Thread: Jamaican roads

Exclamation Jamaican roads

The trip from Montego Bay to Negril was a long one! I can't believe how narrow the roads are there. It scared me every time we passed a pedestrian or bicyclist. Also, the vehicles are always passing each other there! The roads are just not big enough for that! Thank God we hardly left the resort once we finally made it!
    I like girls, who like girls, who like girls....

You shoulda been there ...

Until they finished the road last year, the trip from MoBay to Negril took up to 3 hours, much of it on rutted dirt tracks around construction areas. Hot and dust all the way. There were times I would close my eyes out of fear, or brace my arms off the cieling to keep from bouncing so much.

Be grateful!
    Alex & Laura: H2 Dec 4-13 2009
    There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning - Jimmy Buffet

Wow! I'm glad we didn't have to ride through that. Our bus ride seemed like forever, but it was only like an hour and 15 minutes. We stopped once so it took longer than necessary. I'm just more grateful now for our traffic laws and wide roads here at home.
    I like girls, who like girls, who like girls....

after taking the bus once, we decided to fly from now on. great scenery and you are there in 15 minutes. if i remember right it was about 70.00 each. we beat everyone else on our plane to the resort and were able to get an upgrade being there first while most of the other couples didnt.
    youre only as old as the woman you feel!

it sounds like the plane is the way to go, I'll pay more to get there an hour sooner!

flight from mo bay to negril

How do you arrange a flight from MoBay to negril? Just though the normal channels (orbitz, travelocity, etc)?

you can do it like we did, through a travel agent. or you can do it yourself. timair is the one we used. i think they have a website to go through, just make sure you give yourself enough time. if your flight into mobay lands at say 12, schedule your short flight at say 1245 or 100. they will help you out if your flight is late. about a 15 minute flight. you will need a taxi to take you over to the other terminal for the quick flight, about 4 or 5 bucks. and a taxi to the resort then. that was about a 3 or 4 minute ride, 5 bucks too.
    youre only as old as the woman you feel!