Thread: 2 Single Girl Newbies 6/8-6/15

Talking 2 Single Girl Newbies 6/8-6/15

We went to a travel agent and wanted to go on vacation where we both havent been before, all-inclusive and adults only. She recommended H3. We had both heard of it (and of course that it was crazy, swingers, etc) and were a little aprehensive. But, we figured what the hell and went for it. Im so glad we did!!!

Overall it was a great place and we had an amazing time. Here are some things that hopefully will help some other newbies.....

The bugs were definitely there (mostly mosquitos). Not really a big deal, but just DONT leave your room/bathroom windows open! We had a oceanfront room and wanted to listen to the ocean at night while falling asleep but that ended up not being such a good idea.

When we arrived, we stopped by the quad pool and it was DEAD. We spent the ENTIRE week in the nude pool. Being the first time we've gone nude, we were nervous but it wore off quickly. I thought everyone would stare and judge but they didnt. Not. at. all. DO NOT worry about how you look, scars, fat, cellulite. No One Cares. I saw beautfiul skinny women, really heavy women, a woman with scars from a fire, an elderly woman in a wheelchair, etc.

The one thing I thought that could have been better is that the front desk should leave a stack of photocopied daily activity sheets for guests to pick up so they know whats going on during the day. We rarely went to the lobby where there have the daily activity list only posted in one place. Again, not a big deal....no problem mon!

Although we loved the resort, we did venture off. We did horseback riding (they take you deep into the water as well as on a trail) it was GREAT! We also did Dunns River Falls and swimming with dolphins, both amazing and well worth it! shopping in Ocho Rios and Margartiaville (eh, it was ok) We hooked up with the taxi driver that took us to the horses and told him that we wanted to see the culture and non-touristy areas. (We met a single guy on vacation at H3 by himself -he wasnt creepy, LOL- and he came with us. Although it did not seem dangerous at all, I felt better being with him). The taxi driver actually took us to his house and we met his family! It was exactly what we wanted. Really cool!

We met friends that we there for their first time also and they decided to go there for the free scuba. The lesson is $70 and you can scuba up to three times a day for free. I will DEFINITELY take advantage of that the next time.

I packed a lot of clothes and actually wore pretty much everything. Mostly on the excursions and at night because we were nude the entire day. A lot of people dressed up for the theme nights. Some went ALL OUT, some didnt. Do what you want!

I have been to the Bahamas 3 times and absolutely fell in love with the people there. The Jamaicans are a little different, not as friendly or attentive. At times I felt like I was bothering them by asking them to make blender drinks. It might just be me because I know alot of people dont feel that way. BUT, some of them were absolutely amazing (John at the nude grill) Wow, what a beautiful person he is!

I was not a big fan of the food, but it didnt bother me. My friend liked the food a little better than me. Personal preference I guess.

The piano bar is tons of fun and sometimes alot more fun that the disco. We went when there were no groups there and at times the disco was dead. No biggie, we just hung out at the piano bar or nude jacuzzi. Whoa! The disco wasnt as hot as I heard it was, but then again we went there long.

The hot tub (we were only in the nude one, although they have 3) was usually really really hot. Im not complaining though, I like it that way. Just jump in the pool every now and then and you'll be fine.

We didnt have any problems with the lounge chairs at all. Again though, there were no groups there so not a crazy amount of people.

The weather the first 2 days was weird. You would have sun until around 2 and then it would be overcast/cloudy/rain. The rest of the week was perfect.

I did pack a large mug but mostly used it for ice water for hangovers in the morning. The drinks are small, but its nice to venture off to get a drink and meet more people on the way!

I also brought binder clips to attach my towel to the chair which I used every day. I brought 2 of my own towels and never had to get a hotel towel. I did hear once or twice that there was a shortage, but you can just grab one from the gym or just air-dry!

The room was beautiful...the bathroom was even better! No problems at all with AC or shower or anything. The mix of hot air and AC did fog up the mirrors (above bed and behind headboard) and left a wet film on walls, but again, not a problem!

The drinks were good, sometimes had to ask for more alcohol but again, a personal preference. Dirty bananas are amazing and drank them most of the time.

Check in - we had to wait about an hour. Check out was fine. Getting home we had a 5 hour delay bc of mechanical trouble and got home at 6:30 a.m. instead of 10:30 pm.

We met THE coolest people there. Definitely a laid back, easy going bunch of people. On our second to last day there the Cave Dwellers and Quad Squad showed up. We went over to hang with the Q.S. bc they had a DJ over by the Quad Pool and it was soooo cool! I was so upset that we couldnt hang with them the whole week. I defiitely want to go next year with them! The sex wasnt that crazy although you will see a few things, mostly at night at the nude jacuzzi.

Well, I guess thats about it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Especially if you are not sure about being nude. This is the best place to do it bc it seems that everyone loves everyone. It was great. I miss it already and cant wait to go back. FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS!!!

-Lisa (and Glenda)
    Last edited by LisaGlenda; 06-25-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks for a great Trip Report.
    Lots of info.

InToronto
    Last edited by intoronto; 05-17-2011 at 06:19 AM.

LisaGlenda- thanks for the great report. We hope that the help offered prior to the trip was helpful- one more tip for you- it helps us deal a little with the DIF- since you mentioned the dirty bananas.
    We have found that the Friday's Blender Mix for mudlside, when combined with a banana and put through the blender, makes a serviceable facsimile of the hedo drink.
    Thanks again for the report- glad you had a nice trip.
    37 days.
    Nick (and the lusty kerry)
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Thanks for the Dirty-Banana-wannabe receipe! I will have to mention that to Glenda!

And yes, I totally forgot to mention that reading this site was a huuuuuge help. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to write reports and ask and answer questions.

This site is great! Dont have the next trip planned yet, but I would definitely go back!!!