Thread: Hedo II NYE

Hedo II NYE

Is there a better way to start off married life than a trip to Hedo?? I challenge that there is not!!

After a long day Sunday with prep and wonderful wedding Sunday, we made it to Hedo without delay Monday afternoon. We didn't wait 5 minutes for a bus, then the fun times started. This was the first trip for the both of us, so we were going crazy with excitment.

Made it to Hedo about 6pm and got a drink whil waiting for our room. We liked the room. It was comfortable and very clean. The only thing that bugged me was the tight quarters in the bathroom. No way two people can be in there getting ready at the same time....but how much time do you spend in there anyway??

The New Years Eve party was AWESOME....a bit on the prude side, but still great. Loved the food and the band. It was a packed house (13 rooms overbooked), so that made the dinning room crazy. We didn't make it to disco, and instead decided to check out the nude hot tube, which was in full swing.

The next day was a slow easy day on the beach for us, helped along by Delroys and the grill. We tried to pool, but found it just too cold for comfort. The seaweed took some getting used to and freaked my wife out a bit, but nothing a float didn't fix. We took the shopping trip and Rick's van ride, which was a fun trip with some nice folks from Grand Lido. One note about Ricks...i think it may have been our server, but I have never in my life has such slow service. We waited 45 minutes for our food. I thought the PJ would have some wild stuff, but it was pretty tame overall. We did the disco for a bit, but they were having some sound problems, so we hit the hot tube again in short order.

Wednesday was the nude cruise which we recommend for anyone and everyone that goes to Hedo!! It was a fun trip, and very relaxing trip. The water was clear and the reef was an awesome thing for this Texas boy to see up close.
    We brought an underwater camera(one of the disposable ones) which took some good pictures...I would tell anyone to bring one if they like that kind of stuff.
    Wednesday night found us on the rocky point of nude beach in a chair being very bad under the stars and loving every minute of it!!

Thursday was cloudy with a bit of rain and wind. There was a cold front in Florida that was pushing bad weather our way. We made the fun, trip up the mountain for the Chukka (sp) Canopy tour, a fun, but too short for the money, trip. The little Jerk stand by the bar made some good chicken with awesome beans and rice. We dropped 20 bucks for the fun picture CD of the tour and are happy we did. On the trip back, the driver dropped us at Rhodes Hill for horseback riding. It was just the two of us on the tour, but it wasn't very informative and the weather made it not as fun. We both love riding horses, so that helped balance out our dislike of the tour.

The toga night was a blast. My wife and i both got up onstage for the contest and i nearly died when i found out i had to dance. My wife taught dance in college so she has moves I could dream of, but I'm as white as they come. I stayed up there, even as several guys melted into the background. I made a total ass out of myself and had an awesome time doing it.

Friday we had to be on the noon shuttle, so we were up early for some beach and friend time. We packed and made the rounds saying good. After one final trip to the bar we boarded the bus and headed home.

To sum it up, we loved the people, the beach, island time, just enjoying each other and not having to deal with gawkers. We thought the food could have been better...i know people have mentioned the potates before and I'll say it again...how many different ways can you cut the up and serve them? We would have liked different fruit...melons are nice, but mix it up a bit. The fish was great though, always. We wished the pool would have been the mild temp of the hot tub and the hot tub would have been warmer. We also wondered where the EC's were...we didn't see them until night time and we never saw them doing the events they had listed on the board.

Thumbs up I agree!!!

There is no better way to start the year!!! We were there for Christmas and New Years on our honeymoon and it was amazing. I agree the New Years Eve bash was too prudish. Only a handfull of people dressed in proper Hedo attire. I never thought I'd see so much regular clothing at Hedo. None the less it was a blast. Like yourselves we skipped the disco and went straight to the hot tub!!!

We'll be back again next New Years Eve for certain!!!!