Thread: A single male trip report for June 2008

A single male trip report for June 2008

Well, what can I say… the flight down was uneventful. The flight attendants were in good spirits and everyone pretty much accepted the higher rates. The walk to customs and immigration was longer than I remembered.

The shuttle bus had a single, newbie female and a few couples going to Lido. We all talked about the resorts and how much fun Hedo could be. The one couple was celebrating their 10 year anniversary. I told them they should take a day trip over to Hedo and they agreed. I ran into them at Delroy’s two days later. They told me that they were bored out of their minds at Lido and would book Hedo next time.

Check in went smoothly. Unfortunately I was stuck in my room for two hours until they got someone over to fix the room safe. It wouldn’t close and no way was I going to walk around with my passport and cash. No pockets. Other than that, the room was fine. Plenty of hot water, good water pressure and the AC worked great.

The resort was at less than 30 percent capacity, so it was a big change from last year, when the resort was packed. The good thing about that was it made it easy to get a drink at the bar and find a seat on the beach or around the pool. The other cool thing about having so few people there was that it allowed me to meet almost everyone there and have some good conversations. It also made it easy to spot the few jerks, but harder to avoid them.

I had planned on spending quiet days reading the 5 books I bought with me. But I would start chatting with people and have such a good time laughing so much, that I barely finished the first book by the time I left 10 days later.

The shows were decent. The EC’s do a good job considering the new things they’re taking on. I really did enjoy dancing with Vixen. For some reason the dining area was a sauna every night. But, I quickly discovered which seats were under a fan that was at just the right distance to cool me off without cooling my food too rapidly.

I met a lot of great people this trip. I’m not going to mention names, but we spent a lot of time in the corner of the pool by Delroy’s. I think the center of the universe thing came down to the fact that you could sit in cool water, with the sun beating on your back, with drinks just an arm’s length away and plenty of good company.

I also spent a lot of time floating off the beach with some funny people and enjoying the salt water. The water balloon launcher was cool. Kim has a natural talent. When the couple with the balloons left, the boat drivers seemed kinda sad about it. They didn’t come around much after that.

The nude volleyball was fun. I played one game, then remember that I’m old and I smoke. After that, I was the designated cheerleader and ball retriever. It was fun watching the people I’d been hanging around with beat on the Jersey young’uns. Tom, Tina and Kim, you guys rock at V-ball!

Thanks to all the great people I met for all the laughs and for letting a single male hang around with you. The best compliment I got was having a girl I just recently met ask me to watch her drink while she went to the ladies room. That’s a sure sign of trust.

Hope to see you all again there next year.

Den
    Breathe...Relax...Drink ...Nothing is forever.
    June 18 - 27, 2008
    March 25 - April 2, 2009

Great report! It's good to hear from a single that ISN'T in the Vinnie category as many on this forum makes all singles a part of...

I'm not a single, but do understand that singles are part of the dynamic that makes Hedo all that it is!
    Chris and Sarah
    HII - `97, `99, `08
    currently planning 4th trip to paradise!

I'm trying to start a new single male category... Dennis = a single male that goes to hedo for the atmosphere and great people, without worrying whether I'm going to have sex or not. Respectful of all and loves to laugh.
    June 18 - 27, 2008
    March 25 - April 2, 2009

PRKnight,
    Thanks for the new category. Hopefully I will be nominated to join. I have had good reviews after two trips!

Registered User Tony and Tracey's Avatar
    Hi Dennis - It was nice meeting you and hanging out at Delroy's even for a day. You did miss the excitement though. Tracey fell and went head first into a hottub (not her fault) the foot washer was not lit up and she did not see it and hit her face smack into the cement stairs. Not a happy camper quite banged up (and not the right way). So we had 2 good days there not 5. We are doing a redo in November though. Then again back in June next year.
    Tony and Tracey

Hi there!
    There is a solo/single group trying to get formed, so that we're not always so outnumbered when we travel. A few are going to H3 at New Years.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoloAtHedo/

Come join the fun!
    Kristin

Hi Tony, sorry to hear that Tracey got hurt. I hope there was no damage to that adorable face of hers? I might end up seeing you again again next June. Or we can get together for drinks and laughs in NC.

Martinigal, I'm already in the SoloAtHedo group. I'm knight66d there. Cheers to being single.
    June 18 - 27, 2008
    March 25 - April 2, 2009

Registered User Tony and Tracey's Avatar
    We would love to get together for drinks...........not Thursday's though....LOL.
    Do you have any favorite hotspots? Email us at traceyandtony4fun@yahoo.com.