Thread: Out of Rum Cream!

Out of Rum Cream!

That's it. M has poured the last drops out of the final bottle of Sangster's Rum Cream tonight.

So we're getting on the plane tomorrow and going to get some more

So here's a nice thread question: When you bring back an adult beverage from Jamaica what do you get and where have you found the best place to procure it from?

T&M

Blog Entries
    We usually just bring back Rum Cream. This July a good friend went on a shopping trip and found the limited edition Appleton's 30 yr rum for only $90 a bottle. Now I REALLY wish I had gotten out of bed to go on that shopping trip!

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

When we go I like to bring back Rum Creme as well as Coco Mania. I have found that when you go on the shopping trips if you find the local grocery store (theres one in Ocho nearby the flea market they have), you get a much better price. Granted they don't put it in a fancy cardboard box and such but I prefer the savings and wrapping the bottles in my dirty laundry(to date I have had no broken bottles and I check them below). You can also get great souveiners
    at the grocery. Shot glasses are about .99 each and Cock Soup has always been a favorite to give to friends, an entire box of 12 pkgs costs about $4.00.

Arrrgghhhh
    3 Days and a Wake Up ~~~

Captain Pam
    Flme31@Hotmail.com
    http://www.myspace.com/pamazon

CAPTAIN PAM AND PRINCE RICHARD THA RUTHLESS
    BareAss Buccaneers
    Clearwater Florida

Have you tried the Coffee rum cream...WOW! We just get 4 bottles (of rum cream) at the airport...compared to US liquor stores, they are pretty cheap. Plus they package it up and it is ready for our flight.... We use up a couple bottles at our Christmas party and have addicted many.
    "Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

Blog Entries
    We buy the rum cream because you cannot find it here. We take bubble wrap with us!!! We are all out, but will be stocking up in 2 days!!!!! Hedo III Aug 22-31!!!!!!!! Hedo or bust!

Cock Soup?!

We're fairly certain that isn't a Campbell's product.

The mental image of the packaging is worthy of a Photoshop contest, though.

While it is not Sangsters, Beverages and More does carry a couple brands of rum cream, at least here in San Diego. We also have a friend who goes to St Maarten several times a year and we have a standing order with her.
    Nick (and the lovely Kerry)
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Specializing in nautical/terrestrial acquistion and redistribution
    Yeah, you can buy it local here too now, but it's not any brand we'd recognise. Crossbones and I just came back with 6 liters of Sangster's best.
    "Pirates are crude, vile, highly
    offensive creatures who compensate for their lack of knowledge and manners
    with debauchery. Now everyone can stop with nicey, nicey and start being Pirates!!! AARRRGGGGHHH! !!!!"

Total Wine Stores have Cruzan Rum Cream. It is OK, a little sweeter than the Sangster. You have to ask and look for it...it is in different spots in different stores...most of the employees have never heard about it but get pretty interested when we tell them how yummy it is!

http://www.totalwine.com/

The closest to us is in Orlando, but we make a point to stop by when we are over there.

Tam
    "Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

Cruzan does not make an acceptable rum cream.
    You can get Sangsters at some Duty Free shops such as the Canadian Duty Free's.
    We prefer Lillifield brand rum cream ourselves.
    You can buy rum cream at the airport, or go into Negril and buy it really cheap.

Try it in coffee!
    Respect,
    Brent

Do you go to H2 in November? Want to join Us! Were open to Everyone!
    Lucky Group Trip #7! November 3rd - 14th 2010

BE SURE AND VISIT US ON THE WEB AT THE... VALS-PALS WEB SITE

u can try this site... the shipping is expensive.. but they have it...http://www.ja-direct.com/liqueurs.html

Sad news is to be had... after planning to load up with Sangsters Rum Cream at the duty free we got screwed. Our flight last week was right after Gustav and the airport was a madhouse, over 2.5 hours for check in, immigration and security. So after we cleared security they were boarding our flight leaving us no time to get our rum cream

Might have to visit Nick (and the insanely beautiful Kerry) in California to find a decent rum cream selection. The only rum cream we can get in Washington is Cruzan and it's crap.

Or we could always accelerate out next visit home...

Specializing in nautical/terrestrial acquistion and redistribution
    Quote Originally Posted by subband144 View Post
    u can try this site... the shipping is expensive.. but they have it...http://www.ja-direct.com/liqueurs.html
    If you got to have it, you got to have it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I guess. Good to know that there are alternatives.

But @ $33 US for a 700ml bottle, the shipping is another 29 or 30 bones on top of that. Your just throwing your money away, especially since Sangster's sells for $13-$16 US for the 750ml bottles anywhere in Jamaica.

If you brought an amount that gets you taxed @ customs, the fees would be much less per bottle than that website, IMHO. Not including the shipping.

Here's a wild idea,,,,, talk to folks here and get to know them,,,,, ask if they can bring you a bottle or two on their next trip,,,,,,,, compensation to be negotiated by private message or email, or whatever form of contact you have at your disposal. Payment in advance or,,,,, upon delivery, if they're close to you. Cash, check, charge, or whatever,,,,,
    Last edited by Kelley; 09-07-2008 at 09:11 AM.
    "Pirates are crude, vile, highly
    offensive creatures who compensate for their lack of knowledge and manners
    with debauchery. Now everyone can stop with nicey, nicey and start being Pirates!!! AARRRGGGGHHH! !!!!"