Thread: Hedo newbies...

Hedo newbies...

Hello all, we are a late 30's married couple (she asian/he white) from Toronto planning a swing vacation to the carribean and are interested in the HEDO resorts. Can anyone tell us what the basic differences are between HEDO II and III? Sorry if this is a silly question.

JandP

hedo 2 is best,we will be there 3-20 jan for sexy fun

Hello Len Caroline:
    So can we ask, what makes Hedo II best? Is it more swing focused? Where are you two from?

Hedo's, unlike any other resorts I know of, garner a very loyal following, maybe even obsessive, I have read they have the highest return rate of any resort in Jamaica, maybe even the Carribean.

Guest love "their" Hedo, which ever one it may be, it is home to them, so of course they feel very strongly about them. So, an objective opinion may be hard to come by.

Hedo 2 is the original, the first, so it has followers going back 20+ years. Hedo 3 is newer, maybe 6 years old, but has produced a devoted following in that time.

As stated above, Hedo 2 is older, and I read, shows its age in a few places, but it also has the better beach of the two. Its bigger, so its easier to find you own "alone space"

Hedo 3 is newer, so the facility is less aged, its also smaller, but some think its more intiment.

Neither would be considered a 5 star resort, the food at both goes through an ebb and flow, from ok to good, both have the same specialty fair, japanese, italian and jamaican.

Both have a piano bar (though at this time I think H2 takes the lead here) and a disco (both of which are often reported as being to hot, stuffy and loud)

But none of these things are what most people go to Hedo for, IMO, most people go for the atmostphere, the accepting, fun, lets have a blast, people, and the complete departure from our "normal" lives.

That being said, again, IMO, your Hedo experience is totally dependant on who's there when you are. So, I suggest you take a look at the trip reports and travel groups on this board, and others, and see who interest you, then start conversing with them, and see who you click with.

Good luck
    NekkidPirate

Hedo 3-
    Apr 2003 -2008
    Oct 2003-2005

Desires Cancun-
    Sep 2008
    Oct 2015

Hedo 2-
    Apr 2009
    Apr 2016
    Apr 2017

N Resort-

Desires Pearl-
    Apr 2013

its been answered for me,we are from the uk.let us know if you go in jan.

Thanks Len and Nekid

It looks like January would be a good time to go, will keep you posted! It would be fun to meet people from the site when we are there. Certainly would be a good place to start (wink wink)
    JP