Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats the time difference?

Quote Originally Posted by PR4hedo View Post
    Well... I have to agree with BigDave (again, jajaja), Moorerotic and Shawn&Christina. Jamaica is Eastern standard time zone.

I live in Puerto Rico which is an island very close to Jamaica. We don't have daylight saving time here either. There is an hour differance only during winter. Right now we have the same time as Florida, PA or N.Y. As far as chicago I'm not sure what time zone it falls under.
    Woooo hoooo!!!!! All right BigDave!!! Do I get credit for supporting and agreeing with you? Is there a 2nd place winner? Just checking!! Jajajaja!! May be I get to pick a prize too... Hummm!!
    Last edited by PR4hedo; 08-05-2008 at 10:05 AM.

Jamaica is currently 1 hour behind Eastern Standard Time, which means when EST falls back in Nov. it will be the same time. Jamaica is currently the same time as Chicago which is in the Central Time Zone, which means when Chicago falls back in Nov. it will be one hour behind Jamaica.

Oh, and try traveling on the same day as we fall back. Very confusing!

Whew!!!
    Val's-Pals

Hedo II

November 5-12, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Moorerotic View Post
    Sorry, 55chevy, my bad! You are indeed correct. I made a big miscalculation. Because of the time change we are currently under. Right now, Chicago and Jamaica are at the same time, but they are definitely not in the same zone.

So right now, the DC area, were I am, is at GMT -4 (Eastern Daylight Time).
    Chicago is at GMT -5 (Central Daylight Time) and
    Jamaica is at GMT -5 (Eastern Standard Time).

Yes, this is absurdly confusing. But I'm sure this is finally correct.

Call at will, badkitty.

I'll try to stick to the stuff I do understand.
    Hey Mooreotic, Don't sweat the petty stuff when you can pet the sweatty stuff. LOL I must admit I had to use this brain a little - as mentioned in another post, when I looked at my airline tickets, I was going WTF. We fly out of central time zone, change planes in eastern time zone (ATL) and then land in MoBay all within 4 hrs with a 1 hr layover in ATL. Oh yeah, did I mention that our time changes back 1 hr during our trip (on Nov 2nd ). Hell I was planning on sleeping that 1 hr, oh well guess it will be a non stop party.
    Come Nov 1 thru Nov 8 - it's always 5 o clock somewhere and definitely will be nekkid time. And whoever gets elected while I'm gone can kiss my nekkid ass, at least I hope they will, I hate to get screwed without a little foreplay.
    [U]GOOD FRIENDS - GOOD WHISKEY [/U]& GOOD LOVIN' - NEED I SAY MORE

i am really confused. I was glad someone asked this question but...i'm in Texas, will be flying out of Wichita, KS, flying into Atlanta, onto Mobay. Not to sound even further ignorant but i believe i am in central time zone, maybe not, lol ...anyway, what would be the time diff for me coming from TX and my travel partner is from NE so we would be the same

I definatly wanna thank all of u have worked so hard to figure this out!!!! Now i can still be good mommy while being badkitty lol!

okay, did some of my own research. Best i can tell Jamaica is 4 hours ahead of me. That will take some getting used to

damn, had a customer come in and screwed me up, lol. I wasn't finished typing. Example; when it's 8 a.m. and i'm thinking "yum, breakfast" it will be 12 in jamaica, oops, missed breakfast. And i've been told you DO NOT want to miss breakfast.
    Last edited by peej4262; 08-05-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: wasn't finished

DON'T miss b-fast. The omelettes can carry you a looong way!

Quote Originally Posted by peej4262 View Post
    i am really confused. I was glad someone asked this question but...i'm in Texas, will be flying out of Wichita, KS, flying into Atlanta, onto Mobay. Not to sound even further ignorant but i believe i am in central time zone, maybe not, lol ...anyway, what would be the time diff for me coming from TX and my travel partner is from NE so we would be the same
    If you are going before we "fall back," you will gain an hour in Atlanta and give it back (be on the same time as TX and NE) when you arrive in MoBay.

Quote Originally Posted by PR4hedo View Post
    Woooo hoooo!!!!! All right BigDave!!! Do I get credit for supporting and agreeing with you? Is there a 2nd place winner? Just checking!! Jajajaja!! May be I get to pick a prize too... Hummm!!
    PR4hedo,
    If your there in March, the drinks are on me. if not put it on my tab! I do the same!

dst

Nope, no DST on da island. The only moment i'm aware of time is when they remind me it's time to go back to da states...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by peej4262 View Post
    okay, did some of my own research. Best i can tell Jamaica is 4 hours ahead of me. That will take some getting used to

damn, had a customer come in and screwed me up, lol. I wasn't finished typing. Example; when it's 8 a.m. and i'm thinking "yum, breakfast" it will be 12 in jamaica, oops, missed breakfast. And i've been told you DO NOT want to miss breakfast.
    We had a couple from Houston with our group, there was not difference in the time for them currently.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12