Thread: Valentine's Tantra

Valentine's Tantra

Hi All,
    We're new to this forum but not to Hedo. We'll be there February 7-14 and will be offering Tantra classes on the nude beach, 4:30-5:30, from the 9th-13th. Feel free to drop us a note if you'd like to know more. We're looking forward to making some new friends.

Wife and I will be there at the same time. Definitely interested, tell me more.

Valentine's Tantra?

Gary wants to know what in the is a Tantra? O.K. I don't know either, but sure's sounds interesting lol!!! We'll be at H2 2/9 - 2/16, and will be joining or watching one. We're curious...what is a Tantra!

Tantra

Comes from Buddhist folklore .... tantric sexuality is one dimension of a spiritual path that is devoted and dedicated to the challenge of becoming aware, in every moment of our embodied lives, of the supreme flow of the sacred lifeforce itself -- the Sacred Unity of Love.

The practice itself (briefly and simplistically) requires the male to learn to use his PC muscles (the ones used to stop the flow of urine) to delay orgasm. In theory then, can go on for looooong stretches of time!!!!

Tantra is an Indian tradition (it has Hindu and Buddhist forms) that's closely related to Yoga. It recognizes sex as one gateway to having mystical experiences, which is why prolonging arousal plays a part. While Nardia is right that the PC muscles are important (for both men and women), there's far more to it than that. We'll be talking about the philosophy a little, but mostly we'll be sharing techniques for connecting more deeply with your partner, on several levels, and for experiencing more pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by nardia View Post
    Comes from Buddhist folklore .... tantric sexuality is one dimension of a spiritual path that is devoted and dedicated to the challenge of becoming aware, in every moment of our embodied lives, of the supreme flow of the sacred lifeforce itself -- the Sacred Unity of Love.

The practice itself (briefly and simplistically) requires the male to learn to use his PC muscles (the ones used to stop the flow of urine) to delay orgasm. In theory then, can go on for looooong stretches of time!!!!

Well said HedoTantra. I did indicate I'd simplified things in my post; it was hard to guess how deeply you would go into the philosophical, spiritual, and yogic principles in your classes as opposed to physical techniques.

Wish I could be there for them!! Have a great time!

Thanks for your comments and sorry you'll miss us. The hour-long, nude beach setting means we won't go into the history and philosophy very deeply. The philosophy is profound and beautiful, but we will only delve into it to provide context. The classes are designed to be fun and sexy, and if people are inspired to learn more when they get home, so much the better. Even if they're not, we think they'll come away with some useful information and wonderful techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by nardia View Post
    Well said HedoTantra. I did indicate I'd simplified things in my post; it was hard to guess how deeply you would go into the philosophical, spiritual, and yogic principles in your classes as opposed to physical techniques.

Wish I could be there for them!! Have a great time!

Somebody take notes please, we wont be there til the 14.

Quote Originally Posted by bearraven View Post
    Somebody take notes please, we wont be there til the 14.
    Even better. I will draw you stick figures!

interesting

sounds great. interested.
    the hedonist 69