Thread: For Newbies, By Newbies April 20-26 2008

For Newbies, By Newbies April 20-26 2008

Ok first keep doing what you are doing and read as much as you can on Hedonism. We used Biff's Bunch's web site, Denny P.'s web site as well as this one for any helpful hints and information we could find. We found a lot of things we had read very useful once we got there. Also Make sure you get in contact with as many people here on the trip calendar for the days you will be there. Even If you will only be there 1 day same as them you should try to get to meet them. We wish we would have done that. But thanks to ChrisH he did exactly that and we were able to meet great people through him and his wife. Next time we will get in touch with them all a head of time.

Make sure you use the information on Biff's Bunch for your main packing list of clothes, first aid and other things that you would not know to bring unless you have been before. I want to stress and over stress the need for you to pack oversized insulated mugs. We had a 52 oz we used for ice water and a 32 oz we used for the mixed drinks. Next time we will add another 32 oz for both of us. Also another must is the water shoes!! This are needed on both nude and prude beaches. The urchins are well hidden in the sea grass and hurt like hell. There are little rays that hide in the sandy patches as well. Both of these make for great snorkling but are hard on the feet. Next make sure you bring your own materials for your togas. The resort did not leave any sheets for most of the guests. We stopped by a hobby shop at home and picked out some fabrics with cool patterns for our togas. For PJ night bring a couple of outfits so you can pick the one for your mood that night, we are glad we did. The night light was a big help too. I hate to repeat what has been said before but after you pack your clothes, go ahead and lose half. I promise you, you will still have over packed after you lose half.

We took the bus to and from H2. It only took 1 1/2 hours with the bathroom stop to the resort. This is where you can get a red stripe or over-proof and coke for us. The trip to the airport from H2 was even faster just under an hour with no stops. For the money you would spend on the air taxi just use it for another night at Hedo.

Flight went fine and check in was ok. We got there at 1:30 and they gave us our room with in minutes. We went to the room but it was not cleaned yet from the last guests. So we went and got some thing to eat at the prude beach grill. Great jerk chicken and rice. So after we ate and had a few drinks we went back to our room, still was not ready. We forgot check in is at 3 o-clock but no big deal they just moved us to another room that was ready. We got to that room and found the a/c was just enough to make it not hot. We tried to get the other room back cause that a/c worked like a champ. But no dice. Luckily for us the room did have a fan that helped out a lot. Also if you get a room with a weak a/c make sure you keep the bathroom door shut. This will help cool it down and keep the humidity out as well. The one other major problem with the room was no cold water. That's right, no cold water. Just hot as hell water. We talked to many other guests about the rooms and seems as all rooms had one or two inconveniences. Just luck of the draw on what room was worse. But, we're not really there for the rooms anyway--we spent most of our time out on the beach, in the pool, etc. We were able to make due and were not terribly uncomfortable. We stayed prude garden side by request. Next time I will get prude ocean view. The nude side rooms have a lot more guests in them and always had people out most of the night. The prude was over half empty and a lot quieter.

Getting late here so I will finish another time. Hope this helps some for the newbies.
    Hedo II April 20-26 2008! And October 11-18 2008

Best Trip/Birthdays Ever,Newbies April 19-26

I plan on writing more later as I need to get to work, I still think I'm on vacation. Everything ChrisH and D&K said was right on. We had the best time ever with ChrisH, his beautiful wife and D&K. We can't leave out Rick and Joyce, they were so helpful in showing we newbies around the resort and hanging out with us also. For us the people we met were absolutely wonderful and we plan on keeping in touch with all of them.
    Natureboy & ChickyP

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    Hi D&K , glad your trip went well, we will be there in 10 days. We were part of a wild string on here before you left about the smoking issue, how did that workout? J&T

Quote Originally Posted by cnjcpl4whatever View Post
    Hi D&K , glad your trip went well, we will be there in 10 days. We were part of a wild string on here before you left about the smoking issue, how did that workout? J&T
    No worries there. With in 5 minutes of being in the hedo resort everything you could want was there. From weed to coke and everything in between. Just stay with the resort employees for stuff like that. It is not in your face but they do ask if you need anything. This is where you can tell them what you are looking for. Also ask for a taste first, the good ones always let you try it first. One last thing always get them down on the money. They try to charge state side prices. Go for half of what they are asking and go from there.

Ok back again.

The food was great everywhere around the resort. They use real foods there. None of the process fake crap like here in the states. I know you have read about the omelets. I thought how good can they get. Holly crap! Best in the world! So go get one!! Pastafaria was awesome as well. We ate there one night and had the tenderloin and the lamb. Both were excellent. Would of ate there more but just could not commit to a reservation. We were having to much fun doing nothing! There was always food somewhere. Even from 2 in the morning to 6 in the morning you could get a sandwich and some killer banana bread (another must have).

Eating all the great food was how I found my hedo body! Explain that next, got to go back to work to earn money for trip 2.

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    Thanks for all the info, we are now down to 9 days and I am pulling my hair out lol. I already have a ganga connection down there from a friend that goes, to be honest all I would really want is the ganga and a cpl of Jenny cakes. We will have a trip report when we get back. J&T

Ok, I saw that some people were asking what is or does the average hedo body look like. Well after eating and drinking all day for 6 days I found my hedo body. This is no exaggeration, I measured my waist before and after and weighed my self as well before and after the trip to hedo. I kid you not I added 2" to my waist and almost 18 pounds to my weight in 6 glorious days of over indulging in all the food and drinks hedo had to offer, and it was f'n great to do so. So for the people who might hold back on the second round of food from the buffet, DO NOT DO IT!! Get all you want, cause you will get home and think back on the food and drinks and wish you would have gone for another plate. Drink one more hummingbird (this drink is better than the dirty banana, I promise). For this exact reason we are trying to go back in six months instead of waiting a year.

As for what people look like at hedo, there are so many variations of the human body at hedo that you can not even begin to start. This I can promise to those who might be a little self conscious about all or part of their bodies. No matter what part of your body you might be worried about, there will be people there with one better than and worse than yours. Even if you are worried about your belly, love handles, muscles (or lack of muscles), body hair, private hair, no hair, height, weight, age, color, breast size, penis, puss and/or butt you will not be the best or the worst at hedo. Even if you think this is not true, you will have 8-18 people next to you who look the same as you. The only way you can stick out at hedo is with your personality. This can make people real ugly or super beautiful no matter their looks on the outside. To be totally honest, the people who you would think would be self conscious or should be self conscious are the people having the most fun at hedo. I mean the most fun.

We were stared at one time. That is when we walked to meet ChrisH and his wife on the nude beach. People just kept staring and with dirty looks too. That was until we found Chris and busted out the Birth Day suits. When we looked up from dropping trou, no one even noticed we were there. It is amazing what happens when your naked in a group of naked people. Every one is on the same playing feild. Make sure you do bring some great sun glasses though. Ones that you can not see your eyes through. There will be a few people that walk by you that are heavenly (male and female) that will make you take a double look and say "YES THERE IS A GOD"! Then you look back at your body and the rest of the hedo guests and say "BUT HE HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR"!

At one point during each day at the nude side I had to step back and just look around 360 degrees. I will never ever see this many people, with so many differances, in one place, all having the time of thier lives and with the biggest smiles i have ever seen. There is a feeling in the air at hedo like no place on earth. If you have a bad time at hedo, it is because you sir or ma'am are an ASSHOLE!

So for the newbies like us, use the day you arrive to explore the resort and what it has to offer. Most likely you will have only half a day and will be tired from the trip to get to hedo anyway. Go get yourselves something to eat and a few drinks. Go to the prude beach and pool and have some fun. If you wonder were everyone is, you can bet your ass they are on the nude beach or in the nude pool laughing and smiling with the other 95% of the resort guest. But go to bed and wake up early (early is 7 am cause breakfast buffet is at 7:30 am) pack a bag with some sun tan lotions, your mugs for drinks and your water shoes. Go get breakfast and get to the nude beach before most others. This way you will have a good seat and will not have to worry about the whole nude side looking at you for having some clothes on if you arrive a little later. Than just lose the clothes and get yourself a drink and start having the best trip of your life.

What made our trip go from great to perfect was the people we met at Hedo. Three couples stick out the most that I must mention. First is ChrisH from this site. Chris and his wife Sarah are great people. They saw us from the site and introduced themselves to Kristin and I. Through them we met so many more people like the ones from the Butt Crack tour. The Butt Cracks twice a year get as many people as they can from hedo's nude side and march with butt cracks showing through Sandals. This parade had close if not more than 100 people. The looks on the Sandals guests' faces were priceless. Kristin and I almost picked Sandals instead of Hedo. Boy are we glad we didn't. They were the most unhappy looking people I have ever seen on a beach or at a bar. That was until the Butt Crack parade rolled through and gave them some thing to smile about. Next is del seybold also from this site. Del and his wife Vicky are another great couple. It was a trip for both their birthdays (only one day apart). The best times we had were at the table in the nude pool with them, Chris and Sarah just drinking and talking. Last is Randy and Jen from Wisconsin. They are not on this site yet. Bet if you guys read this sign up and get in touch with us for the next trip. All 6 of us were in the Butt Crack Parade through Sandals, again what a blast that was. Also a big thanks to Paula and Katie from the Butt Cracks for welcoming us into their group (and the twizzlers).

If any newbies have any questions, please drop a line and we will answer. If you are still debating to go to hedo or not, just do it. There is too much to do and to much fun to be had at hedo. For the price it can not be beat, not even close. The only thing that can beat your first trip to hedo is the second or third trip to hedo. After the first time you will be a regular and you well have even more fun the next go round.

Thanks for the great report. Question for you - did you participate in any of the scuba activities? If so, what was the boat schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by grndedwife View Post
    Thanks for the great report. Question for you - did you participate in any of the scuba activities? If so, what was the boat schedule?
    We had full intentions of going scuba diving a couple of times but we just ended up stuck at the nude beach and pool. I talked with some other divers though. They said the visibility was over 200 feet. There is a couple of dives to choose from, 30 foot, 50 foot and a 90 foot dive. For the 90' you need to be advanced certified. But not sure on the schedules.

18 pounds????!!!! I only put on 6! You must have had more fun than I did! I'll have to try harder next trip!

Great report, couldn't have said it better myself!
    Chris and Sarah
    HII - `97, `99, `08
    currently planning 4th trip to paradise!

thanks for your great indepth report, as newbies to hedo we are really looking forward to going, never been anywhere like it before and counting down the days till the 1st June.
    reports like yours are invaluable to the build up to arriving there, giving us a slight insight as to what to expect. thanks again. tinks.

I forgot one more thing to pack...

..YOUR FAVORITE TOILET PAPER!!! The stuff at hedo is rough on the soft spots!

Most excellent report! Sounds like a similar story as when we went for our first time...This time I was told by the boss to book the the nude jaccusi room...as that is where our friends stayed last time, and it was great...perfect location for the nude beach, yet just a stones throw from the dock, and prude side for eats and stuff...

Another set of friends that are coming with us in Oct are staying on the nude beach side, it is there first time, so they may want to get away from the craziness for a bit...LOL...I say Bring it on!!
    Life's a garden, Dig it!

Headed for the land of Milk and Honey Oct 14th-19th 2008

just got back from second trip in 6 months

And it just keeps getting better all the time!