Thread: Which one - lifestyle, nudity, diving

Which one - lifestyle, nudity, diving

This was originally posted in "introduce yourself", but I thought it might get a better response here. Thanks for your advice.

Hi all - We are thinking about heading to one of the Hedo's sometime during the month of July. I've read so many posts on the differences between II and III, but I can't seem to get the vibe /answers for the following:

1) Which Hedo would you say has the most lifestyle activities during a 'non-lifestyle' week? We do not necessariy want to travel with a group, yet still want to find others to play with on any week we decide to go. We don't want to choose dates based on "groups" that may be there.

2) I understand that "nude is nude" at either Hedo, but what about the rest of the facilities/pools? Except for dining areas - are all other areas/pools/hot tubs at least topless? I don't want to have to choose EITHER/OR when it comes to clothing - nude is fine at times, but I don't want to HAVE to be fully clothed in other areas.

3) For all those divers out there: Which has the best dive facilities/dive masters/sites? We have done vacations with unlimited diving options - this does not seem to be available at Hedo. Do they make exceptions and let you go out for both the morning 2 tank and the afternoon 1 tank dive? I don't dive deep and can therefore dive more often. Also, my husband's tank "takes forever to empty" so he is able to stay down longer than most. Are the boats pushy about getting everyone in at the same time - or do they let you relax and dive according to your level?

Appreciate any and all advice - those who have been are so much better at answering questions!!!

Thumbs up

I will take a shot at a couple of the questions for you,

1- Hedo 3 (where we have been most) and Hedo 2, are not "lifestyle resorts" rather they are nudist resorts that are "lifestyle" friendly. Your chances of finding someone to "play" with during a "non-lifestyle" week would depend on the number of folks at the resort. As for going with a group, not every group is just "lifestyle" focused, but you will usually find a mix of players with non players in every group. The thing about most groups is that they usually have opportunities to get to know people before getting to Hedo and can perhaps determine if there is anyone in the group that has peaked your interest.

2- Hedo 2 has 2 sides, prude and nude. Hedo 3 has 3 options, prude, nude or the clothing optional quad area. Each of the 3 areas has a pool and hot tubs. We have seen topless women on the prude beach at Hedo 3, but most topless only activity occurs in the quad area. Gift shop, front desk, food service areas are all areas that you are required to be covered up. Covered up is a loose term that sometimes is open to the interpretation.

3- We are not divers and can not answer this question, sorry.

Ivy and Rick
    www.awolinhedo.com
    "The only bumping you get when ya travel with AWOL, is the good parts bumpin together"
    Trip #8, 8/2 to 8/9

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

3. We did both resorts last year, I learned to dive at H3, then dove at H2. H2's equipment seemed older, worn and in need of replacement, and the employees seemed less interested. Diving is done twice a day, 30 foot and 60 foot dives. I have not seen anyone do both in a day, only diving on one of the day dives then doing the night dive that night. The times are regulated, you go down with the group and come up with the group. No exceptions.
    Paul....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Blog Entries
    You got some great answers already, but just to add to #1:

As Rick said, when you join a group you get to know a lot of people ahead of time which is always helpful for many reasons. On a week where there are no groups present there is also usually lower occupancy. That lower occupancy can be nice if you want more quiet time. If you are looking to increase your odds of meeting people you really click with for either long term friends (or whatever you are after) then the higher the occupancy the better.

The vibe changes so much as different people come and go so it is impossible to predict what it will be like for a given week unless there is a group there (and even then you can't really tell for sure)

What I suggest is choose your dates based on what works for your schedule and then find out if there is a group there that you can join. You can then enjoy the benefits of the group, or you can go off an do your own thing.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

As for the nudity thing...Hedo 3 would be the chioce for the most options as they have the Quad which is clothing optional...full suit, topless, totally nude...it's your choice. The restaurant areas at both are clothed and they highly frown on nudity, especially in restaurants and lobby, however; you do get really quick service if you have a problem and show up nude in the lobby...such as not being able to get into your room and no towels available to cover up....lol.
    Hedo 3 is on north coast and weather can impact diving schedule. It tends to be alot wavier than H2...so many days/week watersports are cancelled at #3 due to high, breaking waves...so if diving is your pleasure, #2 might be a better choice for more consistant activities.
    Like everyone says...lifestyle is dependant on crowd...we generally find about 50% "play" any given week...of course higher on a "lifestyle week" or a group that tends to focus on "lifestlye"
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!