activities instead of walking to the bar!!! We plan on bringing a little set up for our private hot tub parties!!

Bill & Donna

Fogot about the Tequilla question, if you want good stuff bring your own ,they have Jose and worse!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by UZ2BHot View Post
    I love tequila. Definitely my alcohol of choice. So what kind can I expect at Hedo? I can do Jose, I just don't want to go lower... into the rot gut, terrible hangover, category.
    We have seen 2 Tequilas at the bars, Durango....and Jose...ask if you don't see the Jose...

Ivy and Rick
    "Life is to short, party naked"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Playfulpair View Post
    We know theres enough liquor at the Bars, but we can't help but bring along some fine tequila... Don Julio 1942 anyone?
    not as nice however we will be bringing some aged patron. see you at the bar

kelly and susan
    "If you have to think about it just do it" :

K & S

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast