Thread: February '08

February '08

Just kicking off a thread here, curious as to who's going that month.

As some of you know, I have some unused credits from H3x3 {sigh}.

My Feb dates aren't locked in, but was curious if anyone else's have been.

This will be my 4th hedo & 6th jamaica trip.

w00t.

we going ...we going ...we going in February 08 for some and maybe some ...and possibly some

Quote Originally Posted by hip hip View Post
    we going ...we going ...we going in February 08 for some and maybe some ...and possibly some
    any sex though?

Why, are you offering? )

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hip hip View Post
    Why, are you offering? )
    not saying yes.
    not saying no.

I got the dates locked.. 2/23 - 2/29. (yes, leap year & all)

this is the first time I've ever booked < 29 weeks in advance...

w00t

First Time

This is our first trip to Hedo or Jamaica. We're arriving Feb 24th until Mar 1st. Looking forward to getting away from the snow for a while.

First timer info

Quote Originally Posted by NewIn08 View Post
    This is our first trip to Hedo or Jamaica. We're arriving Feb 24th until Mar 1st.
    Very cool.. as first timers, I'd strongly advise you to search this site for packing tips. (what to pack, what not to bother).

My advice, on record, has been to go the minimal route.

I go to hedo, and vacation in general, to 'un-plug'. No laptop, no blackberry etc. As such, since it's primarily a nude resort, I don't bring any clothes to wear daily. Obviously bring what you're comfortable with, but you definitely don't need shirt/shorts/undies/socks per day.

This is usually my minimal hedo packing list:

clothing:
    T-shirt for trip home (can be ditched if buy 'this years' at the gift shop)
    undies for trip home
    funky pj's for pj theme night (can double as 'bare as you dare' night)
    safety pins & accessories for toga night
    pareo (wrap) to wear as 'bottoms' for breakfast in the main buffet area

at this point, most females chime in with 2 steamer trunks full of sexy wear, YMMV

stuff:

sunscreen: obviously. many bits haven't seen the light of day. nothing squelches fun like a sun burned nether region. I'm tall, dark & nerdy, so i usually use 15 all over, and 30 on face. YMMV

insulated mug: I've been with a 20 oz, and I've been with a 64 oz, and I gotta say the sweet spot is somewhere in between. As attractive as it is to have a gallon of rum & coke at arms length, it's a hassle packing, and usually you crave something different before you finish it. (remember when you're there to alternate between booze & water, so you don't get dehydrated, and limits your downtime at the happiest place on earth)

ziptop bags: a handful of gallon size & quart size will come in very handy for dry stuff you don't want to get wet & wet stuff you don't want to get all over the place

badge lanyard: available at office depot or staples. since the room 'keys' at hedo are the hard plastic card things, and since you probably won't be having any pockets, this is the easiest way of holding onto your room key

safety pins: good for last minute theme night wardrobe corrections

singles: though the resort has no tipping policy, the bus there is normally tippable, as is the bus back, and if you wander outside the resort, you'll want small bills. i usually bring $30 or so in singles. $60 or so in 20s
    If you plan on doing massive shopping (and subsequently declaring at customs.. RIGHT??) don't forget to bring cash or check for that.. google for the proper % blood money.

dramamine: if you do anything boat-wise (nude cruise, scuba diving, etc), you DON'T want to be sick..

which brings me to over the counter pharmaceuticals: i spend (somewhat) hard earned money going to hedo.. i don't want anything like headache, nausea, the runs interrupting fun time. i have about a dozen 2 oz screwtop travel bottles, labeled & filled with Exedrine, Tylenol, Ibuprofin, Pepto, Tums, Imodium, and so on. it's saved a vacation dozen times over. better safe than sorry.

flip flops: it can be slippery, and some of the walkways aren't to friendly to your bare feet.

waterproof stuff: there are a few companies that sell cool waterproof cases for things like iPods, cellphones, ciggs etc. otterbox is one that I've bought/used with much joy.

extra duffle bag: folded up going there, unfolded & filled on way home. much better than cramming your suitcase to overflowing.

pool toys: on one trip, someone brought a "regulation" sex toy , i tend to bring beach balls. (last trip was a 3' variety) always fun for impromptu nude volleyball. they pack thin, and you can just leave them there for the next group to enjoy.

camera stuff: taking random pix in the nude area is not kosher (unless pre-approved by all visible parties), but I do take my fair share of "destined for wallpaper" pix. bring extra batteries, any rechargers, invest in ONE 4 gig memory card, so you don't have to fumble for swapping, and so on.

----------
    being there-

It's always nicer calling home, for what ever reason, via your own cell phone.. coverage is pretty spotty- usually I have to go by the tennis courts. text messaging usually always goes through, though..
    Many carriers tend to lock out international calls, for fear of black-market phones getting smuggled out, so be sure you call your cell phone company ahead of time, telling them that you will be using it in jamaica.
    Otherwise, you'll have to call them from the resort, to unlock it, and that requires deposit, and knowing the damn 800# to call.

Along those lines, it's also advisable to let your credit card company know that you're gonna be spending money out of the country.

If you're on a shopping spree, you really don't want to be declined..

---------
    Other stuff in Jamaica-

This will be my 7th time there, over the last 19 years. Because it is hedo, I don't leave the resort. Infact, I barely leave the nude pool

However, there are some very fun things to do outside the resort.
    Dunns river falls is a blast (google for more info.. there's a lot of pictures posted on the web), Ocho Rios has some excellent shopping - jewelry etc. There are also many coffee plantation tours too that are cool.

-----------
    Generic travel tips:

Leaving behind ankle biters:
    If you are married con niņos, be sure you leave medical insurance cards, "what to do if you croak" instructions, etc. with the caretakers of the kids. ER visits would really suck if treatment wasn't available when you're out of country.

I have a half dozen or so plug-in timers that i put lights on & such, some random type, some programmable, so that the routine of lights on & off matches as close to reality as possible.

Stop your paper. most papers can do this on the web
    Stop your mail. USPS.com can do it on the web too

Talk to your neighbors. I always do the "I'm not planning on moving, so if you see a moving van emptying my house, call 911" with the neighbor across the street.

Well.. that blew an hour.. closer to hedo by the minute

Good advice

Wow, CodePoet. Thanks for all of that info. This site sure was a good find.

Quote Originally Posted by NewIn08 View Post
    Wow, CodePoet. Thanks for all of that info. This site sure was a good find.
    My pleasure.. And when you come back, you'll have your own version of the list that you can pass on to the next people who ask

That's the beauty of this place..

74 days.

had to get that out of the way.
    it's Monday after all..

60 days, 16 hours and 12 minutes he he he
    ~Mikki

[QUOTE=bakedslightly;27699]60 days, 16 hours and 12 minutesQUOTE]

love the nick. bummer that the time is not coinciding.
    have fun

We are going Feb 9th-17th...can't wait for our trip home. We also travel with the Jamaican Runaways group. It is not a lifestyle group; however, some of the members are in the lifestyle. Last year we had 64 couples travel with us. Only requirements for membership is to overlap at least 3 days of the Official Jamaican Runaways travel dates of Feb 7-17.
    SandS
    Jamaican Runaways
    Feb 7-16, 2009

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Jamaican_Runaways/