Thread: AWOL in Hedo

Thumbs up AWOL in Hedo

A bit long, but we had not been home for a year. WOW!!! AWOL (Another Week Of Lunacy) rocked the resort. That’s as simple and easy as I can put it. WOW!!! There, I said it again. The resort was capacity or near capacity the entire week. The details follow:

It should be noted that our group held twice weekly chats to get to know each other prior to our group’s arrival on our www.awolinhedo.com site. We had 36 married or committed couples, 2 single ladies and a single male in the group. We added more people throughout the week of our stay.

The AJ flight from LAX to Montego Bay: There were 4 couples including us on our flight. We took a few minutes before the flight to introduce ourselves to the one couple we had not met prior to LAX Z/M, you guys rocked. The flight left a few minutes late but we were on board heading home. It was the redeye down, so after the first red stripe and ting/vodka, we settled in for our 5.5 hour flight. We landed on time and were directed towards immigration. It has never failed, as in all previous trips, the airport is being renovated. The immigration hall is huge. It is now amusement park style lines to direct you towards the appropriate official. AJ from LAX is the first flight in; there were no lines and no waiting. We spent maybe 3 minutes being processed through. Off to collect the luggage. We were short a bag, my worries were that it was all the stuff we had brought for the AWOL folks gift bags. I was a bit relieved when my wife pointed out that it was our clothes that were missing, I was going to Hedo, planned on being naked anyhow…to my wife’s relief they found the bag still in the luggage hold about to head to Kingston. Off to customs, took a bit to find the bag and wait for all the 4 couples to get their stuff so they had actually closed the customs line to one line and they had someone’s luggage opened and going through everything to our dismay. When they saw that more people were now in line they opened a second line and waved us all through. Off to the Super Clubs desk where we were offered a bottle of water and the paperwork to fill out for the resort. There was one other person in the lounge, we were hoping for a private bus to get the party started AWOL/Hedo style, but that was not to be. We were actually put on a bus that had already been staged outside loaded with folks going to non Hedo type resorts with children. Oh well, we would be home soon. After filling up with gas and picking up one more couple at the airport we were on our way. Total driving time was about 1 hour and 10 minutes with one stop to drop off one couple at another resort. They have added a few stop lights onto the route which slowed us down. There was also some trenching being done to update the water system and we were delayed there for a couple minutes. The road is complete and is smooth sailing. IF they ever make it 2 lanes each direction, that trip will be less than 45 minutes each way.

We arrived on resort and 2 of the 4 rooms were not ready, note that the two were suites, one Ocean Front one Ocean Front Nude, no problem, no worries, we stored luggage in one of the other couples room. When we got back to the front, we noted that one couple had already found the prude beach and were making there own little party. We took the other 2 couples on a quick trip around the resort. It was well groomed and the workers were cordial as ever. By the time we got back up front, our rooms were ready, recovered our luggage and to our room we went. It was time to get the party started. The majority of AWOL was not due to arrive until Saturday and we arrived on Thursday to make sure all was ready for these crazy folks, little did we know that the calm before the storm would be looked back on as “the good ole days” in just 2 short days.

Saturday was our groups main arrival day, after we met Nick and Kerry, also AJ LAX, (also group hosts) in the lobby along with J/T who we had met at our Las Vegas Meet and Greet, we hit the nude pool for an hour before the masses would begin arriving. We gathered up our gift bags and headed for the lobby where we spent from 10:30am until 9:30pm meeting and waiting for the AWOL folks. We were not alone, Z/M spent most of the day giving up their day to also meet folks as they arrived, if they come next year, they get to wait in the lobby, we will be at the nude pool…lol…honestly we thank you guys for giving up your day to hang in the lobby.

With AWOL on the resort, it was time, all the planning, all the chats and all the meet and greets, it was party time. This group of folks ran the resort for the next week. Resort staff told us we had revitalized the resort. The nude pool was packed with AWOLers easy to identify with our group custom dog tag style (thank you C/S) ID’s on chains around their necks. We brought some extras without names just the logo, and gave those out to adoptees and resort staff that requested them. AWOL was represented at the Quad and the prude side as well. The party at the nude pool never stopped, from sun up to sun up. The nights in the hot tub were packed and even the late night rains didn’t damper the spirits.

The piano bar, after dinner, was where most evenings got started followed by the disco and then nude pool/hot tub. There was much participation in the theme nights, including 2 AWOL themes. One Glow night and one Naughty School Girl night.

Food for the week was outstanding. I thought service was a bit slow at the Reggae Café but the food was great. Pastafari, the Italian eatery, changed the menu 3 times during our stay; the rib eye and the tenderloin were favorites of ours. Munasan’s done tepanyaki style was good as always we ate there 3 nights and had Natalie on the grille each night; she made it a fun dinner with outstanding friends. The buffet was great for breakfast, the omelet bar was great. We had lunch there one afternoon, just the salad bar and it rocked. We are not picky eaters and we did not go hungry. For those that remember him, we ran into David the old F & B guy, he was on resort last week helping out in the kitchens, he left Friday to go back to Michigan for his last year of school, seeing him was an added plus to our trip. We have missed him.

PDA’s, saw plenty, and involved in some, only heard of one case where someone was stopped, sorry Nick. Based on his accounting of the event, I would say that someone had sand in their panties for some reason.

One of our group members, thanks Mark, put together an AWOL excursion, nude cruise. All the reports we got were outstanding trip can’t wait to see those pix. There was also one to Negril to Hedo 2 for the day, the other 3 AWOL couples that went with us made for a really fun day long trip, if you take it, plan on being gone from 8am to 10pm. It would not have been so long had they not added 5 other resorts to our “exclusive” excursion, but all was well. Ricks Café was fun and the sunset albeit a brief glimmer was most excellent.

We had some friends Mo and Moe, that were unable to go to Hedo this year so we took a couple dolls with us, they were quite the chat on the flight and at the resorts, they made it to Hedo 2 since Mo likes Hedo 2 as well. Can’t wait to show them the pix from their trip…lol..

This was our 8th trip to Hedo 3, but out first as group hosts, people ask all the time why do you keep going back and the answer is clearer now than ever before, it really is the people. This group was so much fun. I will attempt to mention as many as I can here, for those I forget know this, you all made this group what it is today, you have set the bar for AWOLers to follow. N/K , true friends, see you soon. C/M, you guys rock, come to Vegas and let us show you the lights, J/T, you folks got partying to a science, a little of this mixed with a little of that and…boom, party on. Z/M, lol….let Zeb try it, you guys were a huge help that Saturday. J/L C/S, S/B, E/M, B/R and S/R, S, G-Spot, your help was appreciated. B/B, R/A, and on and on and on, each and every person that was with us made this trip the best one ever. I know I did not add everyone, but know that we appreciate you all. And as I close this I just want to say to B/E, OMG, I have never been greeted by anyone (Hi, my name is E, have you seen my, as she pulled her bikini to the side, clit ring) in the lobby the way that E did, forever etched in my mind as the best greeting ever. Oh, and yes, even the good bye from the fountain as we left Saturday.

To all of the AWOL folks, we miss you already, see you next year. 8/1 to 8/8.

Ivy and Rick

"Once you go, you know"
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 08-11-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Great report, sounds like you guys ran an awsome group.
    P + j....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Thumbs up

It was a blast, the folks made this trip all that it was. If you guys have any questions, hit us up.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

AWOLINHEDO ROCKS !!!!!!!!

My 4th and by far the best trip due to this group of people.

Already booking for 2009.

Jim & Barb

Thumbs up

Thanks Jim, was good to see you guys again, we look forward to seeing you again in 2009.

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Rick and Ivy (Nick and Kerry too): We are glad to be part of the AWOL family. Your hard work and effort set the stage for an incredible and memorable week. Many Thanks!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by J and T View Post
    Rick and Ivy (Nick and Kerry too): We are glad to be part of the AWOL family. Your hard work and effort set the stage for an incredible and memorable week. Many Thanks!
    J and T,

It was the folks like you that made AWOL what it was, we look forward to seeing you at AWOL...The Sequel...next year and you know you are welcome in Vegas if you make it this far east...lol...

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

we couldn't agree more of what has been said... it is an honor too be part of this great group of people.... the more and more we read and talk about hedo we agree its all about the people and the friends u make while you are there.... cant wait too get back and see all of our AWOL family next year.....

Agree with everything said above! Basically it can be summed up with: AWOL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just sucks it is 11 months and 3 weeks until I will be with my AWOL family again. Thanks for a great trip!

Love,
    GSPOT

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Great Trip Report! (thanks for the shout out, too!). We are SOOOO sad that we couldn't make it with you guys this year, but we're definitely planning to be back on track with you next August.

Love ya!
    Moe & Mo

"Are You Feeling Hedo's Mojo Yet?"
    Hedonism II, April 21-28, 2012
    mo@hedomojo.com

Moe and Mo, it was great meeting you guys at the airport.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dunc View Post
    Moe and Mo, it was great meeting you guys at the airport.
    Z/M,

If you liked them at the airport, you will LOVE them in person....

When you come to Vegas to pick up your "Rookie of the Year" Award, give me some notice and I will try to set up a meeting for the "real deal", good good folks.

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com