I’ll start of by stating that it was another great trip. This was our third trip total and our second trip with Cocktails International. Last year, by the second day, we were saying it was the best trip ever. We said the same thing by the second day again this year – best trip ever. I love how they just keep getting better. Getting back together with old friends was great – it was like the year in between trips disappeared and we all just picked up where we left off.

I’ll get the few complaints out of the way first …

Damn! we miss Glen!!! The Piano Bar just did not cut it. I am trying to give the new guy the benefit of the doubt and give him time to develop his own style, but I just don’t think he has the personality to be a good Hedo Piano Bar player.

We really missed the trapeze. Knew it was gone, but still sad. They need something else there – not like the prude beach really needed to be any bigger.

We were even more disappointed that there was no pole in the disco – crushed! Laura has even been practicing. I hear they are getting new ones for down on the floor – either way – we want the pole back!

The soda/ice machine at the buffet worked the first day, then was broken the rest of the week. Not a big deal, just had to get my morning water and Dt. Pepsi at the bar – I just hate bugging the bartenders for stuff I should be able to get myself.

There were a surprising number of people getting sick this year – not sure what caused it – but there were a lot of people stuck in their room (and not for fun reasons)

Flights:
The trip down was uneventful. The immigration lines were backed up into the hall, but it cleared out quickly and we got through in a reasonable amount of time.

The trip back home was abysmal – suffice it to say we will avoid Delta if at all possible, and if not, we will at least make sure to have LOTS of spare time.

The Staff:
Many of the ECs were on vacation the beginning of the trip, and the rest of the trip they were much more subdued than usual – did not see them around much. I thought the waitstaff and bartenders did a great job. I was worried about service since the resort was 100% booked – but we never had any problem getting anything we needed. We are very patient when on vacation and expect things to take their time, but never even felt like I had to wait for anything. Serena always saw me coming and took good care of me (I think she was trying to get me drunk though  )

The People:
This is what it is all about for us. We had a big Cocktails International group this year compared to last year. We loved seeing so many of our old friends and meeting many new friends. Names omitted to protect the wicked:

J&D: As usual, thanks for being great hosts and making sure everyone always had a great time. J – you can call me over with that “come hither” look anytime.

K&N: Great seeing you guys again. Thanks for the advice, and we will do our best to fill your shoes.

T&N: We are glad we got to meet you guys. Wish you did not had to leave so early. T – THANK YOU for being such a corrupting influence.

J&K: Having such great friends who we are so comfortable hanging out with is what makes Hedo so great. J – Thanks for the great kiss

V&G: You guys were so fun to hang out with – thanks for the snorkel trips. V – Great transformation from newbie to vet – you made us proud.

B&M: You guys are always a blast. No one gets the party going like you guys. I can’t believe that we missed so much – the stories and pictures help though.

D&E: So great to talk to you guys. D – I love the look on your face as you get the flashbacks remembering snippets from the night before.

J&D: You two were always having a good time and fun to hang out with. J – I don’t think I ever saw you without a smile.

L&B: We did not get to talk as much as we wanted – but thanks L for the dance Friday night – and I am glad that at least once I got to have you and Laura come running to me.

And to all the other Cocktailians – thanks for making the group what it is. With such a great, diverse, group of people we can never find the time to hang out with everyone we want to.

Miscellaneous:
We did not play much volleyball this year. The nude pool was too busy most of the time and we only made it over to the quad a few times.

There were a surprising number of people on the prude side this year … in the pool, beach, etc … it was like some weird parallel universe Hedo

The naughty gift exchange was a blast … note to self – next time pack AAA batteries in case you win something really great that the hot wife wants to try out right away …

We hit a new personal record of 21 back to back, 2am, haul ass up the stairs, water slides. We just plan to add one each year. T&N joined us this year. Get ready for 22 next year you two…

Munasen was great as usual, second time we went was better than the first, but they both were great. Munasen is always one of my favorite meals. We ate at Pastafari twice. I enjoyed both my meals, Laura did not care for the lobster linguine though. Both times we enjoyed the opportunity to dress a little nicer, sit back in a quieter environment and enjoy a bottle of wine with friends.

Yet again we did not get off the resort. Snorkeled twice – does that count?

We enjoyed a great Thursday night with J&K and V&G on a clear, moonless, starry, night out on the nude pier watching a meteor shower with lightning off in the distance. Too bad we found out the next day that we were all thinking the same thing and no one acted on it …

Friday night glow was a blast – we had a great time throwing all the glow on the bed and getting everyone all decked out. The piano bar and disco were all lit up that night. Cocktails was in full force!

There are several things we had never done before this trip that we swore we would do.
1.) Lunch at the buffet – did it twice this trip – from now on need to walk by and see what they have before committing. Turns out we picked the wrong days.
2.) Check out the upper deck at the quad. For some reason we had never been up there. After the party started in the quad hot tub Friday night we remembered our commitment to make it up there so we moved the party to the upper deck. Thanks for the memories – you all know who you are… Made for a great last night.

In the end we spent another 7 days in paradise with some of the best people on the planet. I could never ask for a better vacation. Although, while we were able to check off several private fantasies … neither of us got to check off the fantasies we put in the book – guess there is always next year.