Thread: Cocktails International '08 Trip Report

Blog Entries

Cocktails International '08 Trip Report

Warning - Excessively long trip report follows:

Cocktails International July 26- Aug 2 Trip Report

Yet another great Cocktails International trip. This year we agreed to take on the co-host job after Nick/Kerry joined Rick/Ivy to form AWOL. They were big shoes to fill, but it was a lot of fun. We have always enjoyed getting to know the staff, and this way we got to know them even better. We had made a mid year trip in March by ourselves, but it was even better to go back with the group. You can’t beat going with a great group of people.

I have never met a better group of people than my Cocktails International family. These people know how to party, they have your back any time you need something, they know how to make you laugh till you hurt, they know more about me than just about anyone back home. This is a group of people with the broadest range of backgrounds you could put together. I would never be fortunate enough to have gotten to know them without Hedo. I think what makes everyone so great and helps us get along so well is that we all have an intense passion for life. We go to Hedo because we want to get the most out of life possible. Everyone has the utmost respect for other people. Everyone from prudes to the freakiest freaks you have ever met get along great. I love these people and I love this place.

OK – the trip:

Travel was uneventful. The immigration line was very long and we worried about our friends who were supposed to be waiting at the lounge for us. Soon I heard N call my name from behind. Apparently their flight was delayed. We agree with N that T looked like a ninja with those tennis rackets sticking out of her backpack. We knew T/N were freaks – now we realized they were a whole different kind of freak – Tennis – at Hedo?!?!?!?

The bus ride was quick and it was great getting re-acquainted with old friends and making new friends on the bus. It went fast – not sure how long it took since we had enough Red Stripe and laughing to pass the time.

We got to the resort and had my first drink – Pina Colada with a rum floater in honor of Rick. Check-in was fast and we were upgraded to the 600 building with a room right next door to N/T. I think this had something to do with my flirting with T while she checked in so they thought we were together until I explained that my wife was off getting drinks with N.

I was apprehensive about being in the 600 building – we usually like a prude side room so that it is quiet for afternoon naps. We were on the 3rd floor so this was not a problem – we always managed to get our naps in. I did enjoy the proximity to the pool during the day, but it is a long way to the buffet. I always fetch a couple omelets in the morning to eat in bed and some post-nap caffeine while Elle gets ready for the evening. I guess it is a toss up – we have yet to find a room we do not like at Hedo.

We were a smaller group this year. There was always someone we knew that we could go talk to, but the place was never very full. We have been there when it was packed and way too crowded, and we have also been there when it was very low occupancy so it felt dead. The occupancy level was perfect this week – room to spread out a little or find a chair if you wanted one, but plenty of new friends to meet. It seemed to fill in quite a bit on Wednesday as more people started showing up. I think a lot of people were splitting the two WW weeks, and we had a few split the CI and AWOL weeks.

I usually don’t do a day by day recount of the week, but for this trip it was easier for me to go back and remember things so that is what you get. I may have mixed up which days things really happened though.

Saturday:
    Got to the room about 6pm.
    Throw open the windows and see Dan down at the pool.
    Obligatory exclamation that there are naked people here.
    Off to Scotch Bonnet for traditional first meal.
    Short nap and then hit the piano bar.
    John has gotten much better, he seems to enjoy his job more now. He welcomes us into the piano bar instead of looking like he is afraid all us freaks are going to carry him away. Then off to the disco… the second annual white boy dance-off broke out. I have said it before, and must say it again – I dance like a drunken monkey pissing on an electric fence. That just so happens to be the kind of moves it takes to win this particular dance off. Unfortunately N must have been practicing this year. The dance-off ended in a tie again. Somehow it always ends in a tie – because really – when two computer guys have a dance competition – everyone looses, including the spectators.

Sunday:
    In an embarrassingly un-Hedo form we wake up at 8:00 and can’t get back to sleep. In true hedo form we climb out of bed at 8:45 . The rest of the day is our standard: omlete, pool, Scotch Bonnet, pool, nap, dress for dinner, dinner, change for theme, piano bar, disco, pool, sleep, repeat, and sprinkle in sex wherever and whenever – you know the drill.

Our meet and greet on top of the Scotch Bonnet was great this year. We had beautiful weather, much mingling, and some very good fantasies written in the book. This year we had very good commitment to the fantasy book. It was the theme of the week to achieve, and help others achieve, their fantasies. It is good to have goals 

Monday:
    One important thing to note about Monday, but I can’t go into details. Let’s just say it was a good night.

Tuesday:
    The ladies got together and helped Dan achieved his fantasy. Outside the Disco he was forcibly stripped, although he did not seem to put up much of a fight. He was lubed up with Wet Platinum, then sent down the waterslide. That was the fastest waterslide I have ever seen.

Elle got to star her fantasy card late that night and a picture of it is due to show up on the hedonism.com website. I’ll let you all know when it shows up and explain then. I even got to star the back of it

I have to make a formal apology to JuJu. I am known for adamantly raving about the midnight buffet. The burgers are the “Best damn burgers I have ever had” and I tend to make sure everyone knows it. I even had a discussion with the guy making the burgers, and after telling him my opinion of the burgers he proceeded to ask me where I was from so that he could make sure never to go there. JuJu, bless her heart for trusting me, simply tried a one by itself. She took a bite of her processed meat-food with processed cheese-food and immediately made a face that I can only describe as horror. She did not want to spit it out – but there was no way she was going to swallow it. Unfortunately I neglected to tell JuJu about the burger requirements. There must be bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, a bun and a significantly elevated blood alcohol level. If you are missing that last element – the results can be disastrous.

Wednesday:
    Our Naughty gift exchange was Wednesday and went very well. Right at the beginning of the gift exchange our great friends J&K showed up, fresh off the bus. There were some great gifts and some were put to use as soon as possible. We even got mine out and shared it at the main bar before dinner that night… I know what you freaks are thinking – but it was wine.

We added glow to fetish night so there were a lot of glowing kinky Cocktailians in the house Wednesday night. It always gets interesting figuring out where to attach the glow when you are wearing next to nothing…

I got to star my fantasy card tonight. I had the most incredible massage from four beautiful women while one more fed me chocolate… incredible…

Saw the sun rise Thursday morning and we finally got to sleep about 7:30 am.

Thursday:
    Up at 9:30 to get an omelet and ran into Rick and Ivy by the bar as they were just arriving. It was great to see you guy’s and I was lucky I even saw you as I stumbled through half asleep.

Ate our omelets and went back to sleep until 2:30.

I started to get sick tonight and it lasted through Friday so we kind of laid low Thursday and Friday.

The talent show was great this year. Our esteemed hosts surprised us all tonight. We are officially groupies.

We broke our marathon, co-ed, high-speed, waterslide record tonight and did 23 runs. Next trip will have to be 24.

Friday:
    This was our last night. We had an early group dinner at Pastafari before it opened so that we would not disturb any other guests. Rookie of the year was a no brainer this year – L was sprinting towards that prize from day one and never looked back.

The Cocktails International group theme was Cowboys/Cowgirls. This was a lot of fun with a lot of great outfits.

We had some very nice private time on the pier for our last night. We got a good laugh at the group talking P into walking out to see what was going on without telling her why. At least she made up a good story when she got back.

Our bus left at 3am Sat morning so we just went from the pool, to the midnight buffet, to the bus. It actually worked pretty well and I slept a lot on the bus and flights.

General Observations:
    The food was great. We made it to the buffet on the beach and the patio for a change. Although eating on the beach was not necessarily enjoyable – not sure who’s idea of a good time that is … We had Munasen twice and Pastafari three times. Munasen was great as usual and Pastafari was good. Our favorite thing about Pastafari is the quiet private atmosphere for us as a couple or with a few close friends.

Drinks were plentiful and they did not run out of VX too often. A friend was delighted to find a bottle of Johnny Walker Black and consumed way too much of said bottle. After bringing one bottle of tequila last year and having a great time that night, there were many bottles of tequila brought down this year. There was more tequila than we could drink so on the last night T and Elle served as Piano Bar shot girls walking around getting rid of the leftovers.

I did not even play a single game of volleyball in the nude pool this trip. We played a couple times in the quad, but every time we started a few guys would come over and join the game and make it very competitive. To me, Hedo volleyball should not even involve keeping score, let alone playing a hardcore game. Every aspect of my real life is competitive, at Hedo I want to watch the women jump up and down so lets just keep the volley going!

We had several couples join us this year who were also with WWV. It was nice to get a little synergy and get to know more people from the other group. For the third trip in a row we ran into B&L and always seemed to cross paths going the other direction. At least we got to sit and talk a few times. Of course that just involved Elle and L talking shop – but that is what she loves to talk about.

We made some great new friends, and reconnected with a bunch of great old friends. There were no problems, no drama, lots of partying, a few new experiences, and more fun than a person has any right to have. It was exactly what every trip to Hedo should be about.

I was going to skip the individual shout-outs – but could not resist…

J&D – You are the hosts with the most … we love you guys and thank you for giving us the Hedo host apprenticeship.

J&K – So glad you could make it even if it was a short trip. We did not get to spend enough time together – but any time is better than none. We will NOT go another year w/o seeing you.

T&N – T, thanks for using your mad ninja skills. N, no more Johnny Walker Black for you. We will keep in touch more this year.

V&G – You guys rock! You have got to be the nicest most helpful people we know.

L&R – go rookies, go rookies … we knew the moment we met you that you guys were going to be a ton of fun. I’ll never forget how you stayed on command when pirates are coming to pillage.

D&K – Without you the trip would not be the same, and we would not have this great group of friends. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Cocktail.

T&M – Congratulations – so glad we were able to attend your vow renewal. Elle says we are doing it in 2010.

T&D – Thanks for all your work leading up to the trip and hope T is feeling better.

C&P – C – thanks for the energy level. P, thanks for taking care of everyone.

T&F – As always Mr. Happy makes us smile

G&J – Only got to talk a few times this year we must have been on off schedules – glad we got to see you again.

I&D – So glad you decided to stay. D, you are one lucky man.

P&B – Close runner up for rookie of the year – you guys are a great addition to the group.

E&A – E, you are such a beautiful woman and never without a smile. A, We are so proud of you for testing the water.

D&T – I have D’s pimp outfit burned into my mind – HOT!!!. It was great to meet you guys.

B&J – I’ll never forget the matching outfit, and J’s impressions.

S&M – S, you are such a great woman. M, I gotta copy that accent – it makes Elle weak in the knees every time she heard you talk.

M – Glad we got to meet you and spend some time talking.

I apologize for everyone I missed. The week is a little of a blur and it went by too fast. I can’t wait to go back next year and see everyone again.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Thumbs up

Hey Rob,

Great report and I swear I could taste that drink here in Vegas, I was like...wtf...pina colada and a rum floater, where did that come from...lol...It was great to see you guys again, see you again soon.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Hey Rob and Elle.... You guys were awesome to relax with, as was everyone else in the group! The things we love about this group is comfort level and trust! Makes for a great vacation....even when the flights....well...are not so good. Direct flights in our future to say the least

We are looking forward to seeing everyone next year!
    Last edited by Spinx Haplo; 08-19-2008 at 09:57 PM.
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 19 - 26, 2014
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 18 - 25, 2015

T11 With The Cocktails Crew!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weliveinvegas View Post
    Hey Rob,

Great report and I swear I could taste that drink here in Vegas, I was like...wtf...pina colada and a rum floater, where did that come from...lol...It was great to see you guys again, see you again soon.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"
    It was a great drink - not one I usually drink often, but I found myself having them more often this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinx Haplo View Post
    Hey Rob and Elle.... You guys were awesome to relax with, as was everyone else in the group! The things we love about this group is comfort level and trust! Makes for a great vacation....even when the flights....well...are not so good. Direct flights in our future to say the least

We are looking forward to seeing everyone next year!
    Just glad you guys finally made it and shook off your travel hell so quickly to get into Hedo mode.

We always looked forward to seeing your costumes - always over the top. I will forever remember V's pirate pasties

BTW thanks again for the wicked awesome banner - and it looks great as your signature banner.

www.cocktailsintl.com

It was nice meeting you guys and thanks for the shots of tequilla in the piano bar.

Rob/Laura,
    It was great seeing you guys again and hanging out with the group for a couple days! You are going to do great at the helm of CI!! Congrats on the great honor!

See you next year!

Gretchen (G Spot)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTINHOTLANTA View Post
    Rob/Laura,
    It was great seeing you guys again and hanging out with the group for a couple days! You are going to do great at the helm of CI!! Congrats on the great honor!

See you next year!

Gretchen (G Spot)
    Thanks Gretchen. We are so glad you came a couple days early. It was great seeing you again - you really help crank up the energy level at Hedo.

www.cocktailsintl.com