Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scuba Boat Outings

Scuba Boat Outings

How many times a day does the scuba boat go out?

How many trips a day can you make?

How many trips out during a stay can you make?

I believe my husband would sleep on the ocean floor if he's tank had enough air! When you see that lady all by herself, snoring under a palm tree because she's not down there getting attacked by fish... that will be me!
    Chris & LaDonna
    April 25 - May 1, 2009

Dive

the boat goes out twice a day when we where there + a night dive. you maybe able to do two if you watch your dive chart. early dives usual to 80 feet + later dive 30 + or - 10. One tankers.

Looking forward to the early 80ft dive this time. Only did the 25-30 foot one last April, upped my certification over the summer on my own, went to H2 in September, did one 60 foot dive and then tried cliff diving at Ricks. Bad move, one busted shoulder and tail bone later, I was reduced to self medicating in the pool all week.
    And don't worry LaDonna, joan likes to sit on the prude beach and read a book while I dive (unless its really early and shes still in bed, lol).
    Paul....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Wink

Thanks for the info.

Chris is not certified yet and we keep intending to get that taken care of here at home and just haven't done it yet. Still time before we go in May - so we'll get that on his "Honey Do List". I think this might be one item on that list he won't mind.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who both sleeps in and sleeps under the palm tree.
    Chris & LaDonna
    April 25 - May 1, 2009

2 dives a day but only the day dive is included, the night dive costs an extra $50.00 The equipment is in good shape, the only thing you might want to bring are fins and dive boots. The boat captian and divemaster will take good care of you.

Sit back relax and ENJOY

Does anyone know the cost and the time it takes to get Suba Certified at H3?

My cousin and I are alreay PADI Certified. We thought it wouild be cool for out S/O's to get there cert at Hedo. If time permits. Because we also want to do Dunns River or Zip Lining, on our short first time trip.

Please Relpy fast we only have 15 days LEEEEEEEEFT!!!!!!! LOL
    Thinking of going back on June 12th-15th.....2nd Time.

We just got back and for some reason they don't do the classes at Hedo3 anymore, they ship you over to breezes for the classes. You can get the prices from the H3 web site, or check below. The discover scuba is only good for your stay at the resort. And they now do one trip in the morning, with 2 dives. Deep dive first, then relocate for shallow dive.
    Saw alot of new things, dove sunken ship wreck, plane, an old ships anchor, drop off canyons. Saw sea turtles, barricuda, and alot more.
    Paul....
    All courses are P.A.D.I. certifications. We are a P.A.D.I. International Resort Association Member. All Instructors and Divemasters are P.A.D.I. Certified.

Discover Scuba Diving US$70
    Open Water Diver US$320
    Advanced Open Water Diver US$320
    Specialties US$150
    Medic First Aid US$150
    Rescue Diver US$350
    Divemaster US$450
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Perfect. Thanks Cop. I read your trip report and it convinced me to do the dive. Thaks a Million!!!
    Thinking of going back on June 12th-15th.....2nd Time.

swim test???

one of our buddies is a diver and he said "sure you can get certified there" and then he mentioned a swim test.

i used to swim like a fish, so i'm not concerned about staying afloat, etc, but he mentioned something about swimming underwater.

uhhh..NO - that is why i WANT the O2 tank...so i can go UNDER the water.

so what's this underwater swim test??

Since I haven't been.....

I can't comment on how many dives they allow. However someone mentioned in another post that a certified diver can go on the two tank dive (one deep, one shallow) then when the boat gets back, hop on the next boat for another shallow dive (obviously keeping tabs on the dive chart). This being two boat trips back to back - not the night dive trip.

I prefer shallow dives, so I'm hoping to do three a day if the boat return/departure times work out.

Anyone have experience with doing the two boat trips in the same day?
    Note: we are planning H2 in July

They do both dives on one trip now. Deep dive first, then you have your surface time as they move the boat to do a shallow dive. I guess if your just doing the shallow dive, you just wait on the boat until we come up and move.
    Paul....

I guess I am confused. The SuperClubs H3 site advertises a 9am (two tank- deep and shallow) and 11:30 am dive (one tank - shallow). I was informed it was possible to go out on both of these dives. I had thought H2 would follow something similar - especially since a lot of the reviews in these forums indicate the diving at H2 is more reliable (weather related) due to it's location.

I know this is the H3 forum, but has anyone been diving recently at H2? Or at both - do they operate pretty much on the same schedule?

As far as missing the deep dive - no way - I'll dive when ever I can - I just stay up above everyone instead of heading as deep as "allowed".

We are going to HII May 10 to 14 and HIII May 14 to 18. Hubby dives - when we get back we will let you know how it worked out if you would like

Well nothing to be confused about with H3, we just got back and I posted what they do there now. Can't speak for H2. This was different at H3 this year and different from what is "advertised".
    Paul....

Hi all, this might seem like a strange request but here goes. I was certified Padi about 2 years ago and have not really been diving since my exam. I have been tring to get to the quary and play with my bouyancy not really to see anythind just to get alittle more confortable, just haven't had the time with life and kids....

Will the dive master let you take a tank and weights out off the beach just to play around? I am really not interested in taking the refresher course, I remember all the basics and just don't think a pool is going to make me feel more confident.

Thanks
    Tanya

Trip 4 H2 July 31 - Aug 7, 2011 Can't Wait To Go HOME
    AWOL ROCKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast