Thread: II or III? Help!

II or III? Help!

We are seeing such conflicting reports on which is best. Would love to hear from folks that have been to both. We are definitely going in April, just have to decide which one.

We are fairly new to lifestyle but loving every minute. We like good song, good wine and good fun! Also would like to know more about accomadations, pool, beach, food, etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    R and L.

R & L-

I think since you are into the Lifestyle, you might be better served looking at what groups are going when you are, and to which resort. While there are lifestylers are both resorts, hedge your bet, and find the group you wanna play with, and go where they go.
    NekkidPirate

Hedo 3-
    Apr 2003 -2008
    Oct 2003-2005

Desires Cancun-
    Sep 2008
    Oct 2015

Hedo 2-
    Apr 2009
    Apr 2016
    Apr 2017

N Resort-

Desires Pearl-
    Apr 2013

Come Join Us!!!

We will be at H2 for our first time too!!! April 19-26. We can't wait to experience the whole concept. We love to party, dance and meeting kindred spirits. According to the calendar we are the only ones there that week. Hope you will join us!!!!
    natureboy&chickyp

Wh have been to Hedo 2 three times. and Hedo 3 twice. We found Hedo 3 had a better hotel, because it was newer... but 3/4 of the people were not in the lifestyle. Hedo three is a little more run down, but the crowd is much wilder. I'm not sure i met anyone that wasn't in the lifestyle there. So, it all depends on what your looking for.

Thanks Cinfull. I think you meant II was a bit more run down but more fun? I think we're leaning that way.

Thanks!

Hedo II is definitely an older resort than Hedo III (like 20 years older) & that is obvious from the rooms, though the grounds (at H2) are much more lush & larger & tropical (in my opinion). We've only been to H3 once, but we've been to H2 over 20 times (you can tell which we prefer). I think you'll find a bit of an older crowd at H2 and many many folks in the lifestyle. There are also many people not in the lifestyle at H2. In any case, the people at H2 are really what make the overall atmosphere & party so freaking fun. It's an open, inviting, fun atmosphere...also has some nice pools, fun beach bar, great waterslide & okay restaurants. And the beach has a killer view of Negril & lots of activity with boats, jet skiis, parasailing, etc. etc. The rooms are not so great, but usually overlooked as so much fun is had. The ladies love to dress sexy at dinner....if you think your outfit will be too revealing, you'll almost always be surprised.

H3 has lovely pools, a smaller nude pool, nice nude bar, great quad pool though & rooms. Their waterslide is very fun. Nice enough restaurants. Great bathrooms with big tubs. It's a nice resort. It's been years since our trip & they seem to have a very loyal following now (as does H2) which is wonderful to see. We much prefer the western coastline to the northern as Chris likes to scuba dive & do watersports...which are often not available at H3 because it is more exposed than the western part of the island, Negril (H2).

The crowd at H2 in April is usually a lot of fun & weather is very good. The wine at Hedo is never much good, but certainly better than it has been (undrinkable!). Andre at H2 makes a killer Apple Martini !!!

Hope this helps a little. If you're at H2 April 5-16th, let us know....girls trip starts on the 5th then the husbands join on the 9th...it should be fabulous!!

Liz
    Last edited by chrisandlizvt; 02-14-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: fixing my travel dates...I only wish I was going sooner!
    Liz & Chris

We enjoyed II more, the rooms much nicer at III but really don't spend much time in the room. Love the beach at II, food about the same both places.

I can't compare 2 to 3 since we haven't been to 3 yet but I can say that 2 is fabulous. The resort is absolutely beautiful and we had the time of our lives. What a relaxing fun week. For us, it was all about the beach. This is why we picked 2 over 3. The beach is fantastic. Sure the rooms our a bit dated but who cares? You only sleep (or something else) in them anyway.

We've been to II and III and the edge for us goes to 2. Two has a better beach, and at least the times we've been there, a wilder crowd.
    Bigfunster

after looking through both sites and the pics of both sites weve decided to go to H2 instead of three and the crazy thing is that it was the nicer beach that changed our minds and also the fact that H2 seemed to look alot newer in terms of the appearance etc....
    H3 Feb 10 - 24, 2009 -----

http://www.xceteraquebec.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_2_Trot View Post
    after looking through both sites and the pics of both sites weve decided to go to H2 instead of three and the crazy thing is that it was the nicer beach that changed our minds and also the fact that H2 seemed to look alot newer in terms of the appearance etc....
    Actually 2 is considerably older than 3.