Thread: 5/24/08-6/1 Newbies No More!! Trip Report

5/24/08-6/1 Newbies No More!! Trip Report

How do you start a trip report when the memories just come flooding into your mind at the least expected times? Something seemed to be going on all week, 24 hours a day. It is impossible to write what we saw or experienced without writing a book.............hmmmmm....a book. OH>>>that's already been done!

IMO ....read everything on these boards so you can be prepared for what you'll see or experience. My husband and I did lots of reading and were prepared for everything. Yes we also probably saw everything that has been mentioned in all the trip reports.

Since so much has been written and they can only change so much, I felt I'd write more about a few of our stories that stood out, or something I might not have read before.

First of all my husband and I are not swingers, we went with the total understanding that we were committed to each other but with open minds. I'm happy to say we came home more committed to each other, finding out we really had no interest in playing around. I mention this because many times I've read that some newbies are afraid they may not fit in. We never felt uncomfortable with anyone, and everyone seemed to respect our way. We went with open minds (and eyes) and judged no one. This is the only way to go to have fun. We met some of the nicest people we have ever met and some of the craziest, which made the trip worth while! While on three different days someone would get too drunk, and "reach out and touch someone" they usually remembered or were reminded and went around apologizing to everyone the following morning. My advice is, don't sweat the small stuff! People get drunk, do silly stuff, it made it all a part of the experience. We laughed it off and never had hard feeling towards anyone nor should you.

Go with a group if possible. If you want the full "Hedo experience" I think this is important. We found out the Wild Bunch was going to be there the same week. We looked them up, got hooked up for free, and we chatted with the ones going for about a month prior. It was nice to recognize people on the plane and to chat with them before we got there. (This was the last and only time we saw them with street clothes on.)

I truly think being in the Wild Bunch made our trip better than it would have been otherwise. Wild Walt made sure our reservations were good and made sure that we wouldn't be bumped. He sent us free lanyards w/ Wild Bunch name tags. (Which we also attached our room keys to) When we arrived, we went straight to our pool front room; put on our suits...noticed 3 people in quad area....then went over to nude area. We looked at each other and just dropped our suits in our bag and never looked back. (This is an event we began to watch other newbie couples go through with varying degrees of being obvious toward the end of our stay.) When we got into the pool, we had been there maybe 5 minutes when someone from the Wild Bunch saw us and knew we hadn't met the group already there. They grabbed a hold of the lanyard (nicely) and pulled us over to the group for introductions. Next thing we knew was I was getting my first boobie tattoo and my husband was getting his first ass tattoo. What a welcome!! We had instant friends and were a part of a group immediately. It was great to meet so many people we had chatted with for a month or so. The Wild Bunch was great about accepting anyone into their group. You didn't have to be "in the club" to hang out with or have fun with them. We had a fun light show...believe me, you had to be there to appreciate it, and if you were you definitely saw us!! We didn't meet anyone that we didn't like in the group. Couples that we met that had gotten there earlier, said it had been pretty empty and fairly quiet at Hedo. Wild Bunch filled up Hedo to 100% they said and the vibe completely changed. I'll return with Wild Bunch again if my schedule permits! Thank you Wild Bunch and the others we met not in the group (yet) .
    If we had not left the nude side (where we spent entire week) to go out once in a while the entire week would have seemed like one day. We actually did the snorkeling, took out the Hobie Cat (sail boat) three times (really cool), did the zip line (which was also fun) and went with the Wild Bunch on the Cool Running’s Booze (Boob) cruise. (Which was specially organized by Wild Walt for the Wild Bunch, and wild it was!) The on board EC's did a great job on this trip!!

We finally realized this week how Hedo has received some its reputation. It may not always be what you think! Everyday the EC's have an orientation tour I believe twice a day (yea, we missed it) where they take the prudes/or new arrivals on a complete tour. Now imagine this...we're hanging out...literally... in the nude area when a group of newbies show up (fully clothed) just looking at us like we're a part of an exhibit. Kinda weird I'll admit. After a couple of days....and a few drinks everyone began to get silly. When the tour would show up someone would say "tours here" and then a plan was devised. One day it was everyone humping all over the nude side. One day everyone in the hot tub said grab someone beside you. It looked like a full on orgy to anyone walking by. It was the funniest thing we have ever seen! We laughed our asses off. It was all a show, but the look on the prudes was hysterical! The shocked and sometimes scared looks were priceless! Some we never saw again, and some eventually made their way back over to the fun side to realize that wasn't a "normal" situation. ...Also the glass bottom boat tours from other resorts drive by slow on the way to the reef. On their way back the actually go into the cove and idle near the nude pool area hoping to see something from the "wild naked Hedo people". I was shocked that we were part of their tour! While in the pool, or lying down they couldn't see us. After a while they'd even honk a horn on the boat to get our attention. Hedo must be a big selling point to this "glass bottom" boat tour. Once in a while when they'd drive by everyone would get silly and start mooning or faking sex on the railing so they could see. It was all a part of the Hedo fun. No wonder Hedo has such a crazy reputation to those who have never been before!! The EC's would just laugh and shake their heads at everyone.

Normal Days .... During the day the prude side was empty except for 3 people. If you go to Hedo with the expectation of being on the prude side....go to Breezes instead. You'll miss all the fun being by yourself. The Quad had maybe 12 people in it at most until it rained a lot and then there was more room under the sundeck around the bar for people to filter to so some of the nude side would come on over. We only spent one afternoon at the Quad pool. It did pick up during the 3:30 party though. There were too many cameras for us to be comfortable naked in the quad pool for very long. The nude pool had at least 50-60 people on that side each day at all times maybe more. During the day there was an occasional pda to be seen, but not continual. It normally happened at night after the disco when the hot tub would fill up. When it was cooler or rainy the hot tub would fill up elbow to elbow and then you'd see it more during the day. It was no big deal....you'd have 4- 6 couples playing around (sometimes together) on one side and 3 other couples just talking about life on the other side. It was quite interesting to experience.

Good Things:
    The buffet was beautifully decorated and there were always lots of choices so you could find something that you'd like. Blueberry cheesecake was my favorite !! We enjoyed the food and heard others also talking about how good it was. (We did find out later that the regular chef was on vacation?) Pastafari was just ok, the meal we had wasn't as good as I'd heard...maybe just the meal? We were also comparing it to the good buffet and excellent fish and chicken prepared fresh by John at the nude grill.

Lot's of pool float mats available now. Don't bring one from home unless it's shaped like a penis. (Yes, we saw a 4 ft penis only for a few days, but the fun memories will last a lifetime).

The people and the vibe!

A great experience with each other ( the reason for going) we will reminisce about for many years, or at least until our next trip !

Complaints:
    We love the ocean, and knew that the beach at Hedo III was not big at all. It was something we had planned on, but we were disappointed that we could barely get into the water at all. The seaweed was so thick and we were surprised it wasn't cleaned out once in a while. We ended up spending the entire time by the nude pool, as that was where all the fun was happening anyway. (Another reason we took out the Hobie Cats - snorkeling, to enjoy the ocean).

The new construction near the ocean nude area, the workers would sit up on the newly constructed building and watch the whole nude area like it was a sporting event. This will be interesting to see if it's a new house or what is being built there as it will have a clear view of the nude area.

Water in shower was ankle deep by the time the shower was done. Drain needed to be cleaned.

Towels were in short supply, but when it rains and everyone leaves their towels outside to get wet, we can't expect to always have dry towels I guess.

Hot tubs were cleaned very regularly, but the temperature was never the same. One day one tub would be scalding and one day it was almost cold. They "found" a temperature gauge one day and one tub was 108 degrees. If you found the correct person...I believe it was Sasha...she always seemed to take care of things in the proper time. She seemed to be in charge of most people there. When the hot tub was cold a couple of different days I mentioned it to her and asked her to feel it, she did and it was taken care of quickly. Finding the correct person to mention it to was the key.

The phone message light blinked all week in my room (probably still is). I talked to them each day because I had kids at home and needed messages. They were taking care of it on Jamaican time. They did call me and reach me in my room one day with a message from home, so I was happy about that.

Service was hit and miss. The bartenders & cook at the nude pool were great, rooms were clean but at the terrace it was sometimes hard to get a drink. Many times we just walked up to the piano bar and got drinks to bring down from there.

Disco, the first night was so loud I couldn't enter, but that's ok, went to nude tub instead. After that night it wasn't so bad (someone else must have mentioned it to DJ). There were a lot of cameras though. It wasn't too bad with some, but some of the locals or other resort visitors were taking photos and video, I wondered if the nude dancer on the bar had any idea how many photos were taken of her. Would have been nice for camera's to be out of disco by 11:00 or so. Some people can’t afford to have the bosses at work make judgments on behavior while on vacation from a corner office. (They likely wouldn’t get it.) We heard several different people mention to us they were surprised it was allowed with the attire worn at the disco. When we spoke with a manager she advised that it is on the guest to point out those that were abusive or were clearly not there for the fun but just for the pictures. Only at that point would the “film” be review and edited to remove “film” of people that they clearly were not with. We look forward to seeing friends in our shared pictures, but don’t want to feel like trophies to be shared with strangers. In the end we had fun, but watched carefully who had the cameras.

Not too bad for complaints really. You don't go for the "resort" but go for the people. I never met anyone I'd consider a "snob" or anyone who acted like they were better than me. I read once about someone “having a problem with seeing "large people naked”, well then we ask you to please not go to Hedo. We'll have more fun without you there! The only rude person we met was a model who came in with a group of other male models on the last few days. A couple of them hung out on the nude side for a couple of days and had fun with the group. However one in particular was an angry mess and tried to pick fights with someone different in the disco every night. He then couldn't figure out why he couldn't get laid! DUH! Once his name got around to the Hedo group, no one would even look at him. We heard different people even talking about him on the bus back to the airport. We all just rolled our eyes and moved on. Nothing was worth ruining this trip!!

Our bus driver said in Jamaica there are no problems mon, just situations… like if you run out of rum.

Questions I've seen:
    We were offered pot everyday at Hedo. We don't even smoke! If you smoke outside you won't have any trouble. The EC's did run the weed smokers out of the disco and piano bar quickly. Be respectful of others. We had one person that came in the last day with Wild Women that was the most frequent flyer. We'd be in a hammock and it'd lay in one near us smoking....then we'd move to a chair and it'd somehow show up close to us again. I felt like we had a stoned puppy following us around half the day. One time we actually got drinks brought to us out on the pier because of a guy in the Jet Ski kept trying to talk to us, he wanted to sell us something. Hedo staff provided us with great customer service in order to run him off politely. (The only time Hedo staff ever showed up on pier to offer us drinks.)

As stated before, go with a group to get the best Hedo experience. Everyone in Wild Bunch dressed up every night, it was so much fun! No where else could I ever feel comfortable to walk around looking like that!! The costumes added a lot to the adventure and we jumped in head first with costumes for every night. Some dressed up before dinner, some waited until afterwards.

I read where people were embarrassed about saying where they were staying while at the airport or on the bus ride, I actually loved seeing the reaction. The response from the locals was always "Ohhhh...we love Hedo people"....which actually got us better seats on the flight home, as she stated oh...I'll take care of you two!! Others would just look at us like they were surprised we looked like normal people. LOVED IT!!

Sorry it's so long, but it's tough not being able to share such great stories with family and friends at home. They'd think we'd lost our minds. Maybe we did.....we may have left our minds at Hedo 3 .......hmmmm...another good reason to go back again!! One of the best vacations we have had together.

If you have any questions, please ask. I'd be happy to write another novel! lol

Great report! Thanks!

Pixie and Casper

D and V,
    We had a great time hangin' around with you guys. Your a great couple and made our week at Hedo more enjoyable. Vic (Pixie) your quite the energizer bunny and D (Casper) does a great job keepin' up.
    Great report and keep in touch!!
    L and N

Miss you guys !

We had so much fun with you guys too. I finally added your emails yesterday to my list, but with the storms raging through Missouri I haven't been on the computer much.

We were so glad to meet you guys and hope we can get together again someday! It wasn't the same once our "group" went home !

By the way.........went to the pool with kids yesterday........tan lines suck!

Thumbs up

It always fun to read the trip reports of first timers. To hear their experiences, the things they did while there and the people they met. It's great to know that the things we talk about daily area validated by new visitors.

Pixie it was a great trip report, thank you for taking the time to write one.

I jus wan go home mon!
    Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Hi Pixie, great post! Thanks for the advice on going with a group ... I'm a single man and planning on going to H3 for my first time this summer ... are there any groups you know of that allow single men to join? Thank you!!

Thumbs up

Jack,

Though I am sure there are some that do, most do not. If you go to www.hedonism.com, they list groups that are coming to Hedo 3 and most post info in regards to what their groups are about. Chris has a calendar here and a travel groups spot as well that lists the groups going and you can also check www.dennyp.com he also has a calendar that lists the groups. You can check our T/A's site at www.castawaystravel.com they also have a groups page and is very informative. If you are not doing anything 8/2 to 8/9, our group will be at Hedo 3 and we have 1 single gal, one single guy and 35 couples booked already.

I jus wan go home mon!
    Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016