Thread: Jay & Mikki Hedo II virgin trip

Smile Jay & Mikki Hedo II virgin trip

Trip report: Hedo II virgin trip 2/9-2/16
    We booked our trip last August and have been reading as many boards as we could find since then. I loved all the trip reports and wanted to share our experience so here goes…this is very long and has a lot of detail especially about our first night.
    We booked before we read about any TAs and so we got the room straight from superclubs. I tried to get flight too but the site wasn’t working properly at the time and I booked our flight separate. I think we actually saved money doing it this way. I only mention this because we were nervous about being bumped. We had heard that valentine’s is a popular week and we were arriving on a Saturday (as it turns out even later than we thought). We saved $400 by flying out of Boston and that let us book on the nude side garden. We had read and talked with people from different groups, and were really looking forward to meeting people that were going to be there this week. We were invited to join the naughty cupids and had talked quite a bit about meeting up when we got there but never said a time or place to meet. Enough with the preliminaries…
    We left the house at 1:30am to begin the drive…a nice 7 degrees Fahrenheit… it had been snowing all week and took us almost 3 hours to get to Boston. Parked with Thrifty (this worked out great by the way) and we were off…checked in early…changed into shorts and stowed our coats…the flight out of Boston was on time…we waited an extra half hour to 40 minutes due to de-icing and this put us in a very tight window to catch our charlotte connection…there was only a 45 minutes layover there. We rushed across the terminal to find….nobody was loading…the gentleman was just picking up the mic to say that they had found a fuel leak and there would be a delay…ok, time to find something to eat. Came back 45 minutes later to hear…had to find a new plane…cool part was that they moved us up to a 757, the bad part was they needed to call in a crew that could fly a 757. We were finally in the air about 3 ½ to 4 hours behind original schedule, but at least we were on a healthy plane. Filled out our paperwork on the way and had no problem with immigration or customs…it was a very long line as flights from Atlanta and other places came in at the same time. Made it to the superclubs lounge. Jay finally gets a cigarette…it’s only been about 14 hours since his last one. One other couple to hedo 2, and 2 couples to grand lido. They load us into a small bus…there was no time to look around for a drink vendor and the luggage handler seemed less than thrilled that Jay only handed him a buck a bag but oh well.
    It was already getting dark. No sights on the way there. The driver was nice, quiet (as we all were) and did not offer to stop. We all just wanted to get there!! Only caught my breath twice on the ride; once when a car was coming toward us passing another car and we had to swerve to miss them, and once when a dog(goat? Some small animal) ran out in front of us. At this point we are still praying we’re not getting bumped for arriving so late. We heard later that 9 couples did get bumped that night.
    We dropped off the couples at GL and headed across the street. The gentleman on the curb helped me out with a big smile and said “welcome home”. We were greeted by smiles all around, asked for our registration card and handed a picture contract to read and sign. By the time I had signed the form; the lovely lady was back with our room keys and indicated that our bags would be brought shortly. We asked the man bringing our bags if room 2134 was good and he smiled and said “yah mon, it’s in the H block, everyone likes that”. Great!! Now we just had to find our way around. They told us to head through the dining room and it would be in the middle after the first building. It’s now a little after 8pm on Saturday night, we walk into the dining room…I’m not sure what we were expecting but mostly it was people eating dinner in street clothes…hmmm…well, we’re in a hurry to find our room we probably missed something…we do notice the big map sign as we go by…have to remember that! We wander down the paths to find our room. We’re still not sure what to expect…we have heard over and over that people don’t book for the rooms…did we get the worst of what was left? Will there be bugs all over? Will we be sweltering because the A/C doesn’t work? Will our room key even work?
    We slide the key in and out…the light turns green…we open and the door and…wow… this is pretty nice…room is nice and cool with a/c running (actually almost on the cold side for me), the bed is nice and big… nice bright lights…plenty of drawers…iron and board…nice safe… body jets in the shower, body gel and shampoo in the dispensers…shelves to put razor and etc on…a coffee pot with all the fixings…no sign of bugs, mold, electrical wires…hmmm. Ok, so boards were wrong, we like the room.
    I set up the iron and pull a couple things out of the carry on to wear for supper…pull some Lysol clothes into the A/C (don’t remember who gave this tip but I intend to use it every time I travel. Thank you). The wonderful gentleman arrives with our bags…he laughs when he sees the ironing board set up and asks if I need the bag he brought opened for me. I thank him and ask if he can help us with a little bag of something nice and some papers he say sure no problem. I’d like to say that we negotiated a price, but the one he named seemed more than fair to me. He makes a call and says he’ll be back in ½ hour. I don’t even think it was that long. And wow!! Nice bag! Only used about ½ of it…gifted the rest at the end of the stay. Now, the tricky part…we gave him a tip too…I know there is a lot of controversy about this but he was nice and made it so easy for us that I felt I wanted to. I won’t if I feel that it is expected, but I will if I find the service above standard…hate me or call me cheap, whatever…that’s how we are.
    So…we head out to see what’s happening…it’s maybe 9-9:30 by now…hot tub, pool area is deserted…sign up that its being treated. Beach is empty…wow look at all those chairs! This is beautiful! We keep walking till we hear noise up above us…hah! We’ve found the dining room again…lets get something to eat…I’m wearing a white, sheer Mexican style dress with nothing under and Jay is wearing a Hawaiian shirt and some type of boxer style shorts…we brought pictures of people we’ve been talking to but don’t recognize anyone. No one makes eye contact with us…hmmm…don’t see any skimpy outfits…hmmm…are we sure we read about the right place?? Stopped and asked a petite blond if her name was Carla?? Got a “sorry, no”
    Head back to the room, have a smoke and head for the hot tub…gotta be something good going on there, right?? Several people in the tub when we get there…we slip in (watched for the big step and didn’t wear flip flops) and sit down…about 3 seconds later someone says…”Hey, you guys must be Jay and Mikki!” And so our vacation finally began.
    I got talked into trying out the fountain…it was very cold! There were several PDAs and it was a fun night. People mentioned it was quieter than usual but seemed very fun for our first night. We finally hit the sack about 2 am…had been up about 26 hours at that point so we slept in a bit. Got up about 10:30 am…figured we had missed breakfast so we just headed for the beach. Walked down to take a look…all those chairs we saw were full!!! We did end up finding a couple of chairs finally and met up with a few more people. Still didn’t find Carla and Gary. Tried French fries…grilled cheese…and eventually jerked chicken…this became a daily ritual. Thank you to the very lovely lady who saved our chairs for us every day after that!
    Looking around the thing that stood out to me the most was how great everyone was…there really is no way to describe Hedo…but I love that there is no drama. I have never experienced a group of people, (especially people drinking) where everyone is having a good time and there are no judgments or attitudes. It’s wonderful! Yes, by this time we were already planning to come back next year. :0)
    Days blur together and sand gravity is sometimes overwhelming…we finally found Gary and Carla on Tuesday! Just as Jay was getting ready to yell “hey bignlittle!” up and down the beach they said “hey! That’s us” ! A sexy couple with a southern drawl!! We also met up with Juliegirl this day! What a truly beautiful lady inside and out!
    Wednesday we took a trip to Rick’s Café…it was a nice trip with great people. Glad we went but will probably not go again. Thursday we had a couples massage in the spa…this was so fabulous that our only regret was that we didn’t do it earlier in the week! Got to wear most of my slut-wear and we rounded out the week Friday night with naughty school girl outfits…this led to the use of one of the little hidden beds…we fulfilled a lot of fantasies this week…a VERY special thank you to the beautiful blond who made Wednesday night so awesome.
    Lets see…we liked the food (not loved but liked), we found the room to be above average but not 5 star, the bars easily accessible and friendly (without tips even), the people (including our wonderful maid who spoiled us rotten) to be wonderful. We always had hot water, towels, fresh flowers, and extra coffee because she knew we like it. They didn’t leave sheets on Thursday, but I had brought our own material for togas so we were fine. By the way…Carla…your togas were awesome!! We spent about $50 in tips. Take lots of $1 they work well. I put $3 in a slot machine and won $32...
    Were there things that they could improve? Sure…a fan in the bathroom would be nice…more hooks to hang things on would be great too…but given everything else I think people must be pretty spoiled to not enjoy everything this place has to offer.
    That first night and over the next few days we met a lot of wonderful people. Thank you to everyone who made us feel so welcome! Naughty Cupids totally rock and the Bubbly Bares were really cool too! We loved the 4 o’clock bubble lady and my husband bought me the most beautiful blue diamond band to remember the color of the ocean for Valentine’s Day. This was a perfect vacation! Yes, we are looking to come back next year and I guess that is the best reference to a new person.
    I’m sure I’ve left out amazing things that happened to us and I’ve probably driven all the perfect grammar people crazy with my tense changes…I wish we had taken more pictures…maybe next year…we definitely feel that 7 days were not enough and plan to try for 10 next year. Flight home was uneventful except for the screaming children behind us on the plane. Watched the temp drop as we drove home…down to 0 degrees by the time we got home about 12:15am Sunday morning. The DIF is very strong. We hope all our new friends make it home safely!
    ~Mikki

Great report!
    d
    Hedo 2, March 15-23 with the HedoAmigos

"Excellent report." It was very informing and not too long.
    It's always great to read a first timers report as our first time will be in February 2009. Reading yours we'll know better what to expect.
    Thanks

Loved The Report!! You Got Me So Excited For Our Trip In 20 Days!!hedo 2 Here We Cum!!

You need to send this one to Denny at DennyP.com. There is much discussion there about how horrid everything is getting at H2. They could use a breathe of fresh First-timer perspective! Great report! You guys certainly got in the "Ev'ryting be Irie, Mon!" mood.

Hey Tam

I did email it to denny...hopefully it will go up...I know that there has been a lot of talk there...very disquieting to a newbie... we couldn't find any complaints...oh...was that your bacon I was eating???
    ~Mikki

Thanks to all...I know I left out a lot...we didn't place in the slick ass slider competition, but we did have fun...the weather was great, although I think the most beautiful day was the day we were leaving ....grrrrrrr
    ~Mikki

Quote Originally Posted by bakedslightly View Post
    I did email it to denny...hopefully it will go up...I know that there has been a lot of talk there...very disquieting to a newbie... we couldn't find any complaints...oh...was that your bacon I was eating???
    STEP AWAY FROM THE BACON and nobody will get hurt!
    LOL! Seriously, I am the bacon glutton while there...they cook it perfectly...put that and some tomato slices (and scrambled eggs if you are really hungry) in a croissant and it is HEAVEN!

Thanks for sending the report to Denny. He will post it. The thing is that we feel the same way, there is nothing that majorly bothers us about the resort. So many people griping...sheesh...

And for the price compared to other AIs in the area, heckfire...it is a good deal...just in the drinks alone. One Appletini in Vegas is 12 to 18 bucks! A quart-sized BubbaKeg filled with Hummingbirds...I hesitate to think the cost....OH YEAH...if it is on the beach at Hedo....PRICELESS!!!!

We stay at little cottages in Negril after Hedo a lot & they run from $135per night to $200 (the ones we like). This doesn't include any food/drink/snacks/beverages/snorkle trips/scuba diving/shows/piano bar/disco/waterslide/etc and certainly doesn't include a pool or hot tub scene. I don't know what places other people price in Negril, but we've found that Hedo is reasonably priced for what it offers. We love it!!! The naysayers on Denny's are just cranky people I think (god I hope the don't discover 'over here').

Glad you had such a funtabulous time!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rennie69 View Post
    "Excellent report." It was very informing and not too long.
    It's always great to read a first timers report as our first time will be in February 2009. Reading yours we'll know better what to expect.
    Thanks
    When have you booked in Feb? We plan to go back next year too! It's kinda addictive

Jamaican delights are calling our names!
    ~Mikki