Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report Ten Lessons on Visiting Hedo II

Trip Report Ten Lessons on Visiting Hedo II

Before reading this report here are a few things you should know;
    Date of our Visit: Dec 22- Jan 1, 2008
    This was our 1st trip to Hedo II
    We stayed on the Nude Side
    It was not only a vacation, it was our honeymoon.

If you are reading this, I am guessing you are considering your first visit and trying to decide whether to book your vacation at Hedo II. The reason I say this is because that is what we did before going… read trip reviews, searched on line, and even bought the book. Yes we did our home work and were well prepared…. So we thought.

It took about two years of considering the trip before making the commitment to go to Hedo. The right side of my brain tells me that this preparation and time spent making the decision helped make the experience as wonderful as it was. The left side of my brain tells me that I missed out on two years of potential trips to Hedo. I hope this trip report helps you make the right decision for you.

The first stage of the vacation – always the anticipation. Counting down the days, checking on line for who else will be there during the same week. * lesson one: you don’t need to know anyone in advance, you will meet people there and make friends that may last a lifetime. The bags were packed at least three days before leaving… and we made a couple more shopping trips for supplies to go along with the outfits purchased over the previous two years.
    Somewhere I read, once your bag is packed, remove half of what you have packed…. Then when you think you are ready, remove half again. *lesson two: you are packing too much. We arrived at the airport each with a large suitcase a few pounds over weight. All the weight is not clothing of course. We brought toys, a double mattress, and miscellaneous supplies, paint brushes, tape, scissors, rope, nylon ties, spring clamps (to hold the towels to the beach chairs), CD’s, water shoes, even a miniature Christmas tree. All of these were useful in costume making.

The flight down to Montego Bay was smooth other than a delay that caused us some anxiety over the thought of missing our connecting flight. Once there it is straight to the Super Clubs area which is well signed and easy to find. There is a staff member there to greet you and offer water (not beer). He will ask you which of Super Clubs resorts that you are staying at. *lesson three: this is the last time ever that you will be embarrassed to say out loud that you are going to Hedo II. After a short wait they will lead you to the shuttle to Hedo II. Okay I have to step back for a minute. Several weeks prior to this point while doing my homework I posted a question on line asking whether it is better to take the shuttle or take Tim Air. The advice was “take the shuttle you’ll meet people and it’s a party, plus the road is new and this means faster and better travel”. We of course followed this advice. Our shuttle however ended up being filled with family members which to our relief were staying next door at the Grand Lido. Turns out we were pretty much the only partiers on board and fortunately the driver listened to my lone request to stop for a beer on route. *lesson four: What new roads??? I didn’t see any sign of recent construction. It must have been something to take the shuttle in the past. *lesson five: They drive on the left hand side of the road. The drive is an experience, but one I could have done with out. We took Tim Air on the return and next time we fly both ways. My advice is unless you are flying with a group, take the air cab.

When we finally pulled into the resort, we were greeted by friendly courteous Hedo Staff. We were quickly checked in and shown to our room which was on the oceanside only four down from the nude hot tub. This has got to be the best room location in the resort. Now the room was clean and nice. It is in my opinion comparable to a Knights Inn in the states. If you are looking to vacation in a five star quality rooms then you may be disappointed. The rooms at Hedo II, are for sleep and private (or semi private) sex. If you go expecting someplace clean and comfortable to rest then it is fine. We left small gifts on our pillow each morning for house keeping and we always had a nice clean room and lots of towels. Our A/C worked fine and we were very content with the room for the few hours spent there each day. When we first arrived in our room, we undressed and before even unpacking left any inhibitions we may have had behind, and marched straight over to the nude hot tub. *lesson six: The best thing to do when you get there is get naked right away. It is really true, as hard as it may be to believe, at a place like this you are noticed more being clothed than by being nude. Think of Hedo II as an opportunity. There is absolutely no pressure to participate or socialize than there is in any other place. Yes, there are opportunities but it is 100% up to you to utilize them or pass on them.
    *lesson seven: There are no steps in the nude hot tub. When we ventured out nude for the first time we of course were totally aware of our lack of clothing. But it seemed like only we knew that were nubies and had just arrived. We had prepared and gone to the sun tan solarium a number of times to get some color…. But we instantly fit in…. that is until we stepped into the hot tub. When we stepped down we almost fell forward. There is a hand rail that can assist you stepping way down to the bench seat that wraps around the entire parameter of the hot tub. We were greeted with a “just get here?” when we discovered the lack of steps for the first time. So to recap. Checked in 6:00 PM. In the nude hot tub 6:10 PM. After that is like a dream. The next 24 hours we enjoyed the freedom and the atmosphere, exploring the hammock, the beach, the hot tub, the cave, as well as the many unique features of Hedo II.

We were there for ten days which can never be long enough. Each morning I would get up and put towels out on loungers to save us a space on the beach. Most days we were up early enough to catch the breakfast buffet. It seemed that in Jamaica late mornings or the hottest time of the day where as here in the mid west it is early after noon. *Lesson eight: Bring sunscreen spf 40 for your delicate areas for sunbathing nude.

The buffet at lunch is excellent and we found that we needed a break from the heat by mid day, so we would return to the main dining area for drinks and lunch and watch an participate in the noon entertainment. After lunch it is back to the nude beach or the nude pool. Occasionally we witnessed couples having sex on a raft or in the open, and sometimes it was us. When this type of activity happened it seemed to be viewed with no more notice or received no more attention than a couple kissing at the movies back home. It is difficult to find the words to accurately describe the atmosphere or the freedom you experience at Hedo. Occasionally a tour boat from the other resorts goes by and sometimes stops and encourages a show for its passengers. Hedo guests sometimes oblige and there is almost a feeling of allegiance to the resort like the school spirit we shared back in high school.
    By dinner the pool area quiets down and you have the choice of consistently excellent buffet menu at the main dining area or you can reserve a table at one of three dining areas. We were happy with all of our meals when we were there. Plenty of food and lots of variety.

*Lesson nine: The easiest way to meet people is to participate. The entertainment staff are great at Hedo II. Its not fair to single anyone out as it is very much a quality group but you will certainly get to know Sunshine and Winston. During the day the staff hosts activities ranging from games to juggling lessons, body painting to rock painting. Participate. Not only will you meet people you will be rewards with tokens and prizes that are used for free souvenirs before you leave. In ten days we ended up receiving two bottles of Jamaican Rum plus several souvenirs of our vacation.
    Each night following dinner in the main stage area the same staff entertain you with their impressive talents, singing, dancing, hosting contests and even a very impressive circus show. Following the show some people go to the piano bar and or the disco. Others head to the hot tub, but the pool bar doesn’t reopen until 11:00. We prepared for a theme night each night however the only two nights people really participate is pajama night (Tuesdays) and the infamous Toga Party (Thursday). Both very much live up to their reputations and what you expect from Hedo. If you are going to Hedo for ten nights, try to arrive on a Tuesday and depart on a Friday to get to participate in two Pajama and Toga parties! Other than these two nights of the week we found the disco to be quiet on people and loud on music. The hot tub is always happening after midnight and through the night.

We spent every day at the resort except one, which we went to Rick’s Café. This is almost a must do. You will get a chance to see locals cliff diving, take the plunge yourself if you are brave enough (I did and survived), see great entertainment, and a sunset that draws people to Jamaica. We skipped the organized bus tour and hired a taxi driver. For $40 he took us return trip, found us a great place to shop for bargains and even watched our shopping bags while we enjoyed Rick’s. We wanted to go on the Catamaran tour but it was scheduled for the only day we saw rain.

I am sure that every visit to Hedo II will be unique, and that it is a different experience for everyone. The people that go to Hedo make it what it is. I cant speak for the prude side because we were never there except to venture over nude to take over the waterslide, but the people on the nude side were friendly, respectful and fun to be with. We made friendships that we will anticipate reuniting with on our future visits to Hedo II and friends that will be close to us though out the year.
    On a scale of one to ten; our Hedo trip was totally off the charts. We are already planning our next trip. The only bad experience is leaving, but its not all bad – *lesson ten: that’s the day you start planning to return to Hedo II on your next vacation!

Thanks for the report!!!

I have been wantoing to go to Hedo sense I heard about it. Life got in the way for a while. I figured why not take the plunge now. So, I booked a trip for the end of this month. I, like everyone I have heard from, am counting the days.

Kevin

Wonderful trip report! Thanks so much for sharing your newbie trip. It's always a treat to relive those first moments with someone. If only someone had remembered to tell you to watch your step on the hot tub stairs! The old road was windy & twisty & went through many tiny towns & was not paved. It was quite an experience and then the construction for the new road took about 10 years to complete. The 'new' road is a likkle slice of Jamaican heaven!

Congratulations on your wedding!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

GREAT REVIEW!! We were there at New Year's and missed meeting you although we met Deb and Andy the day they were leaving. I like your comment " The only bad thing is leaving." We were at Hedo in March, returned for December and are planning another March visit! We agree with you HEDO II IS OFF THE CHARTS!!!!

Blog Entries
    Great report. We are H3 folks, but read all reports and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Welcome to the world of the Hedos and the addiction therein...

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

really great report! we are counting down the days until our first trip Feb 9th...this is exactly the type of thing I love to read while I wait...I'm so glad you had a great time!
    ~Mikki

Mike & Tina, great trip report and tips......I was one of the folks that encouraged you to take the shuttle. Sorry that your experiance was a bad one. Yours does not sound like the norm though. Believe it or not, this is the new road, and the other was just a goat's path. We take the shuttle and have had a great time each trip. Not so much on the way back to the airport though, cause you gotta go home. For us, it is a matter of economics, and is it worth the time saving in exchange for the extra cost. Most shuttle rides are good.
    Glad to see you had all of the other great experiances at Hedo 2 that we have had. Maybe someday we will meet down there mon.............
    When you get back from Hedo, reality just slaps you in the forhead............we miss Hedo 2

The shuttle wasnt bad

Hey I didnt mean to imply the shuttle ride over was bad. It was certainly something to see and do but it wasnt what we hoped for which was to start meeting people and partying on the way. The trip wasnt bad but had we flown in we would have been in the hot tub naked two hours earlier!!!
    Mike and Tina
    Commited to Hedonism
    he·don·ism (hēd′'n iz′em)

the self-indulgent pursuit of pleasure as a way of life

Synonyms
    hedonism n.

sensualism, gratification, debauchery, epicureanism; see enjoyment 2, indulgence 3.

Our bodies are stuck here in the MW, but our hearts and minds are at Delroy's.
    Great trip report. My hubby and I were newbies this past November and ditto on the first step into the hot tub. It was a doozy. I made a grand entrance within 15 minutes of our arrival by falling in. But I saved my drink and met the famous Chris Santilli (author of The Naked Truth) at the same time! Sure was an ice-breaker. What a great place. We are hooked and will be going back next November
    :
    Featuring Dick Ballsack & Trixie Cummings
    Triple H Productions

Hedo II
    -Hedo in November 11/2008
    -Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/9/11 - 4/17/11
    -Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/7/12 - 4/16/12
    -Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/6/13 - 4/13/13

First timers!

Hi Guys. Heading down for first time, same time as you guys. Would love to chat before. Let us know! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by twomech View Post
    Mike & Tina, great trip report and tips......I was one of the folks that encouraged you to take the shuttle. Sorry that your experiance was a bad one. Yours does not sound like the norm though. Believe it or not, this is the new road, and the other was just a goat's path. We take the shuttle and have had a great time each trip. Not so much on the way back to the airport though, cause you gotta go home. For us, it is a matter of economics, and is it worth the time saving in exchange for the extra cost. Most shuttle rides are good.
    Glad to see you had all of the other great experiances at Hedo 2 that we have had. Maybe someday we will meet down there mon.............

Dandy,
    send us a PM and we can exchange some info.............
    When you get back from Hedo, reality just slaps you in the forhead............we miss Hedo 2

How long is the Tim air flight and how much was the flight this is also our 1st. at Hedo
    Mike & Diana

The Tim Air Flight is about 20 minutes along the coast... Amazing views as travel and the pilot may even let you fly the plane. Our flight was smooth, and the staff were all professional and polite. I believe I paid about $160 for the both of us and gave the pilot a $20 tip.

While the shuttle is an experience along the narrow winding roads and its free, the flight gets you there faster, generally beats the line up at registration and gets you an extra hour or more each way to enjoy your hedo experience. ...and believe me when you get back you will value every hour you spent there! Good luck and I hope you enjoy your first time as much as we did!!!
    Mike and Tina
    Commited to Hedonism
    he·don·ism (hēd′'n iz′em)

the self-indulgent pursuit of pleasure as a way of life

Synonyms
    hedonism n.

sensualism, gratification, debauchery, epicureanism; see enjoyment 2, indulgence 3.

Thanks for the wonderful review! My husband and I are soon-to-be newbies! Planning our first trip for Jan or Feb 2009. Having trouble trying to decide whether to go to 2 or 3. Sounds like you had a great time at 2!

Great report!!! It brought back memories of our first trip to Hedo II in Nov '07. And I am very excited to say that my wife (who reluctantly went) and I will be returning in 2 weeks!!!!!!! April 26th. It was such a liberating experience that I believe it has changed us for the better in our attitude and approach to life. Any of you not sure about going- just do it and your only regret will be that you did not do it sooner.

Rob & Peggy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast