Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bisexual man at hedo?

bisexual man at hedo?

ive been known to engage on occasion. is this a no-no, or are there some couples open to the idea? or is it best to keep quiet on the subject?

just pmd you

Thumbs up

Frowned on seriously in the Jamaican culture. Have never seen or heard of it being mentioned on the resort in the 7 trips we have been.

I jus wan go home mon!

Ivy and Rick
    www.awolinhedo.com
    "The only bumping you get when ya travel with AWOL, is the good parts bumpin together"
    Trip #8, 8/2 to 8/9
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 04-21-2008 at 05:13 PM.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

There is definitely a double standard in play about this issue. In other threads about this topic people got pretty heated and were even- as much as you can anyway- yelling at eachother. Unfortunately for you, you are on the unequitable side of the double standard. If people do not respond- I am sure they will- do a search and I am sure you will find all the opinions you would want to see.
    Nick (and the darling Kerry)
    Last edited by NickandKitty; 04-25-2008 at 01:00 AM.
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

It is frowned on in Ja culture but so is lesbianism. I know it happens at Hedo but it is more hidden.

is there a point at all in all of this?

"we live in vegas" and "nick&kerry" are right on the mark--be it unfornuate or not. being gay in jamaica IS EXTREMELY FROWNED UPON. so sorry but it is the truth. i have dated a jamaican and had "input" from numerous people down on the island--they DO NOT LIKE IT. last month, i was in ochie visiting this man and one of the bartenders at the hotel was gay. he did not even want toeven be "introduced" to him secondary to the guy being "gay." believe me, i gave him major shi____for it---it's just the way their culture is--no changing it......

Blog Entries

Wink G L B T

No matter where we go, in our own city or another country, each of us has a personal attribute that others "frown upon", and things which we "frown upon" about others.

Just as I am not the only bisexual Woman at the resort, you will not be the only bisexual Man dlo.

There is a gentleman or couple seeking an experience with another bisexual male, and they will contact you!

TRUST ME! LOL

If you are simply seeking a beautiful vacation spot, sans children, with great people, book your flight and hotel. No need to hesitate.

Hedo is a blast!

On the other hand, if you are specifically seeking experiences with bisexual / bicurious men, at Hedo, I would suggest researching some of the Hedo travel groups.

I am not a swinger, so I do not know how prevalent male bisexuality is within their activities, but it is worth a looksee.

If your heart is set on Jamaica dlo, remember that it is one of the most homophobic islands in the Caribbean, with harsh anti-gay laws, even though there's a large local gay population.

Many all-inclusive resorts, notably Sandals, maintain strict no-gay policies.

Hedonism & Grand Lido do allow gay travelers.

For what it's worth, it is advised that you, avoid open displays of affection-such as handholding on the streets in Jamaica.

You could be assaulted for trying it.

There are other GLBT travel options though:

Nothing spices up a travel experience like a little foreign tongue. There you are, a stranger in paradise, surrounded by supple, exotic flesh. You feel their curious, hungry eyes upon you, measuring every inch of your frame, sizing up your potential. Yet, when you turn to them, bashful eyes dart away. They want you; you want them -- what's a poor fellow to do?
    http://www.gay.com/travel/premium/?sernum=1140

GayOutdoors hooks you up with gay, bi, straight outdoorzy guys. Meet guys with similar outdoor interests, find cool events, keep up with your buddies and share your outdoor experiences/knowledge.www.gayoutdoors.org

The International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) (tel. 800/448-8550 or 954/776-2626; fax 954/776-3303; www.iglta.com) links travelers up with gay-friendly hoteliers, tour operators, and airline and cruise-line representatives. It offers monthly newsletters, marketing mailings, and a membership directory that's updated once a year. Membership is $200 yearly, plus a $100 administration fee for new members.

Above and Beyond Tours (tel. 800/397-2681; www.abovebeyondtours.com) offers gay and lesbian tours worldwide and is the exclusive gay and lesbian tour operator for United Airlines.

Now, Voyager (tel. 800/255-6951; www.nowvoyager.com) is a San Francisco-based gay-owned and -operated travel service.

Olivia Cruises & Resorts (tel. 800/631-6277 or 510/655-0364; www.olivia.com) charters entire resorts and ships for exclusive lesbian vacations all over the world.

Out and About (tel. 800/929-2268 or 415/644-8044; www.outandabout.com) offers guidebooks and a newsletter 10 times a year packed with information on the global gay and lesbian scene. Spartacus International Gay Guide and Odysseus are good, annual English-language guidebooks focused on gay men, with some information for lesbians. You can get them from most gay and lesbian bookstores.

Good luck!

~EHB~

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by the_hedonist_69 View Post
    is there a point at all in all of this?
    I would think that the point we are all trying to make is....be careful, or at least that was the one I was trying to make. Though we may be accepting of it in our culture, and I am not so sure that we are, it is not accepted in Jamaica.

dlo, go, have fun, be careful.

I jus wan go home mon!

Ivy and Rick
    www.awolinhedo.com
    "The only bumping you get when ya travel with AWOL, is the good parts bumpin together"
    Trip #8, 8/2 to 8/9

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

I've always found it fascinating that people (some) are comfortable with a woman being bi but freak at the thought of a man being bi or even bi curious. It definately doesn't make them gay but yet they are seen that way.

i have 2 really close male friends, both married, and they are curious about other men.

When you think about a threesome with 2 guys/1 woman there could be certain positions that the mens' balls or even, heaven forbid!, their tongue could come in contact with the others "naughty bits".

It is SUCH a double standard. I can say that not i'm totally comfortable with the thought of 2 guys going full out BUT a little "soft", so to speak, experimenting, i see nothing wrong with. I'm also not comfortable with 2 women going full out. I hold NOTHING against either sexes when it comes to that BUT i am definately 100% hetero with just a slight curiousity about another woman.

Would i be in a threesome with 2 guys and there was some experimenting on their part?? Yes, i would.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peej4262 View Post
    BUT i am definately 100% hetero with just a slight curiousity about another woman.
    I think there are an exceedingly small percentage of people who are 100% either way. There are infinite shades of gray in between.

I also don't have any problem with a double standard of what is acceptable. After all - men and women are different - the same reasoning does not apply to both.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Blog Entries
    Well, I can't stand it no more (lol)...

Nope... A bisexual guy at Hedo would be out of place. At least from what I know. I can't say my pendulum swings that way at all, but I ain't here to knock nobody. I just wanted to add that from what I know of Hedo, a bi dude would go over as well as a turd in the punch bowl for the most part. I am certain that there are travel groups that include everything, so check into that. I say that because I have been there when the KINKS were there. I still haven't gotten over that (lol)... Just so everyone knows, the KINKS weren't my type of thing, but I found them to be very un-offensive, other than some of the outfits still make me scream in my sleep (lol)...

Most of you know that I am not a "it's fine if it doesn't directly affect me" type of guy... If I don't like it, I speak up. Better said, if I don't understand it, or I don't "get it" I speak up. But, I love Hedo as it is and I don't jump people's shit for being different. If you want to go... by all means go... Hedo is for everyone... Even if everyone ain't for Hedo...

Ebony... don't start any shit with me (lol)...
    Last edited by JAnewbies; 04-23-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

thanks for the heads up- everyone gave great advice. ive decided to keep quiet on the subject while there. however, if approached by a nice couple...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAnewbies View Post
    Well, I can't stand it no more (lol)...

Nope... A bisexual guy at Hedo would be out of place. At least from what I know. I can't say my pendulum swings that way at all, but I ain't here to knock nobody. I just wanted to add that from what I know of Hedo, a bi dude would go over as well as a turd in the punch bowl for the most part. I am certain that there are travel groups that include everything, so check into that. I say that because I have been there when the KINKS were there. I still haven't gotten over that (lol)... Just so everyone knows, the KINKS weren't my type of thing, but I found them to be very un-offensive, other than some of the outfits still make me scream in my sleep (lol)...

Most of you know that I am not a "it's fine if it doesn't directly affect me" type of guy... If I don't like it, I speak up. Better said, if I don't understand it, or I don't "get it" I speak up. But, I love Hedo as it is and I don't jump people's shit for being different. If you want to go... by all means go... Hedo is for everyone... Even if everyone ain't for Hedo...

Ebony... don't start any shit with me (lol)...

WHO ME?!??!?!?!? Jeez!

When have I ever started shit?

Hey handsome!

I was wondering when you were going to weigh in on this one!

Even I was hesitant to reply, because I didn't want to start another, ahem , situation on the board.

'Turd in a punch bowl' J LOL

We need a new thread "J-isms". WAIT! Some smart ass, and you KNOW who you are, will somehow refer to the thread as "jism".

While slightly apropos for this thread, quite inapplicable, when referring to my honey J.

~EHB~

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dlo View Post
    thanks for the heads up- everyone gave great advice. ive decided to keep quiet on the subject while there. however, if approached by a nice couple...
    dlo, I forgot to mention another great alternative! Hedo II!

I have, openly gay, male friends who travel, as an unofficial group, to the resort.

They never miss June.

Something about the 'Ultimate Men of Hedonism' event. LOL

They hit the resort several times time a year, and have never had a single problem with other guests, and always seem to find a lil somethin, somethin on the nude side.

Again... Good luck!

~EHB~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast