Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What (if anything) to do OFF the resort?

What (if anything) to do OFF the resort?

This question may have been posted previously, but we're curious what/if anything there is to do OFF the resort? Not that we don't think we'll have PLENTY to do on site, but while in Jamaica for the first time, we're interested in possibly parasailing, boat/catamaran rides, horseback riding on the beach, jet skis, etc...

Do any of you "regular" Hedo visitors have any insight on this? If so, how is the best way to go about booking those things to do, what is the cost, benefits, possible problems, pros, cons, etc...

THANKS ALL!!!!
    xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by kelnjo View Post
    This question may have been posted previously, but we're curious what/if anything there is to do OFF the resort?
    because I'm bored, and because it has been answered previously many times, I'm curious about what the dozens of other answers didn't answer you satisfactorally?

(not wanting to be SUCH a smart ass, but there has been other threads within the last couple days that have answered this, I'm curious what wasn't covered in the search)
    Last edited by CodePoet; 02-11-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Do any of you "regular" Hedo visitors have any insight on this?
    oh, btw.. my standard comment is that if you want to 'See Jamaica', stay in a cheap but nice hotel, and go & explore every day.

Dunns River Falls, horseback riding, shopping in Ocho Rios, coffee plantation tours, Bob Marley house, are all really fun things to do..

If you're going to Hedo, however, maximize the time spent resort & party {you are paying for more than the room & bed}

my $0.02

We are going for 11 days, and plan on doing the Jeep Safari, beach horseback riding, the Thursday Nude Cruise, parasailing and of course, Diving as often as possible at the resort.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Wow.. 11 days would be nice..

If you're staying over a week, then yes.. cleansing the palette of the '24 hour party' might be healthy

We have done the canopy tour thing a few times, as long as you are not afraid of heights it is a blast. Nick is a firefighter, he is also no small framed guy, so he was very care to check out the pullies/ropes and make sure all were new and in good condition. The staff was very good. After 4 years we have not made the Dunns River trip yet, we keep saying we are going to, maybe it seems like too much work once we are there....MAYBE this year. It is your vaction, spend it however you like. DO everything DO nothing....it is all good in Hedo.

Kerry and my talented hubby Nick
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

THe ATV Tour/Dunns River trip is a lot of fun, we did that a couple of years ago.

We always try to go to Ocho for a 1/2 day trip for some shopping and a stop at Margaritaville. We are going the same week as you and have a group trip planned for Wednesday...you are more than welcome to join us!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

When my wife plans a vacation, she's of the mind that we have to 'see stuff and do stuff'
    and we go places with stuff. When I plan a vacation, I want to 'see nothing and do nothing'.
    That's the way that I plan our Hedo trips: sun, sand, sea, and sex - lots of sex.

That said, on our first trip to Hedo we did the Dunns falls and that was worth the effort
    of overcoming the 'sand gravity'. The second trip we did the cat cruise to Rick's for
    the cliff diving and that was also worth it, although that was only a step removed from
    lounging in a pool chair with a cold rum drink in hand. The difference was that it moved
    and my wife got a nice leg message... and I got to watch...

Mike

Unhappy So Sorry!!

Quote Originally Posted by CodePoet View Post
    because I'm bored, and because it has been answered previously many times, I'm curious about what the dozens of other answers didn't answer you satisfactorally?

(not wanting to be SUCH a smart ass, but there has been other threads within the last couple days that have answered this, I'm curious what wasn't covered in the search)
    CodePoet...GESH!!!! Where is all this negativity and hostility coming from? Did I somehow offend you? All I did was ask a simple question. You certainly did NOT have to go out of your way to answer in such an ugly manner. Maybe you did not go out of your way? Maybe that is just "you", I don't know, but I certainly DO feel like you're being a "smart ass".

I thought the point behind these forums was to HELP each other out in a friendly, informative manner? To answer your question ("I'm curious about what the dozens of other answers didn't answer you satisfactorally?")...I scrolled the numerous pages and looked at the thread titles and did not SEE one that asked that question. Being a new member on this site, I assumed that it HAD been asked/answered previously. I apologize!! I promise I'll do my best to READ EVERYTHING on here before I ask a question in the future.

Sorry to waste your time!!

To the rest of you who replied to my obviously silly question...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!! I truly do appreciate you taking the time to answer me, even though it has apparently been asked/answered many times before. All your info is great and we're excited to experience some of that fun while there!! THANKS AGAIN!! xoxo

You might want to hit Marley's grave/estate thing. Pretty cool. There are a number excursions available. It depends on what you want to do. For me Hedo was about hanging out, sun, meetings people, and letting it all hang out. I think if i was there to explore I wouldn't go to Hedo but rather the cheapest place I could find and then spend all day every day exploring that island.

Kevin
    In the words of the venerable Jack Sparrow.... "Why is the RUM always Gone?"

Thx Kevin...and btw...LOVE your Jack Sparrow "quote"!!

CodePoet...GESH!!!! Where is all this negativity and hostility coming from? Did I somehow offend you? All I did was ask a simple question. You certainly did NOT have to go out of your way to answer in such an ugly manner. Maybe you did not go out of your way? Maybe that is just "you", I don't know, but I certainly DO feel like you're being a "smart ass".

I thought the point behind these forums was to HELP each other out in a friendly, informative manner? To answer your question ("I'm curious about what the dozens of other answers didn't answer you satisfactorally?")...I scrolled the numerous pages and looked at the thread titles and did not SEE one that asked that question. Being a new member on this site, I assumed that it HAD been asked/answered previously. I apologize!! I promise I'll do my best to READ EVERYTHING on here before I ask a question in the future.

Sorry to waste your time!!
    umm.. wow.. just wow..

um..
    1.. no negativity or hostility intended, truly sorry if that's how it came off
    2.. no, i didn't go out of my way
    3.. yes, it was a simple question, and yes, it had been answered in so many threads, very recently, that I thought *I* was missing something in your question, hence asking for clarification.
    4.. no, sometimes the TITLES may not match your EXACT question, but usually within the posts, they wander to what the information you are looking for.. this is what the search function is fantastic for.
    5.. no, as stated, you don't need to read everything, but using the search is quite helpful.
    6.. regarding HELPING each other out (and my horrible lack of doing so), please feel free to check out my contribution to this site, by doing a -search- on my name, before sentencing me to execution :P
    7.. again, I apologize for the manner of my request for clarification, and NO it doesn't matter if the same question is asked a dozen times day..

sorry for the miscommunication.
    lets now resume the discussion of the happiest place on earth

This question may have been posted previously, but we're curious what/if anything there is to do OFF the resort? Not that we don't think we'll have PLENTY to do on site, but while in Jamaica for the first time, we're interested in possibly parasailing, boat/catamaran rides, horseback riding on the beach, jet skis, etc...

Do any of you "regular" Hedo visitors have any insight on this? If so, how is the best way to go about booking those things to do, what is the cost, benefits, possible problems, pros, cons, etc...

THANKS ALL!!!!
    xoxo
    Hi KelnJo,
    We'll be there at the same time as you and are looking forward to a great time. We usually get stuck by sand gravity and stay at the resort, but to answer your last question -- there is a booking desk / concierge in the lobby at the resort and they can give you all the information and make all the reservations for off-resort events. I have a list of off-resort events and I'll try to send it to you by email if I can find it.
    Mike and Linda

KelnJoe, just to add our two cents, we didn't go off resort the entire week we were there. We did consider Dunns River falls, but someone (I've forgotten who) left us with a little visual that nixed that idea. And that was 'what if you fall on the rocks and twist or break your ankle when you're climbing the falls'. Granted it's a pretty lame excuse for not going, but then again, we didn't need much help with the sand gravity once we hit Hedo III. It was our first trip and we didn't want to miss anything that happened on the property. Next time, we'll probably venture out. If nothing else, to do a little shopping. Or maybe a nude cruise.
    We love Hedonism II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast