Thread: Trip Report August 6-13

Trip Report August 6-13

We had a GREAT time! Met a lot of nice people. Ate too much (diet time) and drank way too much, missing my Bloody Mary's in the morning. We had tons of sex too, but it's never enough.

Okay...we did have a great time, but not without some glitches along the way. Flight was uneventful. Getting through the Jamaica airport going there was not a problem, until we get to the Superclub area waiting to check in. We were told that Hedo 3 had overbooked and we would be going to Grand Lido Braco for the night. We weren't happy, but nothing you can do about it...at least we had a place to stay. Grand Lido is beautiful. Everyone was very nice, but it took nearly 3 hours to get our room because they didn't know we were coming. There were also 4 other couples experiencing the same thing. So we get our room, take a nap and then get up, shower and look for dinner. Lets just say GL is not anything like Hedo. Everyone was dressed for dinner and my husband and I were in our shorts and tank tops. Oh well...had dinner and the best part of the night was finding the nude pool. We had a great time there and we were all alone. I especially liked the jets in the pool, if you know what I mean.

Next morning we were up and ready to head to Hedo. Bus came at 10 and we all were ready for our real vacation to start. We get there and find out that our pool front room in the quad isn't available that day and we were down graded to another room for yet another night. Not happy since we booked this trip 10 month earlier, but at least we were at Hedo. Of course, we had to wait 2 hours for this room to be ready. It's a drag carrying around your purse everywhere. When our room was available we were also told that a pool front room would be ready for us the next day. We also had a meeting with the manager scheduled for later that day. She couldn't have been nicer. Very sweet and really felt bad for everything that had happened. For our trouble she gave us 3 complimentary nights for our next visit. So I guess this means we'll be going back next year! From that point on everything was perfect, except for the weather. It rained for about 3 days off and on. It really didn't matter...we were loving life.

Now the week is over and it's time to go home. We were ready for the bus to take us to the airport at 8:00. It came right on time, but it took about 50 minutes to get out of there which put us at the airport a little late. The line for Delta was sooooo long and it took quite some time to get through. Our flight left at 12:40 and we were finally done with everything by 12:05. I think next year we're going to look for a straight flight on Air Jamaica. The manager at Hedo told us about it and it sounds much easier than what we've been doing.

All in all...a wonderful time and we're looking forward to going back next year. My plan, less food, same amount of booze and much more sex. Also, situps....I hate situps, but I'm going back with a much firmer stomach.
    Life's hard....go to Hedo!

Blog Entries
    Glad you had a good trip. We had the same problems with Delta flying out on the 11th. The lines did not stop at MBJ either and we ended up missing our connecting flight in Atlanta due to baggage delays.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

OK This scares me. I have been reading the board since we booked for March 2 next year. I have seen several talking about being bumped from their room. I am an old fogie and I have never heard of being bumped from a payed for room. Is this something that Hedo does? What if you are not planning on returning, what good is a 1-to 3 day voucher? How often does this happen, and what is your recourse? By the way I checked the schedule and there is no one on it for our special vacation 3-2-9-08.
    Last edited by Beach; 08-16-2007 at 04:36 PM. Reason: missed spelled words