Thread: drinking alcohol

drinking alcohol

I have never drank alcohol wine beer in my whole life, not even tasted it. But I am thinking of at least tasting some if not drinking per say. I am sure most of you can give me some good advise.
    I want to drink something tasty, like fruit. Something light so that it does not give me blurred vision. I never drank so I dont know what and how much will do whatever to me. And I am also quite moron, with the names and how much to drink to be safe.
    good luck

Are you serious?

There's many people who for whatever reason, don't try alcohol until adult.

There's lots of fruit-based drinks available there. The most important thing is to not overdo, to take the time to learn how your body responds to alcohol. If you're just starting, limit yourself to one drink per every few hours, and lots of water between. You will *not* have the tolerance toward alcohol that people who drink regularly have.

John & Carol

Blog Entries
    If you are not a drinker, there is no reason to start at Hedo.
    There is too great a chance that you will overindulge and ruin your trip, or someone else's. Not worth the risk.
    You will have the same amount of drink choices. Simply specify no alcohol.
    Go... Be yourself... Enjoy...

~EHB~

Quote Originally Posted by EHB View Post
    If you are not a drinker, there is no reason to start at Hedo.
    There is too great a chance that you will overindulge and ruin your trip, or someone else's. Not worth the risk.
    You will have the same amount of drink choices. Simply specify no alcohol.
    Go... Be yourself... Enjoy...
    GREAT advice!! Just go and be your charming self, no alcohol required! If you want to try alcohol, try it at home first and learn how it affects you. I would start with wine coolers, those are really fruity.
    Hedo 2, March 15-23 with the HedoAmigos

thank you all for the great advise about drinking. i will drink fruit juices.. it is fine. that is whole reason so far i have never drank, everytime i think about trying, i get nervous that i don't know how my body is going to react, and obviously i am not going to ruin my long awaiting vacation at hedo.
    I will drink lots of jucies and i will be naked to have fun.
    arios..............

and IN CASE you are worried about the "fitting in" part of the alcohol consumption around you (which may or may not be an issue to you)
    if you drink fruit juice OR specifically ask the bartenders for "virgin" (no alcohol in it) drinks such as daquiri - no one needs to know that you are not embibing - in fact I would not necessarily announce it as (though we should hope it would not happen in the spirit of what Hedo should be) some bozo may get a wild notion to "spike" your drink

They have "virgin" margaritas and pina coladas on the side of the main bar. The pinapple juice is very good too. Have fun

Whatcha loose with Booze

Quote Originally Posted by sbakht View Post
    I have never drank alcohol wine beer in my whole life, not even tasted it. But I am thinking of at least tasting some if not drinking per say. I am sure most of you can give me some good advise.
    I want to drink something tasty, like fruit. Something light so that it does not give me blurred vision. I never drank so I dont know what and how much will do whatever to me. And I am also quite moron, with the names and how much to drink to be safe.
    good luck
    Nobody drinks alcohol just for the flavor, it's nasty, it makes you cough and gag for a reason. It's all done for the buzz, the mental blurring, the desensitization and amnesia. Don't buy into the "Be somebody" advertizing hype like the rest of us have. I always say you don't need to be intoxicated to have fun if you're totally integrated in your head and need no other excuse to cloud your thinking. Sadly I'll be with the rest of the abusers but at least not as bad as I used to be. If you are bound and determined to try it out, have someone specifically keep an eye on you and keep you safe because most people trying it for the first time will go way fukkin overboard and get totally trashed and spoil at least a day or two recovering from puking their asshole up.

Best regards

Mickster

Enjoy yourself

Quote Originally Posted by mickster View Post
    Nobody drinks alcohol just for the flavor, it's nasty, it makes you cough and gag for a reason. It's all done for the buzz, the mental blurring, the desensitization and amnesia. Don't buy into the "Be somebody" advertizing hype like the rest of us have. I always say you don't need to be intoxicated to have fun if you're totally integrated in your head and need no other excuse to cloud your thinking. Sadly I'll be with the rest of the abusers but at least not as bad as I used to be. If you are bound and determined to try it out, have someone specifically keep an eye on you and keep you safe because most people trying it for the first time will go way fukkin overboard and get totally trashed and spoil at least a day or two recovering from puking their asshole up.

Best regards

Mickster

Enjoy yourself
    WOW that says it all. You almost have me thinking about staying dry next week... almost. LOL but truely if you do decide to partake just be cautious no matter how experienced you are. These trips cost too much and from what I have read there is to much going on to miss a bunch of it (or worse be in the middle of it and then not remember) because you over indulged(sp?).

Next week newbie?

You almost have me thinking about staying dry next week almost. LOL but truely if you do decide to partake just be cautious no matter how experienced you are. These trips cost too much and from what I have read there is to much going on to miss a bunch of it (or worse be in the middle of it and then not remember) because you over indulged(sp?).[/QUOTE]

Daawg, your very first time? Tres cool! You read zackly right and feel free even to contribute to the show! I may drink to forget but not what I do at hedo, I like firing on all cylinders at home!

No prisoners!

Mickster