Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Jamaica flights cancelled!!

Angry Air Jamaica flights cancelled!!

Anyone else having problems with their Air Jamaica flight being cancelled and/or changed? We have had this happen TWICE now since booking our trip (our trip is 3/31-4/5). Our travel agent says that it's "all the airlines fault" and there is nothing she can do about it except try to get us on another flight. We've already "lost" almost a full day of our trip to Hedo due to the times changing on our flights. AND...she says there is nothing to promise that it won't happen again before our trip!! ARGH!! We just want to get there and have TONS of FUN!!!!

So...just curious if we're the only ones...or if this is happening to "everyone that travels thru Air Jamaica" like she says?

First we have heard of it, have you contacted air jamaica yourself?
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Hmmmm...that's what I was thinking. Something tells me that we're getting "hosed". BTW...GREAT pic of "Kitten" laying on her back on the beach!!

Why thank you, I kinda like that one myself

And she was laying on the catamaran on the way to Ricks Cafe at H2 in September when I took that pic.
    Paul....
    Last edited by CopNkitten; 02-01-2008 at 06:45 PM.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

My only flight on Air Jamaica is out bound. Maybe I will get lucky and that will get cancelled and I will get stuck there.

Lol. Now you sound like us, our flight leaving is NEVER delayed. Everyone else gets to airport and its, oh your flight is delayed so many hours, we barely have time for 1 or 2 drinks at Margaritaville and off we go, back to reality.
    Paul....

Our Air Jamaica flight was cancelled too

Our travel agent has just sent us an updated Itin and we were placed on an American flight, leaving Miami. One good thing is that we arrive about two hours earlier.
    Kris and Gary

Well...at least it's not just us. PHEW!! I was starting to think that we had made a terrible mistake in all this. :-( Our travel agent assures us that ALL Air Jamaica flights are getting changed and/or cancelled. That really SUCKS!!

Glad that you, Kris & Gary, get to arrive earlier. We ended up arriving later and leaving earlier, therefore losing almost a full day of this fully paid for Hedo vacation. Again...SUCKS!!

Kelnjo

I checked some departure times for you out of the Miami airport. There are some departing times for you on American Airlines out of Miami, but I don't know what original airport you are leaving from. Our travel agent advised us that Air Jamaica has re issued our tickets to American airlines at no extra cost. You might make your travel agent work,and see what flights are available to you.
    Kris and Gary:

Hey Kris & Gary ~
    Our travel agent was able to switch us to another AJ flight, out of Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami. The ones out of Miami had MUCH better times, but had layovers in Kingston with plane changes. No good!! Even our travel agent said she would NOT want to have to layover and/or change planes in Kingston. The flight we are on now has a "stop" in Kingston, but we don't change plans and on the way home it's a direct flight out of Montego Bay to Ft. Laud. So...let's just keep our fingers crossed that this doesn't happen AGAIN!!

How cold is it in WA these days?! Brrrrr!!!!

Next time check Spirit Air out of Ft Lauderdale. They are great!!!!! The flight schedules are "Hedo FRiendly" too. We've given up AJ in favor of Spirit and have never looked back.

THANKS for that info, Sunset Bill & Ms Nancy!! Hopefully, we'll love Hedo SO much that we'll book our next trip as soon as we get back. AND...more than likely, we'll go with a different travel company!!

Snowing sideways here!!!!!

Hey KelnJon
    Its about 30 degrees, but it is snowing side ways right now. The roads west of Spokane are at a stand still with snow drifts crossing the state roads. We hope to see you both in Hedo in March. We will send you a email on your email address soon.
    Kris and Gary

Quote Originally Posted by kelnjo View Post
    Hopefully, we'll love Hedo SO much that we'll book our next trip as soon as we get back.
    Be sure to post a trip report when you return so we'll know how things went.

Oh, and by the way, if you have a REALLY great time you can go back with the Jamaican Waterslide Team in September.

Kris & Gary...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! You'll be burning up in Jamaica!! Can't wait to meet you guys...looking forward to your email.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast