Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swingtown

Ok might as well chime in...I like the show. Find it funny and like JA said I LOVE THE MUSIC. Hopefully they will continue with the show and maybe ti will shake up things to get the ratings up.

Ok, there is my Siskel and Ebert moment. Now back to the beer
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2

Allikat and I love this show. Although we were not even born until '78, we totally understand the range of feelings and emotions that each character brings. It is a good watch for the summer and we are excited to see what is going to happen to Janet. As Allikat says, "she just needs a good, hard fucking"
    Looking to hopefully go back in 2010!

http://www.kittennangel.com/index.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sortsa View Post
    It is a good watch for the summer and we are excited to see what is going to happen to Janet. As Allikat says, "she just needs a good, hard fucking"

Don't we all

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

I think they do a pretty good job portraying the emotions and ups and down's of a new couple exploring the swinging world, for the 45 mins they have to do a show in.
    Paul....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

I agree, good show on what can be a difficult topic. The `70's theme makes it easier I guess. The clothes, hair and decor is great! I can't believe we actually had cords on the phones!!!How did any work get done??
    Chris and Sarah
    HII - `97, `99, `08
    currently planning 4th trip to paradise!

I just watched all the episodes online over the weekend and am loving it! Poor Janet really does need it bad. I had to laugh at all her tupperware - the same stuff my mom had in the 70's and still uses.

wonder if...

they'll ever have time to get into any character development.

Janet reminds me of a very dear friend who was raised in a very strict Catholic household, child of an alcoholic father, where you were given love based upon how you could win over your parents.

sex was only for procreation, her mother offered her "the talk" the night before her wedding, and the running gift among the girls was a large box of tissues.

after listening to my club stories for the last 3 years, she finally decided to come with me in March...and loved it.

Maybe Janet has some skeletons in her closet that she's trying to live up to.

I hope they continue more than 7 episodes!!!

Now that Swingtown is over, has anyone heard if it will be coming back? We really enjoyed to show, and it was just starting to get really interesting if you know what I mean! I hope they bring it back next year. I can't wait to see what happens with Susan and Roger!

I really enjoyed this show & hope CBS renews or they find a home on cable for it. The characters were interesting & the whole 70s thing was a neat flashback.

I found this website which has info links as well as links on how to contact CBS ....

http://www.saveswingtown.com/

Liz
    Liz & Chris

To CBS's fault, it was really not promoted as it should have been. I found all of the episodes on "On Demand" by Comcast Cable, and got to watch the ones I missed then. I also missed Friday's finale, but got to watch the full episode on CBS.com. For those of you that haven't seen any episodes check it out!

I really enjoyed this show and really hope they don't get rid of it. I think CBS was too afraid to back up this program for fear it wouldn't be accepted by the viewers.

I for one loved it!

Sweetheart 27 (almost 28)

November 3-9th 2007 - 1st Trip - H3
    June 18-22nd 2008 - Starfish Trelawny
    June 3-7th - H3

Good show

When swingtown started I did not watch the premire and did not intent to watch the show. The posts on this board caused me to check out first 2 episodes I missed on cbs.com. After that I set the dvr and enjoyed the entire season. The show has a sexual / lifestlys backdrop, but it is really about relationships on different levels. I hope that network execs who may have been a little scared to really push the show will have a change of heart now that it's obvious that it's not as "bad" as some people may have thought.
    W&F of North Carolina
    Hedo 3 New Years 2006-2007
    Hedo 3 10-27-08 thru 11-3-08
    Hedo 2 - Virgin Trip 12-28-09 thru 1-3-10

Found this website to petition to keep the show.....

http://www.youchoose.net/referral/m_...gtown_petition

For anyone who missed the show & has Bravo, they are showing all the episodes back to back on October 25th.

Liz & Chris

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

i loved this show and they've pulled the videos from cbs.com

I liked it too...plus I missed part of the very first one, so I can't wait to see it again!
    Liz & Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12