Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newbie questions

Quote Originally Posted by Uniflip View Post
    This practice really annoys me too, the Germans are the worst for doing it (not racism, just true ) I have vowed to my partner that he will not have to get at the crack of sparrowsfart (5am) just to get me a seat in the shade for 6 hours later.

Nope, this time I will choose my empty seat, pick up the towel, mini room or whatever is on it and yell "Hey, who's is this? can i sit here?" and if i get no answer, i'm sitting. If they come back i'll explain and offer it back to them. No harm done.

(and you never know - they might take the ****ing hint!!)
    Bravo! I say let's start a revolution to OUST THE BEACH LOUNGE SQUATTERS!!
    IslandGirl
    MY credo: Warm sand+blue water= lovin' life

Blog Entries
    I did not see anyone answer your question about vendors coming on site. Yes, they do. There are ppl set up on the patio every day. That is where we buy all our gifts to bring back home to people so that we don't have to leave the resort to shop (no time for that).

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Quote Originally Posted by sabinaandscott View Post
    We've used laondry service, generally takes 2-3 days Jamaica time, so be carefu; if you send stuff out near the end of the trip. In Jan. Water was available at the nude bar..filtered from pop machine to the left. Ice was available in the machine just fill your mug and away you go.
    Power is 50Hz, 110V. In the states we use 60Hz so anything with a motor will run slower like a razor or hair trimmer or heaven forbid a plug in vibrator.
    Damn I hadn't thought about the plug in vibrator thing, no wait ours is just rechargeable so it should be fine. Whew I was worried there, LOL.
    Dave and Carolyn Jamaica Gemini's
    Because everyone has a naughty twin that comes out to play at Hedo!
    Oct 30th - Nov 7th 2009. Kink Week and Wild Women's Week.

Quote Originally Posted by JnBluvhedo3 View Post
    Just an old book? lol.. hell, some of these people set up custom monogramed towels with clips, alarm clocks, various sun lotions, books and towels. I dont mean some, I am talking ALL of these items, like a mini room!

One couple from Texas on a previous trip used to put 3 towels on each her and her husband's chair and fold them over so it was sort of a cushion. Then they would come back around noon.

Most just set up a towel and sun lotion and or/book.

It especially bothers me that as I sat at the pool all day, I saw numerous chairs with towels that never seem to have anyone there. But to be respectful, no one disrupts them. For the most part my wife was sitting and reading while I spent the day IN the pool, so whenever I saw people who couldnt find an open chair, I gave them mine. No sense is me having one if I spend most of my time in the water.

Sorry if I am ranting, its just that I hate this habit. But as I said, this trip we had to do it too. the resort was sold out and the one morning I counted 40 chairs being reserved while 2 people were in the pool around 930AM. I wanted a chair.

Ok I will chill.

J
    I have to say I do go out WHEN I GET UP and get a chair then go eat but i'm in my chair most of the day.
    If i'm going in to nap or going to do something that will take me away I will pick my stuff up so others can have the chair.
    I hate the chair thing to but what can you do? it is something that hedo lets people do.
    Sometimes we have two or three people useing our chairs.
    CJ and Rebelwolf
    AKA Carolyn and Dave

www.wildwomenvacations.com

We are usually in the pool most of the day anyway (when we did our first trip to H3), just plopped our stuff near a chair (suntan lotion, etc). Nothing too valuable, since you don't need money, so no worries about it, lol.
    Paul + joan....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Uh oh. I see a chance to have a little fun now....lol

Yes me and my sick mind, I will take am move the markers...lol. Just swap them around. Nothing bad like from one pool to another, but mix and match a group...lol

Yeah, I know, bad, evil, mean, I shouldn't do it. But it sounds oh so fun
    If you never take the chance to be wrong, you never have the opportunity to be right.

http://www.darksidev2.com/hedo...Days of the DAMNED !!!!

This is all really good to know. Exactly one month from today we'll be parking it poolside! And we're early risers too, so we'll be the ones who are actually out there by 9:00 am

It's funny that we ALL seem to loathe the lounge chair squaters, yet it is a common practice there. Let's just make it a point to challenge this practice. I like the idea of spotting an apparent "resevation", then asking VERY LOUDLY if anyone is sitting here. If no response, then one should make a big show (while still the center of attention) of flinging all the offending "stuff" (embroidered towels, alarm clocks, etc) into the bushes!

We have the power to stop this practice! WHO'S WITH ME?
    Mikey and Diane

I'm definitely in! This is going to be great!
    IslandGirl
    MY credo: Warm sand+blue water= lovin' life

LMAO - lets see who else we can get.. want to start a new thread?
    Next trip - Hedo II Feb 2022,

Nov '07 '08 '09 '10 '15 '19 - with Wild Women & Kink in the Caribbean, I miss Hedo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dwellers View Post
    It's funny that we ALL seem to loathe the lounge chair squaters, yet it is a common practice there. Let's just make it a point to challenge this practice. I like the idea of spotting an apparent "resevation", then asking VERY LOUDLY if anyone is sitting here. If no response, then one should make a big show (while still the center of attention) of flinging all the offending "stuff" (embroidered towels, alarm clocks, etc) into the bushes!

We have the power to stop this practice! WHO'S WITH ME?
    VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!!!
    If you never take the chance to be wrong, you never have the opportunity to be right.

http://www.darksidev2.com/hedo...Days of the DAMNED !!!!

As dave and cj can vouch... I am a chair squatter. I dont care whos chair it is or how long they have been saving it. I pretty much plant my ass down where I happen to be talking to someone. I have never had any one get mad or even ask me to move. I think its because most people just save a chair in case they get to drunk to move. and have a place to pass out. Cj does use her chair. but so do I and everyone else who knows her.

I know when the wild bunch had personal towels.. It didnt bother me a bit to sit on a chair "Marked" and if they said something to me I just smiled and said you werent useing it.. In fact you havent used it all week. and that was that.

Oh you can get your hair braded on the resort at the spa.. and some of the venders will do it to. if you go to Ocho they will do it at the straw market. $1 a braid but be specific on how much you want to spend cause it can run you $70.00 if they braid it small. (i learned that in the bahamas.)

Oh all the vendors will say today is the only day I will be here. and you see them 2 days later. There is one wood guy who always has a jamaican hat on he is sooo nice. But I am brain dead on his name right now.
    Shell and Dougiestyle.
    need more now! Next trip I'm going to have sex Im going to have it often and more of it.. really I am. Man do I have

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12