Thread: General Questions from a Newbie - Who did some research

General Questions from a Newbie - Who did some research

Greetings, and please excuse my intro before the questions.

I am currently planning a trip somewhere in early- to mid-August (though depending on work I might make it sooner *lol*), and a friend recommended Hedo 3.

Being a long-time forum junkie (and occasional noob), I looked for a FAQ, but didn't see one - so I used that oh-so-often forgotten "Search" functionality and looked up my biggest question - "Is this an appropriate resort for single men?". Imagine my lack of surprise when I found that this question had been answered over and over and over... well, you get the idea.

From this, I got the impression that two things are of utmost importance as a single man (or anyone, for that matter):

• Respect
    • No Expectations

Well, that made me much less nervous right there, because I was raised to be respectful of others (a trait all too lacking nowadays), and I rarely have any expectations of anyone other than myself.

Mainly, my vacation will be about relaxing, getting away from technology (I'm in IT), and maybe - maybe - getting a start on a novel (I'm also a writer - in case this post's length didn't give that away). The *ahem* amenities at Hedo 3 are just the icing on the cake, so to speak.

On to my questions:
    1. I've read in several reviews that the facility is not the greatest, and that service quality has gone down. Is this still the case?
    2. When is a good time of year to go (for weather)?
    3. Is the noise level in the resort as high as I've read? I only ask cause I like to sleep in while on vacation...

Now that I've bored you all to tears, I'd like to thank you for all the great info you've got on your site - most of my questions were answered with some very basic searching.

Perhaps I'll even meet one or two of you if I decide to make the trip!

P.S. - This is one of the reviews that really helped me out in finding out basic info. Very well written.
    Last edited by praetorian75; 05-15-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Added link to good review.

#1 I have been to Hedo 3 twice, once last May, and for NYE this year, I am also going back July this year. The facility was great in my opinion. I always stay in a pool front room around the Quad area and our room was beautiful both times. Of course the room is kind of "moist" which was atttributed to humidity (I believe, something to do with the weather) We also do 3 ladies to a room and we had a problem with one of the beds, it was really lumpy and thin, but they came and gave us a new bed, NO PROBLEM! Everything else was fine! Everything was working fine, in the rooms, restaurants, pool, jacuzzi, etc. so I didn't see anything wrong with the facilities!
    #2 We went last year on the first week of Hurricane season. There were no hurricanes, however it rain damn near everyday! But luckily in Jamaica, that DID NOT STOP ANYTHING!!! Normally the showers were in the morning or mid afternoon, I don't really remember any evening showers. So I guess if you are look for absolute sunshine you shouldn't go in summer time, but after hurricane season (hurricane season is the summer time)... We had an EXCELLENT time during NYE. We were there from 12/28-01/04! The noise level and amount of things going on will depend on whose there when you are there, check and see if there are any groups going during the time you are considering going!
    #3Most people are in and round the pool afternoon/evening, we don't sleep much on our trips, we are usually up doing excursions or eating breakfast, so I don't really know what the noise level is, but we have never been awaken but any unusally loud noise thats loud enough to wake us up. But, again, we didn't really sleep that late anyway, no later than 10am, but most of the time we were up before then! If you trying to sleep later than 10am, I wouldn't be able to help you!
    Hope all that helps! I, like you, are a little long-winded!!!!
    "I'M the (wo)man 'round here CAPICHE?!?!"

In a Caribbean state of mind.... Engaged in Chocolate Fantasies July 08'...

TheIsh, thanks for the info. I usually don't sleep past 9 - since I normally get up for work at 630. Although, depending on how much fun I've had the night before, my trip could be very different.

I'm glad to see the quality / service level is good; that was my biggest concern. I don't need a 5-star resort - I'm not that picky. At the same time I don't want to have to hunt people down if I have a problem or argue with them to get it fixed.

Blog Entries
    1.) Since 2006 we have seen the resort getting better and better. Every trip has seen the resort make improvements. There have always been one or two things that were broken, needed paint, refreshing, etc... But they were always done by the time we took our next trip. The place takes a lot of wear and tear with a 24/7 party and being right on the ocean. They are constantly repairing it and cleaning it up. I can't imagine my local Hilton being able to maintain as good of service or quality if they were always packed full of people partying all day and night.

2.) We have done 2 Mach trips and 2 July/August trips. We far prefer the late summer. It it too cool in March, we like the heat .

3.) We think it is too loud in the Quad for sleep. Never had a nude pool room. We like to have a prude side room for sleeping - plenty quiet over there morning, day, and night.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Blog Entries
    Returned from our first trip on May 5th. The room was in great shape. It did take us a couple of days to figure out the remote for the AC's battery was dead. When we reported it it was fixed promptly. Stayed on the nude oceanside. You could here the music and laughter if your windows were open, otherwise very quiet. But all that aside, the people were what makes the place. Staff and quests were the nicest, friendliest people. A geat vacation.