Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you keep from getting razor bumps in the heat?

How do you keep from getting razor bumps in the heat?

Me and a friend were wondering how you keep from getting heat bumps from shaving every day in that Jamacain heat?

Quote Originally Posted by peej4262 View Post
    Me and a friend were wondering how you keep from getting heat bumps from shaving every day in that Jamacain heat?
    Chafing gel is the best, go to your local pharmacy I find the best to be made by monistat .. go figure..WORKS GREAT!!

as in Monistat for a yeast infection? LOL

Get a wax job 3-5 days before you go! It resolves alot of issues with shaving. Or shave with sensitive lotion and cold water.

Razors, rash, etc....

I am one of those poor unfortunate souls who have a problem nearly every year with bumps, rash, or something along that line. I asked much the same question a while back, and someone enlightened me to something called "bacterial folliculitis".
    http://www.hmc.psu.edu/healthinfo/f/folliculitis.htm
    As with most medical conditions it is not as bad as it sounds. Basically it is an infection from open pores or the minor little cuts we all get when we shave. There were a couple of suggestions that were made that have not already been mentioned- I personally plan on waxing this year- that I thought I would pass along.
    1. Do not go into the water within 2 hours of shaving. Let the pores close and the cuts begin to heal. Make sure you actually get dry at some point.
    2. Make sure you use a powder or chafing cream on a regular basis- I think someone already mentioned the monistat stuff but it is worth repeating. I think my problem is that between the pools, the beach, and the humidity I am never really dry during our stay- going to work on that as well.
    Sad to say I am the voice of experience on this- hoping for less of it this year and the years to come.
    Nick (and the lovely Kerry)
    Last edited by NickandKitty; 02-28-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: link did not post
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Another option is to use a depilatory cream. Nair is real popular, but I've found Magic Platinum (available at most drug stores) to be very effective - and nary a razor bump/burn to be found.
    Next trip: July 21-28, 2012.
    Will your trip intersect? Let's talk! Send us a PM! We're always looking to meet fun, cool people!

I have found that using SeaBreeze Astringent every day (not just on shaving days) leads to zero bumps.
    H3 w/Jamaican Water Slide Team 9/6/08-9/13/08
    http://www.jwst.com

Shave at night after the heat is off, but use cool water before and after. And the seabreeze really does work. Another thing on the packing list. Bandages, burn care, splints, IV lines with solutions, tourinquet, Israli bandage, Oops, wrong list!

Wrong list?

Not sure about that- an 18ga with 1000cc of ringers (hell, even NS would be good) helps leaps and bounds with the hangover.... :P
    medic humor, can't get enough of it.
    Nick (and the scrub-wearing Kerry)
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Dumb question alert!

Are we speaking of facial shaving or down under shaving?

If down under shaving . . . I say WAX IT BABY!!!!!! I did it in November and it was the best prep work I could have ever had done.

That's my 2 cents and I'm stickin' to it.

Sweetheart 27

November 3-9th 2007 - 1st Trip - H3
    June 18-22nd 2008 - Starfish Trelawny
    June 3-7th - H3

As has been said, waxing is your best bet. However, I have shaved everyday for the past several years, and I never get a rash. I think that my skin just got used to being shaved every day and gave up on the rash! LOL!
    3/28 -4/7
    ARE WE THERE YET??????

waxing?

hey there, really looking for replies from uk peeps as i think we are far behind you american/canadian lot!
    I really want a brazillian wax before i go to hedo but dont really know how to ask for it, what responses have you had when you have asked your beauty therapist? are they ok with doing it or is it dead awkward?
    Sarah and Dave
    we will visit HEDO one day

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by spexysarah View Post
    hey there, really looking for replies from uk peeps as i think we are far behind you american/canadian lot!
    I really want a brazillian wax before i go to hedo but dont really know how to ask for it, what responses have you had when you have asked your beauty therapist? are they ok with doing it or is it dead awkward?

I just call the spas that that I have seen around town and ask them if they do a Brazilian Wax. So far, they have all been very kind. If they don't provide the service, they are happy to tell me about a spa that does. After I schedule a wax, and before I actually go in, I usually call and talk to the person that will be doing the waxing to see if there is anything that I need to know before coming in. This type of wax is so common around here that nobody even looks sideways at it!

i come from small town America. I seriously doubt if ANYone around here does the Brazilian wax jobs. Does anyone know if it is done at the resort?

i come from small town America. I seriously doubt if ANYone around here does the Brazilian wax jobs. Does anyone know if it is done at the resort?
    You can get a bikini wax next door at Breezes. I don't know if you can get a Brazilian or not. We liv in a small town too, but most of our beauty salons offer this (it's just not advertised). What part of Texas are you in?

3/28 - 4/7 ARE WE THERE YET??????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast