Thread: Local Vendors a Problem?

Local Vendors a Problem?

My wife was wondering about being continually bothered by the locals selling stuff. When we were last in the Bahamas (Nassau), we tried to tan on the beach but were bothered every 30 seconds by someone tring to sell us something (over and over again). Is that a problem at the resort beach ? or anywhere else during the trip to Hedonism that any of you have experienced?

You won't have a problem if you stay on the Hedonism Beach.

Hedonism brings in craftspeople so you don't have to leave the resort if you want to buy things, but they're relegated to a couple picnic tables up away from the beach (and they're on the prude beach).

The only person I ever saw selling anything on the nude beach was the Lobster guy. You could buy a lobster and have the nude beach grill cook it for you -- but I only saw him once or twice and he just did one pass.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

half the time i have my headphones on listening to buffet. they see that and keep walking.
    youre only as old as the woman you feel!

It was nice that they had the local people there everyday, since I did end up buying a couple of things. But, I really appreciated them being confined to their tables. No one bothered us at all on the beach. They rotate their crafts daily so you can see something different each day.
    I like girls, who like girls, who like girls....

The first time we went to Negril we didn't stay at Hedo, we stayed down the beach in a smaller hotel. Very reasonably priced and the beach was MUCH nicer, but every 15 minutes or so someone was bothering you to sell you something, usually drugs. VERY annoying, even a little scary at times. Much nicer to stay at the more "controlled" resorts. I don't even think it's that much more expensive by the time you add in food, booze and scuba.
    Alex & Laura: H2 Dec 4-13 2009
    There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning - Jimmy Buffet

I agree Alex and Laura. I appreciated all the employees and security staff hanging around. I saw security stop a couple of people trying to get in by the nude beach. It's weird, though, how you just get used to them and the fact that you're naked and their not isn't a big deal. There was a couple of times when we were doing body painting, and I was just standing there as a canvas, that I felt a little odd because the Entertainment people were just sitting there watching my husband paint me. But, overall the staff at Hedo does a great job at keeping things fun and relaxing. I'd rather pay more for the extra details too.
    I like girls, who like girls, who like girls....

That said, you should plan a day trip to the craft market down at the park at the west end of the beach. There are several dozen stalls with a huge variety of stuff at much better prices than you will see at the resort (less than half). Cab is about $10, but walk out to the street to catch it, NOT at the front door of the resort where the price will double (the cabbies have to PAY to sit there). I think they also run a shopping "tour" but one suspects the prices go up for that too.
    Alex & Laura: H2 Dec 4-13 2009
    There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning - Jimmy Buffet

we went there. just had to get out of the resort for a short break. the hard part was pulling shorts on! anyway, the hotel offered a shopping trip with 3 stops for ten dollars each roundtrip. well worth it! the cabbie that took us (4of us) took us to the "best" places. about 2 to 3 hours long. got some GREAT deals on booze etc. took us to 2 seperate small shopping centers and the craft market. its about a 10-15 minute ride each way.

by the way, this is hedo2 or negril i am referring to.

It is amazing how if you ask the craft people you have to buy today as they wont be back tomarrow and then you see them again.... or its their first day and tell your friends to buy from them so they look good for the boss....
    Shell and Dougiestyle.
    need more now! Next trip I'm going to have sex Im going to have it often and more of it.. really I am. Man do I have