Thread: A First-Timer's Perspective - Hedo Amigos!

A First-Timer's Perspective - Hedo Amigos!

Hedo III Trip Report

Background:
    I am a 31 year old woman, and traveled with my boyfriend, V. This was our first trip to Hedo III, and my first trip to Jamaica. We are from the Northeast.

Although I am not bi, or bi-curious, we booked with First Travel, Beth and Robert, with Wild Women Vacations. We liked that Beth would be there the entire time if any problems were to arise. We had read many threads about Hedo bumping people, and had a sense of security knowing Beth would be there. As a travel agency, they were great, and we would use them again.

Travel:
    Some people don’t care to read the travel portion of a trip report, so if this applies to you, go ahead and fast forward to the next section. I personally liked reading peoples’ travel reports, as it is just one more thing that helped me prepare for my trip.

Our taxi arrived to our house 15 minutes early, putting me in a bit of a frenzy. We made it to the airport in plenty of time, and were able to check in immediately. We double-checked our luggage tags to make sure they were indeed headed to Jamaica and off we went. We had no problems with security, and the flight even left a few minutes early. We landed in Charlotte, NC ahead of schedule. Things were just going way too smoothly. We landed in the “B” terminal, and our connecting flight was to leave from the “D” terminal, so we started to make our way to the other side of the airport (which isn’t really all that large). As we passed a bank of TVs, we decided to stop and double check that the information on our ticket was accurate. “D6, Montego Bay, 11:30am, NOW 3:25 pm”. GRRR. A four hour delay. I immediately contacted Robert from First Travel to let him know of the delay, and he assured us that someone would be at the SuperClubs lounge waiting for us when we arrived, and that our room would still be available. After asking some US Airways employees what the problem was, and after receiving more than one different answer, we just decided to hit the bar and wait it out. In the end, I knew the Charlotte airport by heart; however, I would prefer not to go there again. Even though we did board the aircraft at about 3:30 pm, we didn’t actually get into the air until 4:30 pm. The flight itself was uneventful, and we landed in Jamaica just shy of 7:00 pm. The entire plane burst into applause when the wheels hit the ground. We were there! Unfortunately, (will it ever end?), there was no one who knew how to open the airplane door from the outside, so we all sat on the plane for an additional 30 minutes until someone could let us out. It was a nightmare. We were originally supposed to land in MoBay at 1:31 pm.

Customs was nothing major, and we were through in about 20-30 minutes. I blushed profusely when I was asked where I was headed, but the agent didn’t seem to bat an eye. We made our way to the SuperClubs lounge, checked in and were given a bottle of water. While we waited and filled out our paperwork, we played the “Are they or aren’t they?” game, and we had a pretty good laugh when we got on the bus and learned who was going where. I don’t think we got any right. We only waited about 15 minutes and we were off. Because the majority of us were on that nasty flight from Charlotte, we just wanted to get where we were going, so no pit stop along the way. It was pretty late by the time we got to the resort.

Do you ever have one of those days where you just want to bend over so it would be easier for the world to kick you in the ass? This was one of those days. I was first to check in and we were told that our room choice, pool front at the quad, was completely sold out and that we’d be put in a different room. Not ever having been to the resort before, I was extremely upset (a big thanks to my Hedo Amigos, particularly D&B for being there and giving me a Vodka Ting and a hug, which I desperately needed). We were taken to our room, which ended up being at the Garden View Nude (500) building, on the third floor. It was dark when we arrived, so I couldn’t really see much out our window. We decided to keep everything in the suitcases, and check back in the morning to see if we could get the room we wanted. Long story short (too late!), after checking back at 7 am the next morning, we were told that there were 8 other couples in front us of that were promised and waiting for a pool front room, and only 4 rooms would be opening up that day, and to try back again tomorrow. Um, no thanks. I’m not living out of a suitcase for half of my trip on the off chance that a room may or may not ever open up. And, after seeing the view from our third floor window – nude beach, ocean, and 2 swinging beds – we decided to stay where we were. Out of our group of about 40 people, I only talked to one couple that didn’t have some kind of travel or room issue on arrival.

Impressions of the resort:
    I’m not going to do a play-by-play of each day; they really do all blend together. Our routine was as follows: wake up, drop off stuff at the nude pool, go eat breakfast, sit at nude pool all morning, grab a bite to eat for lunch at either the buffet, the Scotch Bonnet, or the nude grill, sit at the nude pool all afternoon, head up for a late afternoon nap (or other bedroom activity), shower and dress for dinner, eat dinner, change clothes into theme night outfits, meet friends at the main bar, head up to the disco, grab a quick bite at the late night buffet, change into nothing, head to the nude hot tub, go to bed. I’m not exaggerating when I say we did that every single day. We didn’t do any outside excursions, we never used the quad pool, and we never went to the prude beach (except for the “photo shoot”).

Restaurants: We thought the food was pretty decent. Many people have said this, and I think if you follow this, you’ll be fine - Don’t go expecting 5 star restaurants. You will not starve at this place. Food highlights for me were anything John at the nude pool made (that man is an angel), everything I ate at the Scotch Bonnet, and Pastafari. You can’t beat the view at the Scotch Bonnet, and the girls there were always happy to see V. There were always a ton of choices at the buffet, and it was always pretty good. I could’ve eaten the French toast morning, noon and night. Yummy! I thought Munasan was only ok – not bad, just not great. The service at all the restaurants was typically very good. We never waited ages for any service at any restaurant. My only gripe – spoons were hard to come by in the main dining hall. If that’s all I had to complain about, then that’s not so bad. I also brought my own hazelnut coffee creamer from home, which was great.

Rooms: Our room was third floor in the 500 building, garden-view nude. We really ended up liking this location. If we go back, we will probably try to get this building again. We had a rock painted and put it underneath our building. I thought I’d hate the stairs, but I ate more than I do at home during the week, so was actually grateful for the stairs in the end. The room was what I expected. It was clean, there were plenty of drawers and closet space to unpack and not feel crowded. The bathroom was fairly large, and the counter space was pretty decent for all my appliances and beauty gear. I thought the step from the tub back out to the floor was a bit steep, and I did fear falling every time, even though I never did. We expected the worst with the shower, but never seemed to have any problems with hot water or decent water pressure. I was at first very shy with the window, and used the shades, but by day 3 or so, I was showering with the window open and waving to passersby! The CD player was a nice touch, and we used it every day (I left all 5 CDs with the ECs at the end of the week). We used the coffee pot when we were actually given coffee (seemed as scarce as the towels). The mirrors above the bed and tub only made us giggle, because they are “fun house” mirrors – one way I looked really fat, one way I looked really short, one way I looked like I had no neck, etc. It was more comical to us than sexy, but still a nice touch. Our bathroom did seem to have a bit of an ant problem, but they stayed in the bathroom and were never really a nuisance. Our air worked too well, and we ended up keeping it on only very little to get some of the humidity out of the room. It was like an icebox when it was on. Really, I had no complaints about the room, with the exception of the housekeeper. I elaborate a little more in “tips”.

Pools/Hot Tubs: We only spent time at the nude pool and hot tubs, so I can’t really speak to the prude pool (which I literally saw one person in all week, and then found out he was an employee) and the quad pool (which from what I only heard was used quite a bit). Socially, I thought the nude pool was the place to be. I thought the nude pool was a bit cold, but I’m also a wimp. The hot tub was always warm, sometimes a tad too warm. The nude hot tub was THE place to be every night. At times, yes, it was too full, and we ended up leaving. A couple of nights, there were issues with single guys, and again, we left. To us, it was no big deal, as it was late anyway. The nude hot tub was definitely where the action was at night, but I kind of felt most of it was more of a show than two (or more!) people actually enjoying each other. One foursome moved from one side of the pool to the bar (eww) so that more people could see them. The gene pool, oops, I mean the hot tub, was drained every morning, cleaned and refilled, so I never felt icky going in the hot tub. The nude beach was beautiful. I can’t believe that people complained about the beach in reviews. It’s quiet, it’s serene, the water is warm, and there were always chairs available. Both the nude pool and the beach always had plenty of floats, although chairs by the pool were a hot commodity by about 10 am.

Resort itself: We were actually pleasantly surprised that the resort was far better than we thought it would be. I’ve done a fair amount of traveling, and try not to take every review at face value, but we had read quite a few reviews that said the resort was in shambles; dirty and unkempt. We had truly prepared ourselves for the worst. This was not the case at all! We thought the resort was beautifully maintained, and every single day we saw employees raking, painting, cleaning, etc. I thought for the age and the Caribbean location of the resort, it would be worse for the wear, but it wasn’t at all. People asked us a couple of days in what we thought, and our reply was, “It’s way better than we thought it would be!” Go with an open mind, and I’m certain that you, too, will be happy with the accommodations.

Hedo Amigos:
    In this aspect, the reviews were right – the people make this resort the best! The group we had hooked up with was the Hedo Amigos, who were back for their second trip. We had weekly chats, and were able to email the entire group with a quick click of the send button, and were able to really get to know each other before going. We planned our theme nights, excursions, and gave ideas and suggestions to each other for months before going. As a newbie, too, this was invaluable. I was able to ask any question, regardless of how ridiculous it sounded to me, and get an answer almost immediately. Everyone was so helpful prior to going. When our bus pulled up, I had a group of Amigos running and screaming through the lobby to welcome us. It just doesn’t get any better than that! We met some amazing people, and I’ve never laughed so much in my entire life. These people were amazing! We even had temporary tattoos (thanks again for the application help, D!) and by a few days in, the entire resort knew who we all were.

For me, the best part of this group (especially for being a newbie) was that this was a group that’s main priority was having fun, not swapping partners. V and I went with the sole purpose of enjoying only each other, and were a little nervous about being approached for more than we were interested in. Never once did I feel that from our group. Everyone’s wishes were respected, and I absolutely loved that. And of course, it wasn’t just the group that respected that, we got that feel from pretty much everyone at the resort. It was just wonderful to go to breakfast, lunch or dinner, and to hear someone yell from across the room, “A & V, over here!” We were never without someone to hang out with, and we truly did meet some lifelong friends. Leaving was sad – when B&D came down to see us off, we both burst into tears! How many vacations have you been on where that’s been the case? Our goodbye was amazing – we weren’t expecting anything since our bus left at 7 am, but we had a nice crowd down giving us the ol’ Hedo see-ya from the fountain. It was priceless. We heard through the grapevine that some guests were disappointed after our group had left because we were always having such a good time. And I’m thrilled to know that we’re going back again next year as a group!

Special Hedo Amigo shout out section: J&J, for putting this group together. I just loved hanging out with you guys. I loved J’s stories – I guess you really acquire them after being there 7 times! B&D, my sista from anotha mista! We have truly known each other in a different life. A most amazing friend! And you can beer bong with the best of them! I can’t wait to vacation with you two again. My bestest Amigo friends. D&J, the two people I would never picture going to a place like Hedo, but the two that probably had the most fun. Your polka-dot outfit is still making my head spin! You’re awesome. C&E, the two that made the absolute most out of their vacation. Had you not said you were fellow newbies, I would have never guessed you were. I can’t thank C enough for the beautiful and amazing pictures you took of me. Stunning! K&R, I wish you would have stayed longer, but we really enjoyed the time we spent with you guys. R’s smile and laugh were contagious and you couldn’t help but laugh with him when he was around. C&E, always fun to meet fellow Nor’easters! I hope that we can all meet up soon for dinner and share pictures (because who else can I show them to?). D&S, I really enjoyed our conversations at the hot tub. I really enjoyed your company, and wish we had spent more time with you guys. G&T, you’re hot. ‘Nuff said. B&D (CA), you two are so freakin’ cute, I can’t stand it. Thanks for bringing the 6’ blow up wiener. Make sure he comes again next year! Oh, and to Whitney, you’re a tramp! I hope your hemorrhoid cleared up. LOL! I’m sure that I’ve missed people, but every single Amigo that I met helped to make our vacation as wonderful as it was, and I can’t thank you all enough for being so fun. We can’t wait to go again next year with everyone.

Travel Home:
    I should just leave this section blank, because in a cruel twist of fate, we had zero issues getting home. As a matter of fact, we arrived home 30 minutes ahead of schedule. Of course we did.

Tips and Personal Impressions:
    • Bring an insulated mug! We each brought a 32 oz Bubba Mug that were used all day, every day. And even though I didn’t really drink, it was great for water and soda, too. There was never a shortage (that we saw) of liquor or beer, and we saw many premium liquors behind the bar.
    • Find a Yahoo Group or some way to meet other people before you go. Had we not done that, we would not have had nearly as much fun as we did. We saved a ton of time getting the “What’s your name”s and “Where you from”s out of the way before going.
    • Find out what other groups are scheduled to go at the same time and find out what their story is. Groups can change the dynamic of the resort, and it’s best to be prepared for what you may encounter.
    • Dress up for theme nights! Between the costumes and friends we had there, I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard in my entire life. We found the percentage of people dressed for theme nights to be very high, unlike other reviews.
    • I know space in the suitcase in valuable, but bring a couple of beach towels. There were NEVER any towels at the pools. And I mean never.
    • Apparently tipping your housekeeper gets you better service, which I was disappointed to learn partway through the week. We routinely didn’t get all the towels we should have, and didn’t get ANY service on the day before we left. Friends of ours in the same building never had that problem, but tipped the first day. Boo.
    • Say hello to John at the nude grill. He and Andy (Water Sports) were my favorite employees. John is the nicest person I’ve ever met, and is wicked proud of his country. He also makes killer nachos and crab salad. I wanted to put John in my suitcase and take him home.  Thanks to Hedo management who put him back at the nude grill. Smart choice. I just wanted to pinch Andy’s cheeks, he was so sweet.
    • I thought the woman who handled the restaurant reservations was a snot. I wasn’t the only one who thought that either. She needs a serious attitude adjustment. She and our housekeeper were the only employees that we had an issue with.
    • Togas are not delivered to your room, as I thought they were. By the time we realized that, there were no togas left at all. Thankfully, V made do with a shirt he had, and thanks to D for giving me the amazing candy pasties and to T for giving me her extra skirt, I was able to look fierce.
    • Make use of the outdoors. We found a quiet place on the pier between dinner and the disco and very much enjoyed ourselves.
    • I do want to go on a bit of a tangent about what our group affectionately coined “Creepy Guy #1”… and #2, and #3 and Vinnie #1. The place was crawling with them. I’m putting on my fire retardant suit because I’m sure I’ll get flamed for this, but I just don’t get why single guys go to Hedo. Although, Creepy Guy #1 was there with his wife, so I guess it’s not strictly limited to single guys. He would leave the prude beach occasionally to come and fill up his “spank bank” by strolling through the nude pool, clothed, of course, and would come flying off his prude beach chair like his ass was on fire while we would do our Naked Waterslide Runs, and just stand at the bottom of the slide and stare. He gave everyone, including the guys in our group, the heebie jeebies. Creepy Guy #2 was behaving inappropriately with himself at the quad pool around some of the women in our group. I believe he was reported to the staff. Creepy Guy #3 was lurking in the bushes on multiple occasions while couples were using the swinging beds near our room. Vinnie #1 was your typical Vinnie. There with his Vinnie friends, always all over the women. He never spent any time at the nude pool during the day, but you could be certain that he would be at the hot tub at night, alone, but physically close to everyone there. I just don’t understand the allure of going to this place as a single male. I just don’t. They are pretty much automatically assumed to be creepy, which is unfortunate but true. Single guys have to work 10 times harder than anyone to make people think otherwise. I speak for myself when I say this; I just didn’t see or meet one single guy there that didn’t give me the willies.
    • This place can be what you make it. If you think it’s going to suck, don’t be surprised if it does. Don’t not go because you think that everyone is swapping partners or that you think it’s a 24 hour orgy. I’m sure if you want that, you can find it, but I didn’t get that feel at all. Go with an idea of how you want your vacation to be, and open mind, and make it happen! We will be back!

great trip report!!
    When I die please bury me at a Hedonism Resort
    9 times at Hedo II, once to Hedo III.

Great Trip Report! Glad to hear your first time was fantastic!!

I have had very similar issues getting to Montego Bay (via Miami or Charlotte)--it's just so nice when you finally arrive!!

Le Ann

Travel

The room thing just sucks, are you kidding, 8 in front of you were promised a known 4 possible openings . I appreciate the heads up so when we arrive we are in the correct "gear" for the possibility. Adapt and overcome.

I'm glad you think the place is nice looking, the photos show it as being nice in my opinion. I'm now looking forward to seeing the nude beach I've heard so little about.

Thanks for taking the time to post, nice read.

Awesome trip report!!

Glad to see you had the attitude we did and enjoyed your trip.

Just a side note, we didn't have enough towels in our room and just called the front desk and they were delivered within the hour. Same with an extra pillow.

We love John too (Check out our trip report) and agree with you on Christine.

Thanks again for coming back and giving us a trip report!
    Celebrating 10 Years of Spring Fling Fun at Hedo in 2018!

Virgin Trip Hedo III 4/10-17/2008
    New Years Eve, Dec.26 to Jan 3, 2009 Bare Bottom Bunch
    Fred's 60th Birthday Celebration 07/16-21/2009
    Co-Host of kitten & angel's Spring Fling April 2009 - 2017
    Co-Host of kitten & angel's Spring Fling 04/07 ~ 04/14/2018

kitten & angel's 10th Anniversary Spring Fling 2018 - April 07~14
    http://www.kittennangel.com/

You can rest easy knowing the 6 foot penis is safely stored until next year. Just hoping Whitney is fully recovered by then. She looked permanately damaged for life!!!!

I need a

~Bill

Great trip report sweetie...Jen and I were glad to meet you and V and hang out. We did have a great time!! Still working on my trip report...I am up to Tuesday, I better finish it soon before I forget too much! Hope to see you two next year!!!!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

I loved the Trip Report. I am now really concerned about my poolfront rooms next week. I really hope I don't get bumped.
    Thinking of going back on June 12th-15th.....2nd Time.

Blog Entries
    Nice report. But on a side note, we met several nice single guys who were not creepy. They went to just have fun and hang out. We also met several nice single women, same thing, not creepy at all. None were staring or trying to get too close, just having fun and partying. They all seemed to have a good time. Two single guys and two single girls still keep in contact with us. They were all very respectful and fun to hang out with. Thanks for the trip report!!!

hello i just signes up when is every one going to hedo 3 in late fall ?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by law View Post
    hello i just signes up when is every one going to hedo 3 in late fall ?
    Check the Hedo 3 groups page for groups that go when you are thinking of going..

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

A&V- thanks for the report- well written and I enjoyed reading your perspective. Glad you had a good time with the Amigos- from what we have heard they are a great group- 67 more days for us!
    Cheers.
    Nick (and the lovely Kitty)
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Thanks for the info, we are newbies going to Hedo III at the end of July.