Thread: Hedonism III Trip Report December 2007 with Comparison’s to Hedonism II

Hedonism III Trip Report December 2007 with Comparison’s to Hedonism II

My husband and I are on our mid 30’s and stayed at Hedonism III December 17th – 21st. We stayed at Hedonism II in Negril the last week in August this year, and both agree that both the food and the overall facilities at III are much nicer than II.

Flight:
    Typically I fly Northwest, however, on this trip Continental had them beat for price so we flew with them. It was a very nice change to deal with generally happy employees and to actually be fed on the flight free of charge. The only problem we had was when there was no one at the airport working the Continental counter so you could check your bags when we left the states until about one hour before the flight was scheduled to take off. However, we were able to make it through and arrived in Montego Bay on time as planned with our luggage.

Bus Ride:
    On the trip over they were working on the road which meant only one side was open. With one stop on the way for Red Strip and another later for a bathroom break, with the construction and the traffic, and letting off 20 some people at Breezes first, I believe it took 2 hours from the time we left the airport to when we checked in at the resort. On the way back both sides of the road were open and with 3 stops at other hotels to pick up passengers we made it to the airport in one hour. Very nice trip compared to the bus ride to/from Negril.

Rooms:
    There is no comparison between the rooms at II and III, at Hedo III all rooms are great. At Hedo II only a limited set of rooms are what I would call acceptable and they cost you a lot more $ than the standard room. At Hedo III we had a pool front room in the quad which was very nice. Love the huge tub with the window over it opening to the quad and the mirrors above! The maid was great, room was very clean and satisfying. We did have continuous problems with the majority of the electrical outlets in our room not working, when we called maintenance they said it was the humidity. In the end it was just easier to live with the issues than to hassle maintenance as there was one outlet that I could consistently rely on to work, which was enough for me. We also had a problem were every day after midnight our room key would stop working. After a couple of days you would think they would figure it out and program the right leave date, but this happened to us even on the day of check out. Then there was the constant stream of ringing alarm clocks in the quad every morning too. We considered the electrical issue, the alarm clock chorus, and room key issues to be no big deal, after all you are in Jamaica mon. So we reflect back on them with amusement only, not frustration. Overall the room was great, nice sized, comfortable furniture, clean, etc.

Pools:
    All were what I consider to be cold, which made it rather hard to spend any time in them without first giving yourself heat exhaustion in the sun, then shocking yourself back into health via the pool. Prude pool – very pretty, very cold, always empty, a nice place to sit next to while at the buffet. Prude hot tub – very hot, but did not enjoy it personally, it was up in the top of a stair case by the disco and had a great view of the ocean. Quad Pool – very big, very cold, always empty, a nice place to be if you wanted to be alone or almost alone while we were there. Quad hot tub – very hot, large in size, close to Quad Bar. We have some great memories from our trip in this hot tub. At certain times of year with certain groups when the quad is the place to be this would be a great pool and hot tub to accommodate large numbers of people well. Loved the clothing optional concept so I could do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. Nude Pool – Small in size, very cold, but a great place for a volleyball game or to cool off after tanning or time in the hot tub. Nude hot tub – very hot, large in size, but smaller in size compared to the nude hot tub at Hedo II.

Beaches:
    Prude beach – Nice in size, seldom used, good sand, some limited shade, great for lying out or when you want quiet time. Nude beach – Small in size, good sand, good shade available, there are two piers with chairs over the ocean which were nice to catch a breeze on.

Food:
    Much better than at Hedo II! Buffet – very good, the options just didn’t change much day to day. The food always appeared fresh. The wait staff was very friendly and would actually serve you water, juice, etc. which is something at Hedo II the wait staff was not willing to do. Room Service Continental Breakfast – ordered it one day only and it never showed. Reggae Café – very good, liked the jerk chicken which changed from day to day as the cook changed. Jerk pork, salad, and soup were also good choices. Great view! Munasan – excellent, everything was delicious from the appetizer, to the main course, to the wine! Pastafari – outstanding, everything was awesome from the pasta bar, to the main course, my husband’s was steak and better than we have had at most placed in the states. Desert was great too.

Water sports:
    The first two days we could not go out snorkeling due to the wind. We were able to go snorkeling twice in the four days we were there to two different locations. The best was right in front of Breezes where I was within a few feet of Barracuda. The sail boats and kayaks were always available along with waterskiing and scuba diving.

Entertainment:
    This is the one area where I actually think Hedo II was a step above Hedo III. The disco at Hedo III was larger and nicer, but dead most nights. The piano bar at Hedo III actually had a piano player and some good old naughty karaoke, where as Hedo II’s piano bar didn’t have either when we were there. Nightly shows at Hedo III were tamer than at Hedo II and although the entertainment crew at Hedo III were very nice, they did not seem to be as “into” their jobs as the entertainment crew at Hedo II.

Overall:
    As far as food quality, room comfort, friendly staff, etc. goes Hedo III has Hedo II beat hands down in my opinion. In general the crowd at Hedo III seemed to be about 10-15 years younger than that at Hedo II. At Hedo III most people were in the late 20’s to early 40’s age where as at Hedo II most people were in mid 40’s and above while we were there. I do think Hedo II had a more of a wild atmosphere for the nightly shows, disco, daily activities, etc. so it was my husband’s favorite. Hedo III was plenty fun, just more reserved compared to the time we were at Hedo II, however, my guess is that all depends on who’s at the resort at that time. Overall I would love to go back to Hedo III, I think we would just try to go at a time of year that isn’t so quiet. I am leaning towards our next trip being to Hedonism III in June of 2008 where as my husband is lobbying for Hedonism II in July of 2008. It will be interesting to see who wins…

Many ECs left recently. We were at H3 in July and when we went back for NYE 3 of the ECs had left. The current ECs are nice but the new ones are not a wild and bold as the ones who were there before. The ones who have been there for a while find it harder now most of the original team has gone. Have been thinking of going to H2, been to H3 4 times now. I like the idea of it being wilder.
    When we were there in July the disco was packed every night so it just depends on the crowd that is there when you go.

Blog Entries
    The EC's will get better the longer they are there. I hope. We have had a blast at Hedo III. We have gone twice before and will be going again in Aug. We have enjoyed hedo III so much we are afraid to try hedo II. We don't want to ruin our opportunity for a great vacation. We loved everything about III. Our friends had been to both and they said go to III so that is why we chose it in the first place. I am sure they are both fun, but we are just addicted to hedo III now. Good luck and have fun at whichever resort you choose. If I was betting I would say that you would win the bet over your husband. You have leverage.

We tried both our first year and definetly like H3 better. But it's a personal preference, weve met people that absolutley love H2.
    We will stick with H3, going back for NYE and then our own Group in April 2009.
    Paul + sexy joan....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/