Thread: Snakes, lizards & bugs...

Snakes, lizards & bugs...

Okay, this is something I have not read anything about on here. How are the bugs? Is there many? Are there particular times to avoid going because of the pesty things?

What about lizards? I have heard stories about people in Jamaica (not necessarily Hedo) where they run rampant.

I am not overly concerned about bugs and lizards....but, if I saw a snake anywhere, I would be on the next flight home.

Has anyone ever seen a snake down there? (and I'm not referring to the "trouser" type...LOL!)

Bugs were not too bad in April or September. Didnt see any lizards at H3, but saw some climbing up the sides of the buildings at H2 in September. Didnt see any snakes. Some crabs were walking around the nude pool at H3 after a rain storm one afternoon, lol. They were hiding under the chairs.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Thats about what we saw !!!! H2 did have some no seeums last july at dusk on the beach ...but some off took care of that

Bob and Patty
    We were always taught to share... how well we learned that lesson
    March Madness at Hedo III ...March 14 - 21, 2010. Come join the FUN

March Madness at Hedo IIIhttp://www.4hedonism.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3336&dateline=1194822  307
Your Current Signature Picture
    March Madness Yahoo Group

There are 7 snakes in Jamaica. Out of the 7 snakes, 0 are venomous. I could write a book on this subject, but will not waste space on here. If anyone would like to know more or chat about it send me a private message.

joan said don't forget about the ants in the bathrooms, fire ants on the beach, and the jelly fish in the ocean.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Okay folks, hot tip for the ants .... take some little Equal sugar substitute packets with you and when you find where they are coming in, sprinkle it around and barely sprinkle with a little water ( just flick some off finger tips).....sweetness draws them in and it kills the little suckers.....works great on fire ant hills at home too !!!

Thanks to basstrackermd for alleviating my fears on the snakes.....not a snake fan at all !!!

2 weeks from now will already be on beach sucking down a drink at H2 !!
    Kiki

Jon's Fluffernutters July 11-20, 2014
    Jon's Fluffernutters July 2013
    Jon's Fluffernutters July 2011
    Jon's Fluffernutters Feb 2010
    Jon's Fluffernutters Feb 2009
    Jon's Fluffernutters Feb 2008

One evening when I opened the door to go out to dinner a big gray crab about the size
    of a football was right outside the door. As I stood there and looked at it, it decided
    that it wanted to come inside. I was surprised at how fast it moved and I just got the
    door closed before we had a guest. For about 3 or 4 minutes I heard it scratching at
    the door. Finally, it stopped and when I opened the door I saw it ambling down the
    sidewalk - I guess looking for someone else to invite it in.

Mike

omg, we had similar thing, came back to the room one night naked, and low and behold a pretty large crab right by our door, and he was not scared or inclined to move out of the way, until he went in a crack next to the room and sat there and stared at us, lol.
    Paul....

I haven't seen a snake at H2 that I remember. I see crabs off & on & they tend to startle you because they are so quiet, then move so quickly. There are plenty of adorable little lizards....they're not scary at all...very sweet looking. The kitties like to hunt the bigger bugs & lizards.

Great tip about the ants! Though we haven't seen them at all in our last several trips.

We've been to Jamaica during just about every month and can't recall any one month having more 'wildlife' than any other. Though after hurricanes there tends to be more activity as the little animals/insects have often lost their homes to water.

Have a great trip!!

Liz
    Liz & Chris