Thread: Airport to H3 transportation

Airport to H3 transportation

How long is the trip from airport to the resort , and is there any other means of travel like Tim Air,this is our first trip to H 3 been to H 2 several times and we always use Tim Air to get from the airport to the resort but if its not that long of a bus ride we wont bother with it . Thanks for any info on this we will be staying there first week in Aug.

One hour these days. Plus 10 mins for a beer/pee etc

The road construction is virtually finished so the trip is really quick now...Tim Air will fly you to Ocho Rios and then a 1/2 hour cab ride to the resort...Relax, have a beer and take the bus and let the party start....
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Bus ride

If you get an all Hedo3 bus, some cool drivers will say. "OK, Hedo people, anything goes!" Off go the pants, lets get it started!

The chopper ride is 15 min, but it takes 30 to get to the chopper and get the logistics arranged to life off. Cost of chopper ride to Hedo III is $1200.

So saving 15 or 25 min is not worth it. We ride helicopters all the time, and the money is just not worth it. In the old days with the bad bad roads, it was almost worth it. Note that the beer stop and fellowship along the way in the bus or van is priceless. Sometimes a van driver will give you a tour commentary along the way, too.

Take the land travel
    Many people are alive today only because its illegal to shoot them.

See u all at Hedonism II June 18 - 25, 2011

The only problem seems to be when you catch the "local" that stops at Starfish, Braco and Breezes. Add the "pee/beer" stop and you're way up there in time. Sometimes people take an exceptionally long time "shopping" at the rest stop and so everyone else on the bus has to wait until they re-board. On a recent return trip the bus took a full 2 hours to get to the airport, and that was on a Sunday with no traffic. The resort figures two hours for the bus when they schedule your return.

The only problem seems to be when you catch the "local" that stops at Starfish, Braco and Breezes. Add the "pee/beer" stop and you're way up there in time. Sometimes people take an exceptionally long time "shopping" at the rest stop and so everyone else on the bus has to wait until they re-board. On a recent return trip the bus took a full 2 hours to get to the airport, and that was on a Sunday with no traffic. The resort figures two hours for the bus when they schedule your return.

Sunset Bill is correct.....I have never made it to H3 in an hour on the bus! It's always around 2 hrs, give or take a few minutes either way.

we were 1 1/2 hours last Jan. At the pee/beer stop everybody just wanted to get going so we all got off, did our pee, got a beer and lined up at the bus door pronto...less than 10 min. Included a stop at Braco to let one "releived" couple off and the other 3 hedonite couples continued to party...lol
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

you are on vacation.... mellow out. Can't we all just get along? Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood a beautiful day in the neighborhood.... won't you be mine?

Maybe you should bring that electronic fart thing and piss everyone off in the bus, or tell everyone that you ate something bad and your butt is gonna blow at any minute, or ruin the vanila tourists good time by talking about having unnatural sex at hedo, and blah blah blah. Just enjoy the ride, mon.

Or better yet, get REALLY drunk and barf in the bus. I bet you will get there fast...

or maybe not

Travel with us the next time
    Many people are alive today only because its illegal to shoot them.

See u all at Hedonism II June 18 - 25, 2011

So I can't tell if people are responding concerning the trip from MBJ to Hedo or from Hedo to MBJ. Last time we were at Hedo 3, we rather enjoyed the stop on the way to Hedo... it's nice to get an ice cold Red Stripe and to have the local who walks up to you and asks "ya a'right brotha?" At first I blew it off with a "we're doing good... how 'bout you?" but our driver, James, was kind enough to point out that the guy didn't really care whether we were alright, but rather whether or not we had already purchased our weed fix for the trip. At first I was a bit skeptical; but after I took a picture of the open-air plant that we parked in front of (yes, growing alongside the road), I loosened up a bit. After all, we were in Jamaica!

So I would say that the stop going to Hedo is ok... the stop leaving can be irritating after you have left funville to return to reality and your people want to take a 30 minute break when you have to make a flight! Pee and roll, people... pee and roll!!!
    Hedo III, 3rd time around... July 4-9, 2010.

2nd... July 4-11, 2008
    1st... July 5-8, 2007

Make not ... then have a and make again!