Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tequila Anyone?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kelwa1 View Post
    .....I'm not as piratey as I was a few months ago,,, my wife just cut my hair short.

There's about one finger remaining in the bottle now.

Shall I, as a loud and pompous piratey sort, keep thee apprised as to my levels of remaining "T", and my drinking prowess?

AARRGGHH!!!!
    lol.....no need to keep me apprised, I fired my shot across yer bow and woke you up...drink in good health...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Specializing in nautical/terrestrial acquistion and redistribution
    Ok, for those of you who, like me, actually like to drink Tequila, there's a website that I frequent from time to time, that keeps me updated on the most relevant and happening Tequila goings-on. Plus, you can find new or previously unknown brand or variety to taste.

I've had this in my favorites for a few years now, and the lists and brands are unmatched, IMHO.

All things --> Tequila <-- .

And Chris, if you're reading this, how about moving this thread to "The Bar" section?
    Last edited by Kelley; 03-18-2009 at 10:56 AM.
    "Pirates are crude, vile, highly
    offensive creatures who compensate for their lack of knowledge and manners
    with debauchery. Now everyone can stop with nicey, nicey and start being Pirates!!! AARRRGGGGHHH! !!!!"

Thumbs up

Here is one to see if you can find, I was lucky enough to have a bottle given to me this weekend by my uncle...its called Tres Manos...http://www.tequila.net/tequila_revie...nos_anejo.html only 3,00 bottles released annually....its is by far the BEST....that I have ever had...break out the nipple for this one, I am gonna try to make this one last....

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Blog Entries

Wow!

The tequila thread has grown and I have not logged in in a while. Kelwa, I hope we can go with the BB's this year since we went the last two years with them, but do not know if we can make it due to having to pay taxes, and just purchased a house. But, I would love to try Casta or 1921, I have not had either, but I will look for some. After reading all this tequila talk, I may have to sample of my collection tonight!!!! Besides drinking it straight, as in shots, or sipping, what is everyones favorite mixers? I know that I would do it with the cheaper tequila of course, but Tequila and Peach Schnaaps is quite tasty and Tequila and Desaronno is delicious, also. Anyone else have some good ideas? What about for drinks by the pool?

Kelly, I cannot believe the doc cut your hair????? You will not look the same. My wife always said you had great hair and it definitely fit the Pirate image? Shocked, is all I can say! I am surprised you did not finish all of your tequila after the surgical removal of your locks!!! Hopefully, you guys can stay the whole time this time with no threats of hurricanes!

Here is to wishing we come up with some dinero before August!!!

To all my fellow tequila lovers, may you have a great night and a great tequila sunrise!

Adios, mi comprades!
    Arriba, Abajo, Derecho, Adentro! In english that is Up, down, out and in. A toast before you do the shot of tequila!
    See ya!
    Blue

OK, I'm not a tequila connoisseur, but I like a good tequila sunrise. What kind of tequila do I ask for at the bar at H3?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyes12 View Post
    The tequila thread has grown and I have not logged in in a while. Kelwa, I hope we can go with the BB's this year since we went the last two years with them, but do not know if we can make it due to having to pay taxes, and just purchased a house.
    FYI, pirates don't pay taxes or live in "houses". JK, but I think you know about us B/B krewe, any way, shape, or form possible, get your ass to Jamaica. Doesn't have to be with us, 'cause there's many other fine folks here to party with,,,,,,,just visit at least once a year.

But, I would love to try Casta or 1921, I have not had either, but I will look for some.
    Those are some great tasting Tequilas, try to find the one's Ivy and Rick (weliveinvegas) posted earlier as well.

After reading all this tequila talk, I may have to sample of my collection tonight!!!!
    Just don't overdo it. I know "P" will take care of you if you do.
    Besides drinking it straight, as in shots, or sipping, what is everyones favorite mixers? I know that I would do it with the cheaper tequila of course, but Tequila and Peach Schnaaps is quite tasty and Tequila and Desaronno is delicious, also. Anyone else have some good ideas? What about for drinks by the pool?
    I really like the "Looza" brand of fruit juices and nectars, there's more of a variety than what the picture shows, I think 10-15 different juices, plus the Nellie and Joe's Key west Lime juice I mentioned early on in this thread. For me, soft drinks don't mix well with any Tequila.

Kelly, I cannot believe the doc cut your hair????? You will not look the same. My wife always said you had great hair and it definitely fit the Pirate image? Shocked, is all I can say! I am surprised you did not finish all of your tequila after the surgical removal of your locks!!! Hopefully, you guys can stay the whole time this time with no threats of hurricanes!
    I'll drink to that. Yeah, I miss the hair, but my wife Crossbones and a few of her friends have said the "hotness" factor has risen considerably. Whatever. Gonna take me a while to get used to it.

Here is to wishing we come up with some dinero before August!!!

To all my fellow tequila lovers, may you have a great night and a great tequila sunrise!

Adios, mi comprades!
    Arriba, Abajo, Derecho, Adentro! In english that is Up, down, out and in. A toast before you do the shot of tequila!
    See ya!
    Blue
    Good luck,,,,, We're all counting on you.

Quote Originally Posted by midwestguy672
    OK, I'm not a tequila connoisseur, but I like a good tequila sunrise. What kind of tequila do I ask for at the bar at H3?
    Any Sauza that they have will be a better than JC. When in doubt, bring your own. Any of the brands that I and some of the other posters have listed in this thread are worlds better than any JC product.

By a far and wide margin.
    Last edited by Kelley; 03-24-2009 at 01:55 PM.
    with debauchery. Now everyone can stop with nicey, nicey and start being Pirates!!! AARRRGGGGHHH! !!!!"

Has anyone mentioned Tres Generation?

I like that one. How does that compare to other, more expensive Tequilas?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaEsnc View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Tres Generation?

I like that one. How does that compare to other, more expensive Tequilas?
    Blue mentioned it early on. Tres is good Tequila.

Blog Entries
    Kelly,

My wife said you would look hot with your hair cut! But, she did like your locks! I do like juices with tequila, no soft drinks. Those juices look good, I will have to look for some! Summer will be here soon and it will be nice to have some pool drinks!!! I do have a lot of rum, also, from participating in some contest and winning hedo bucks. lol.

Tres Generaciones is one of the better Sauzas! Very smooth!!!! Do not mix, drink it straight!!! Shake with some ice maybe, but then strain it! Yummy!

A good tequila for the sunrise would be a sauza or a patron!!!

I have delayed doing my taxes out of fear. I really need to see what the damage is so I can see if I can get to Jamaica. If not, we will go 2010!!! Pirates rock!

Blue

I wanted to keep this thread alive, so here you go. I posted this in the Bar's joke thread back in 2007,,,,,,,

Juan is strolling down the street in Mexico City and kicks a bottle lying in the street. Suddenly out of the bottle comes a Genie. Juan is stunned.

The Genie says,"Hello Master, I will grant you one wish, anything you want."

Juan begins thinking, "Well, I really like drinking tequila." Finally he says, "I wish to drink tequila whenever I want, so make me pee tequila."

The Genie grants him his wish.

When Juan gets home, he gets a glass out of the cupboard and pees in it. He looks at the glass and it's clear...looks like tequila. Then he smells the liquid... smells like tequila. So he takes a taste, and it is the best tequila he has ever tasted.

Juan yells to his wife, "Consuelo, Consuelo, come quickly!"

She comes running down the hall, and Juan takes another glass out of the cupboard and fills it. He tells her to drink it, it is tequila.

Consuelo is reluctant but goes ahead and takes a sip. It is the best tequila she has ever tasted.

The two drank and partied all night.

The next night Juan comes home from work and tells his wife to get two glasses out of the cupboard. He proceeds to fill the two glasses. The result is the same. The tequila is excellent and the couple drinks until the sun comes up.

Finally Friday night comes and Juan comes home from work and tells his wife, " Consuelo, grab one glass from the cupboard and we will drink Tequila." His wife gets the glass from the cupboard and sets it on the table.

Juan begins to fill the glass; and when he fills it, his wife asks him, "But Pancho, why do we need only one glass?"

Juan raises the glass and says, "BECAUSE TONIGHT, MI AMOR, YOU DRINK FROM THE BOTTLE."

I had some empty bottle pics I was going to post, but I couldn't find them. Soon come.
    Last edited by Kelley; 05-20-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Thumbs up

Tried another new one this week, was on sale, was a bit leery, but my wife the bargain hunter insisted, its called Tres Rios. She bought the Reposado, I prefer the Anejo, but again, the bargain. I may be a convert now, I would not hesitate buying it again.

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Middle of the Irish Sea..stuck on a rock!
    Man I love me some tequila..but after my gastic bypass...it's 1 tequila............. FLOOR!!!!

I sure do miss tequila...but I can drink the shit out of Mount Gay Rum!!! )

True story, My Wife and I took a trip to Cozumel. After a day of seeing the town and shopping also sampling all the nice tequila the stores had us to sample we went back to our Hotel. Yes we kept on drinking and by 7pm we we ripped. I said why don't we go naked. My wife said to put up or shut up. This is not a nude resort mined you. She stripped and ran down the beach and i followed. We jumped into the water and when I tried to get out I kept falling down. Some due to the rocks in the water some due to drunk as hell. Either way I made it out with all watching. I woke up the next morning to find out many more cray things I had down. PM and I will tell.

I had no idea this was happening. About a mile north of us, every year on one of our spoil islands in St Joseph Sound, part of our local intracoastal waterway, is a planned Cinco de Mayo event. The spoil island is affectionately called "Patron Island".

http://www.patronisland.com/

http://wikimapia.org/12713791/Patron-Island

It's the white square in the middle of the map,,, it may take a moment or two for your page to load,,,

Imo hafta see about attending next year.

My wife took me out for my birthday dinner last night. It's the first time I've had tequila in quite a while.

Patron Silver. 1 huge shot, more like 2 shots in a lowball glass, no ice, no salt, no lime,,, neat. liquor in a glass. Just like I like it.

Took me an entire hour to drink it, with dinner. I didn't drive home.

Weird.

If this is what 44 feels like, it sucks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast