Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running into ???

Running into ???

I find myself wondering how many people have gone to HII or HIII and ran into somebody(ies) that they know. LOL

Either from their personal life or their professional life. Someone that they TOTALLY would not expect to run into at this type of place.

I figure that would be a bit embarrassing at first and then HILARIOUS from then on.

Has anyone out there had this happen to them???

Hubby and I were JUST talking about this last night and going through all our friends/family/neighbors/coworkers trying to figure out who we would be most likely to spot. I think it would be hilarious there, but maybe kinda awkward back in the real world when you bumped into them at the water cooler or saw them at church, ha!

eta: This is MissKitty posting under Hubby's name - didn't realize he was logged on. Just to clarify!
    Heading to Hedo III Nov. 1-7 with MissKitty!

First trip to H3, my girlfriend ran into the nurse from her kids doctors office, " Hey, she looks familiar, OMG its my kids nurse, oh hello, funny seeing you here" it was pretty funny. Kept runnin into her for 5-6 trips, ya just never know
    NekkidPirate

Hedo 3-
    Apr 2003 -2008
    Oct 2003-2005

Desires Cancun-
    Sep 2008
    Oct 2015

Hedo 2-
    Apr 2009
    Apr 2016
    Apr 2017

N Resort-

Desires Pearl-
    Apr 2013

lol I ran into one of my old church members.... VERY HILARIOUS... im like hey is that you.. WOOW lol

partner and i used to work together so we always were careful that if one of us thought we saw someone we knew, we would immediately inform the other.

now that we aren't working at the same company, that's not an issue.

it can be an issue when we run across someone who doesn't know (we try to keep it very private in life, but not online) that there are three of us in the relationship. there have been a couple people in town who have felt the need to notify his other SO - and since we all know about this, she'll say "oh yea, they were out doing such n such while I did this". really takes the 'tattler' aback! LOL

we'd tell ourselves the same thing when going to a club....if YOU'RE there...and THEY'RE there...everyone knows what everyone else is there for!

hell, i was trying to convince my sister and her hubby to go the same week we were going b/c they haven't been on a vacation in years.

We ran into folks from town that are BIG Gossips in the airport on the way down last year (our first trip). They asked where we were going (Breezes of course!). We were panicked, not knowing how the drop offs were facilitated, but we got picked up before they had all their luggage. We saw them again in the airport on the way back and they told us about the "Hedo Freaks" they spotted on one of the day cruises they took from their resort.

We have actually invited a few friends to go with us. All seemed interested in going but so far, no one has made the plunge!!!
    ~Bill & Dawn
    March 15th to March 23st ~ 2013
    HEDONISM II ~ NEGRIL, JAMAICA

We did meet a celebrity at Hedo3. Can't say who I promised but be sure to check out everyone's face twice, you never know ! They tend to not look like they do in Hollywood , keep to themselves on the nude side and wear sunglasses and baseball caps ! LOL but I'm serious keep your eyes open !
    2x at Hedo 3 - 1st floor @ QUAD JULY 9-13, 2008. Hoping to have oh and some more till we drop !!

Just say, "Hi..................nice to see you again" and press on. Chances are they don't want you to say anything to their friends or family either.

Thumbs up

One trip to Hedo 3, we had a couple come up to us in the nude pool, they recognized us from a club we hung out at here in Vegas. The only thing we found awkward was that they recognized us and knew our names, we were not so fortunate. Shook hands, gave hugs and parted ways.

I jus wan go home mon!
    Ivy and Rick

sux!!!!

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

WE met a couple whose daughter lives in our town and is my hubbys veternarian. Their kids didn't know thats were they went, so we swore to keep our mouths shut. My husband went to the vets office one day and the daughter was working. She asked him, "So did you meet my parents with their clothes on, or were they naked?" He replied, "I know nothing!" They must have thought we would tell and told her themselves!

Not yet
    Last edited by intoronto; 03-25-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Registered User CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Never met anybody we knew when we were there, but we DID get to know quite a few folks while we WERE there !!!

Got to say that it wouldn't be a problem for me or Tinks, simply because anybody you DID bump into is obviously there for EXACTLY the same reasons you are. So where is the problem? No need for discretion with like-minded people, surely?
    You only get one life - LIVE IT!

I ran into a guy that I work with in the ER. A little creepy since he starred at me the entire time. And now whenever I work with him he stares at me.

Blog Entries

Too funny!

We have not ran into anybody that we knew. But, it would be quite funny if we did. I think it would be hilarious. What can they say? Funny thought!!!

Ready to go Aug 22-31!!!!! Hoping to run into some of you guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast