Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Hedo - Etiquette question

New to Hedo - Etiquette question

My wife and I will be traveling to Hedo III in June. We are new to this, and are excited to have some fun at the resort. We are a little worried about being naked for the first time...mainly about the etiquette. I have read the posts that say we have nothing to worry about, but I want to know what the etiquette is for looking. I certainly do not plan to gawk at every person that walks by, but if I see a PDA it is kind of hard not to look. Any suggestions? Also, are there aqny other forums or web sites that provide good info on the Hedo III resorts? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Etiquette, now there's a question (lol)...

I always go with the theory that if someone is having sex in front of others, their intention was to be watched. Of course, there is the imaginary 4-6 foot barrier to maintain. Less than 4 feet and... unless you have been asked to scooch up closer, you have (at least in my humble opinion) gotten too close. The obvious, look but don't touch, unless asked, applies here as well.

There is a fine line between an appreciative look and an unwanted stare. Of course a stare is not a stare, when met with a smile, so use your own judgement on that one.

Some at Hedo are there for the first time, and are just getting used to it, so be sure you watch yourself as to how hard you are watching if it doesn't seem to be received well.

While some may only be cool with a glance, others may be offended if you don't look long enough.

In general, unless someone is an idiot, I have seen few who actually commit a violation. Most etiquette offenses I have seen occured late at night after tons of booze and a cloudy judgement, coupled with tons of booze and a possesive S/O...

Overall, it's not that big of a deal. Most at Hedo are pretty laid back to begin with and expect less than perfect etiquette to a degree. It's probably the case that most guests at one time, or another, have been guilty of it themselves, so you have a pretty understanding crowd...

The only problem we ever had was a guy dancing with my wife (which was cool). It started off pretty tame, but as the dance went on, he got a little too touchy/feely. She's a "non-confrontational type," so instead of telling the guy to beat it, she gave me a "come save me look" so I politely went and cut in. No biggie, but things like that are pretty common, especially late at night at the disco. I've never seen it come to blows though. Again, Hedo is a happy place to stretch your wings and most everybody knows that's all it is.
    Last edited by JAnewbies; 02-18-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

As for other websites, check out dennyp.com. They also have a list of groups that you can join and yahoo groups too. There are also groups that have their own websites like the Jamaican WaferSlide Team which frequents H3. www.jwst.com
    Last edited by tamnrudy; 02-18-2008 at 09:18 PM. Reason: can't spell worth a dang

finding a Yahoo group based on "time frame" seems to be a great way to meet other newbies and veterans (talking to specific people who have been there before has been most valuable for us). As far as info about the resort(s) we have definitely found this forum to be the most informative and the answers to be "down and dirty - no holds barred" - in a good way - people seem to say what's on their minds and tell it like it is.

dennyp

although i think dennyp was the pioneer in hedo websites, it's become.. a bit militant.

one of the major reason I enjoy this site so much, is that it's a cool stream of consciousness. threads flow naturally like conversations do.

on dennyp they have strict forums, and if you accidentally post something that doesn't precisely fit, you get a nasty-gram email saying that you violated your terms of service and your message has been permanently deleted.

I posted, after answering someone's question, that I'd be in H3 on a certain date. The nasty message from the op included, along with the ominous TOS violation proclamation, that I was "Trying to Locate another member".. when you get a 'cease & desist' email, that statement sounds like you're trying to fricken STALK someone, not say "hey, I'll be there too".

but, as always, YMMV.

Ettiquette?

Quote Originally Posted by tucker_1976 View Post
    My wife and I will be traveling to Hedo III in June. We are new to this, and are excited to have some fun at the resort. We are a little worried about being naked for the first time...mainly about the etiquette. I have read the posts that say we have nothing to worry about, but I want to know what the etiquette is for looking. I certainly do not plan to gawk at every person that walks by, but if I see a PDA it is kind of hard not to look. Any suggestions? Also, are there aqny other forums or web sites that provide good info on the Hedo III resorts? Thanks
    I for one would always suggest the golden rule, unless you were, say, Ted Bundy or Caligula, but I digress. I must be fairly jaded and get fairly little kick out of watching pda, rather prefering to be one, but thats just me. If you work on your game enough and get good at it and enjoy it there's less incentive to especially annoy or focus on someone else if there is no lesson to be learned from it.

Don't worry, Just be yourselves,

Respect,

Mickster

I have to say JA another on the money answer. Great job.
    No means no, watch the people for keys, and if in doubt, ask.
    "That looks hot, do you mind if we watch?"
    Now if it's me and my kitten, come close as you want and watch all you want, depending on the timing, might even get an invite to join in.

Paul + Sexy joan....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    if in doubt, ask.
    "That looks hot, do you mind if we watch?"
    nah.. just break out the crayons & ask if you can do a quick artists rendition..

I'm with ya on "DennyP"...located it before THIS site, but quickly decided that THIS one was better. I also got a nasty gram saying that my inquiry about who was going when should be strictly limited to the "calendar" section or some bs like that. GESH...can't we all just get along...naked?! *wink*

'that' site also wanted a bit more personal information for the calendar section than I really wanted to give out..

they may have changed it since then, but it sent off all sorts of alarms in my head.

that was 3 years ago, and I've never looked back

what does PDA stand for ? excuse my ignorance lolll

Hedo II or bust March 09-15

Quote Originally Posted by new_2_hedo View Post
    what does PDA stand for ? excuse my ignorance lolll
    1. Public Display of Affection

JANewb that is a great answer, and should be reffered to whenever this question is re-asked(is that a word?) Maybe a sticky is in order.

So that's what it means.
    I always thought it meant my Personal Digit Assistant, giving me personal attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet & Phil View Post
    1. Public Display of Affection

http://www.urbandictionary.com satisfies all your (adult) acronym needs

but what ever you do.. don't look up 'blumpkin'.. because you can't UNlook up that definition. (brain scarring)

(yes.. I'm that kind of evil)
    Last edited by CodePoet; 02-19-2008 at 11:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast