October 2003 trip report ( with DennyP’s WWW group)

I'm not sure how to start this report so I'll start with what I believe were my best decisions.

Flying first class definitely was a good choice. As our vacation was short, only 5 days, this helped us start relaxing from the onset.

Packing a collapsible cooler in the front pocket of my suitcase. I loaded us up with 8 or so beers for the trip. 2 hours in a minivan with two women going to Club Ambiance. The beers made the trip. Though, I was doing an intense version of the “p - p” dance when we arrived due to the lack of stop on trip.

Getting to know the WWW group was great. It was so nice to walk into a resort we had never visited before and recognize people we knew, some better than others. I highly recommend that all post a pre-trip photo to help first timers get comfortable and feel like they are visiting friends. The group itself was great and was the source of many of most memorable (and unmentionable) events.

I guess I always realized how good looking my wife is, though there were a few events during the week that reinforced the notion. Upon arriving at the airport the offers for various controlled substances were always started with reference to the fine lady I was traveling with. One even offered, jokingly I hope, to trade me a Big bag of ganja for her. Kevin, our favorite bar tender would call us Power Man & Pretty Lady. Her name is of obvious derivation but mine is related to my working in power plants. That in itself was a good joke as many times as the lights went out.

Body shots & double BCs on the pussy fountains : enough said as those involved will remember them.

Staying in the pool front room, I t was great having the lounger, pool and bar right outside the door. The bathroom being close by was nice also. I enjoyed sitting out by the Quad pool for my morning coffee while Julie slept in, some mornings until 6:30 or 7:00.

The only poor choice I made was not keeping track of how many 151 and cokes I had at the quad bar before dinner one day. By rough calculations I wasted about 9.6% of our vacation that night. I must say that I was very rested the next morning though.

Some of the more memorable events that occurred in no particular order, as a bad case DIF is preventing logical thought at this particular moment.

The nude slide run. I have never heard so many people laughing at one time and the EC halting the entertainment program at the time to announce our arrival. I did discover that the slide run is too quick to finish a whole drink, so, I recommend starting with a shot or half a glass at the most. Not to mention a certain person who drank 3 bars out of Southern Comfort that night and lived.

I will admit that we met a few, very few, rude & obnoxious people. It may have been that they stood out more due to the huge number of polite, outgoing, fun loving types That we met. Seemed to me anything goes as long you asked politely.

Several of the “nude side” people asked if we were coming over to their side the first day. Once again we were not trying to avoid them but the quad pool was so quiet the first day that we could hardly leave it. We did end up at the nude pool the second day and every morning after, it was fine friendly kind of place. We sort of felt out of place when we took the tour. Kind of strange to feel embarrassed because you have cloths on. I would like to thank all for the almost daily quad takeovers ( almost like they came over to our side). We really like the layout of the quad pool better than the nude pool. We did prefer the ocean breeze at the nude pool to the sweating at the quad pool while doing the daily sun ritual. One of the best was the first takeover of the week. While most of the WWW group was out on a cruise about 20 good natured nudes burst in upon a group who did not quite grasp where they were until that moment. Most ran and pulled the curtains. At this point I almost fell off my lounger I was laughing so hard. I remember mostly a certain big guy from Detroit who stuck it out after the initial shock. He spent many an hour at the quad bar with my wife and I in conversation. Although he never went to the nude side, he showed that nudes and prudes can have a few drinks together. I sure hope he managed to get his Cuban cigars.

The Piano Bar is a riot. The entertainment is great and a even those who can’t quite carry a tune had a good time. There are even a few young women who may have been scared for life due to a certain Scotsman’s costume one night.

We were very impressed by the EC’s and their long hours with what seemed to be a perpetually good attitude.

As many have stated the food and accommodations are acceptable, possibly even good. My personal opinion is that the Scotch Bonnet and the Munahana were outstanding with rest being average. I was impressed by how clean the general grounds were kept.

Playing my CD’s at the quad bar. The look on the faces when they heard “Rat In Me Kitchen” and HERE COMES THE SUN (Reggae version of the Beatles).

A few recommendations.

Pack a collapsible cooler.
Pack fewer real cloths and more t-shirts.
Take a float or two, the 18 hole floating bar is a good thing during the volleyball game.
Have someone in your group get the pool front room at the quad ( a close bathroom is good).
Squirt guns make the body shots more fun.
Grab a bottle of wine and watch the sunset from the wedding gazebo.

If this appears to be a rambling report it is due to an attempt to cure the DIF with a few VX and Cokes. Just a few closing thoughts.

If any one runs into Kevin (he worked the main bar on Friday 10/17/03) let him know we really did enjoy the music.

If you happen to take pictures, share them. We were having so much fun I forgot to get out the camera until the last day.

Now for the worst moment of the trip. Waiting for the bus. Take the latest flight possible as we missed the opportunity to say farewell to many new friends due to our early departure time.

As I am reminded of more of the entertaining moments I’ll try and update this report.

This is merely a collection of thoughts from the Matt portion of “Julie & Matt from Michigan”.