Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drinks!!

Drinks!!

I know I've read about this somewhere on here before, but I don't remember where or even what it said for that matter, so here is another ? about the drinks.

Do they have pretty much whatever you want? I think the last thread said the bloodymarys were not good?

One of the guys in our group is very particular about his drinks and will only drink blue UV or cherry doctor. Has anyone ever had this there or should I tell him to pack his own?

Thanks so much for your help!

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen it there. He should tack his own.

Check to be sure, but I think the maximum allowed liquor for CHECKED LUGGAGE is 5 liters per person. I usually take 10 bottles of wine for my wife.

I wrap each bottle twice in bubble wrap. I put 10 bottles (5 each) in 2 small suitcases. I line each suitcase with beach towels and check one under my name and one under my wifes.

I have done this twice and never had a problem at all. I STRONGLY recommend wrapping it the way I have done before. they are NOT delicate with any luggage.

Also, it's worth it to take them in cheap small suitcases and not with your regular luggage. If one bottle breaks, all of your belongings are trashed.

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

Hmmm...only drinks Blueberry Vodka and Cherry Brandy...I don't know how he gets a drink anywhere he goes! JA has great advice on how to bring bottles via a suitcase...although we use that technique for bringing bottles home! I am sure this guy can find something he will like to drink without bringing his own stash, I have never understood the need to bring your own booze to a place where just about anything you would want is already covered, but to each his own. Half the fun of drinking at Hedo is experimenting with new drinks...and old ones for that matter. My favorite drink there is called "Give Me What's in the Blender" As for the Bloody's, I have had some of the best ever and some of the worst ever there. Trick is to find the bartender who can make one and stick w/ them for the week. Just like here in the states, a Bloody Mary is just as good as the one who made it!!

"Hmmm...only drinks Blueberry Vodka and Cherry Brandy...I don't know how he gets a drink anywhere he goes!"

Seriously, I have never even seen a person drink either of those.

They have Jager, right? A party's not a party without Jager shots. Lemme know so I can supply my own if they don't!

No Jäger either....if you bring some I would bring a small cooler too...nothing worse than taking a shot of warm Jäger.

Thanks everyone for your imput. I don't know how he gets a drink either. I'm a beer girl myself. I am sad about the JAGER though.......I think I am in love with those bombs! I will tell him JAnewbies way of packing them, and if he really thinks he needs his own, that thats what he can do.(Thanks JAnewbies)! I also completely agree with the bloodys. I have only found two that I like. My husband on the other just pours in the spicy stuff and all if good for him. Last time we were in Jamaica I really liked trying all the different things the bartender would make, so I'm sure that's what I'll be drinking as I'm bellied up to the bar the whole week!!

Thanks, will definitely bring some Jager, and I know I'm odd, but I love it at room temp.

NO Jager?????? Looks like i am screwed at breakfest. (Favorite drink in the morning) What kind of Vodka do they have? Do they have Captain, Jack, Jim, or any american drinks?

Try a Dirty Banana for breakfast....way better than a Jäger shot. They do have Absolute and maybe Stoli. Jack and Jim are there also along w/ there Canadian couisin Crown. They do have Tequilia...but it is god awful for shots but not bad in a Margarita. Not sure about the Captain as they are overly stocked with Appletons and that is my fav rum and all I ask for. If you like rum make sure to ask for the "Estate" or "Reserve" Appletons..some of the best rum ever. When ever we get a bottle here in the states I refer to as a bottle of Jamaica Sunshine!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

I can't believe they have the canadian cousin. Crown Royal that is. I think i might as well apologize for my actions now. Crown royal, MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
    Married @ Hedo 3 Jan.11 / 2008

I dont know what it is, but for some reason I like to start my day with a shot or two of Jager..... 6mon 2 days till hedo.......

Meeooow....looks like someone has been very good this XMAS! What were we talking about...oh ya booze! You would be surprised how popular Crown is here in the south. Ever had a royal flush? Take a gatorade cooler, fill it with ice, pour in one 5th of Crown and one 5th of Peach Schnapps. Add equal parts of SunnyD and cranberry untill the mixture is just turing from orange to pink. Add shot glasses and people!! Oh and no need to apologize...what happens at Hedo...stays at Hedo!!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Is it called a royal flush because of the way it looks, or where you spend the next day (on the royal flush)?
    Paul....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Anyone ever had a MJB(made in Jamaica Baby) at Hedo? When we were at Sandals a few years ago it was my favorite drink. Very well could have been a signature to there, but just wondering?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast