Thread: Spring Break 2009 - We're moving the party!

Spring Break 2009 - We're moving the party!

Well folks...I have been absent from the forums recently as there has been an issue of concern and we were not certain how it would turn out.

The result is both good and bad.

The bad is that Hedo 3 has brought in an outside group to coincide with the week that Spring Break has booked for the past 5 years. A very NON-lifestyle group.

I know of this because it's a pole dancing organization. One that is running several competitions in various countries and is planning their "finals" for that week at Hedo.

Those who know me know I am very much into the professional pole dance world, and while I would love to see or even participate in an event like this, it has NOTHING to do with Hedo or with the lifestyle. Our "job" during Spring Break is not about pole dancing but about keeping our group happy.

I've been reading about this event on pole dancing forums (yes I spend too much time on message boards!) and there will be non-lifestylers from all over the world attending this event as this is considered the "world finals" for this group. There are going to be competitions and special events all week long from Monday though Saturday.

Some have even expressed disappointment that it's being held at Hedo with "a bunch of swingers" so you can imagine that some non-friendlies will be there that week! Many non-lifestyler are "looking forward" to experiencing Hedo for the first time but they are uninformed about what Hedo is really like. Most will only be there because of the pole dance competition - not because they support the lifestyle. In some cases, jokes or even snide comments have been made! Some think it's a bad idea that will negatively impact the professional pole dance world.

We and Castaways have presented our concerns over this mix repeatedly but Hedo is unwilling, despite the years of support that Spring Break and others who travel to be there during this lifestyle week have given, to budge and will not ask the other group to move.

Since this group will be starting their events on Monday the 20th and the "world finals" on Saturday the 25th, this will affect the majority of our week at Hedo 3.

The good news is - we are moving the party. Our week for many is dependent on the dates, not the location. Even more importantly, our group is dependent on the people who join us...NOT the location.

We've already been in touch with many from our group and have received a lot of email expressing concern over the mix with this non-lifestyle week and a desire to move if Hedo will not support us.

Therefore, we will be moving, same time, same dates...different location:

Spring Break 2009, April 18-25th will be at Hedo 2 next year! And the party will start even earlier as the trip from the airport is shorter!

For those we would have overlapped with (Cop and Kittens group) we are SO sad to have to miss you!
    Last edited by MaryW; 07-01-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

We totally understand and are glad we are leaving when that group arrives. But are also very sad to be missing you guys. You guys gave us such great info and ideas to start our own group and were looking forward to thanking you in person.
    Then again, there is always next year (unless you wanna sneak down for NYE with us)
    Paul + sexy joan....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

We'll have to think about NYE - every year we tell ourselves we're going to do something really fun on NYE and never go away anywhere! Maybe it will happen this year.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com