Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rude people at front desk

We went to Hedo 3 last August. The resort was overbooked, found this out at the MB airport, and spent our first night at Grand Lido. When we got to Hedo the next day, our poolfront room that we requested, 10 months prior, wasn't available so we were downgraded. By the 3rd day we got our room.

Okay...a bit of a pain, but you go with the flow. Because of this, we got a voucher for 3 free days which we will use next August. The whole staff couldn't have been nicer. They would even come by and make sure everything was going well and we were happy.

All in all, a great time. I just hope next time, it doesn't rain, it rained quite a bit when we were there last time, and there's more hot water.
    Life's hard....go to Hedo!

This has been said before, but: Hedo is not a 5-star resort. I don't go to
    Hedo for hot showers or 5-star dining. Don't go there if that's what you want.

My wife and I have been to 5-star places. They're really nice and you (usually)
    get what you pay for, but guess what? You can't snooze naked on the beach
    all morning, grab your Significant Other and wade out into the waste deep water,
    wrap her legs around your waist, and make love to her, and then wrap a towel
    around your waist and go to the buffet for lunch. Then after lunch, lose the
    towel, and go and float naked with 50 of your new best friends in the pool, also
    naked, drinking all kinds of rum drinks, maybe play some bocce ball naked, or
    go and see if you can make the biggest splash (or the loudest scream) at the
    water slide (still naked). Then grab you S.O. again to make love on a rubber
    float in the shallows, before going to get into your naughty pj's for a night of
    dancing and drinking until the early morning hours - again with all your new
    best friends. And if you can't make to the early morning hours, you and your
    SO can top off the night with some monkey love in the hottub (probably with
    only 10 or 12 of your new best friends doing the same thing only a few feet
    away).

And then grab a couple hours sleep before getting up the next day to do it
    all over again.

(Of course, substitutions are allowed and millage can very.)

Mike
    Last edited by zed; 12-02-2007 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwoods4163 View Post
    I wasn't sure of how to reply to your message not knowing if you are educated enough to read. Most educated people don't have to respond with quotes like that. I own a bussiness, and don't get to vaction much, so when I do, I like to go somewhere nice, clean, and what pay for. I didn't expect rude people, dirty towels, bad A/C, bad food, and to top it off, I didn't get my suit. Maybe I'm alittle spoiled, maybe alot. I'm sure you have a great time, because its all you can drink.
    LOL, maybe she can't read but you hardly seem educated enough yourself to complain about others.
    Last edited by Philly Dave; 07-30-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Philly Dave
    Jamaican WaterSlide Team
    www.jwst.com

Hedo II September 12 - 19, 2015

Hedo II 1990, 1991, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Hedo III 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009

We didn't have any problems at hedo. every staff member we met was fantastic. I'd say they were all 5 stars just cuz they all liked to help us party like we wanted to party.

I do think though that if you have a pretentious attitude then you're gonna get attitude. Everyone is there to have a blast. Relax, enjoy yourselves. Keep the attitude at home. You're at Hedo to have fun.

If you want 5 stars, go to Sandals and lock yourself up with in a suite because anyone who gives attitude at hedo is going to get stared at and hated quickly.

Peace / Love / Hedo.

Hedo II - 20 - 27 July 2011 - Hedo II, The Naughty Side.
    Hedo III - 24 - 31 July 2010 - Hedo III, Part Deux.
    Hedo III - 26 - 31 July 2009 - Popping our Hedo Cherry.

We in the Caribbean are a very easy going and laid back people, and that often translates into our work habits. We are not "Type A", for all the "bussiness" people out there, so don't be surprised to wait 5 mins for something you would generally have in seconds back home.
    OK, so some folks maybe were rude, but ya know, which of us/you don't get grumpy when work is coming at you fast, or you didnt leave that problem at home....
    A genuine smile and thankyou will usually warm up the staff to you anyway, and from there they will probably remember your name, if that's the kinda service your looking for.

So to everyone reading, please don't let one guy's experience spoil a beautiful adventure for the rest of us.

Keep it irie, keep it sexy.
    Aldric[/QUOTE]

I totally agree Aldric and want to add when work is coming at you fast from smiling patient people, it is a pleasure to serve. When the people are rude or grumpy you as a server have to work even harder to not only get the drinks etc out fast but to look like you're having fun doing it! People need to learn what Irie is, heck I need to remember myself from time to time! It's not about receiving a service, it's about BEING content.

This thread was 3 years old, and started 5 years ago.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    This thread was 3 years old, and started 5 years ago.
    Cop..
    I'm not even sure how I stumbled upon it. DIF and winter blues has me spending too much time on this site. I really like what Aldric had to say. So the post is old... Is it only cool to comment on current posts?

*Front desk staff at Hedo are polite and fabulous*
    I see that replying to that old thread brought up a point of view that I actually disagree with. My spouse and I arrived just before the dinner buffet closed and we were so hungry and the wonderful lady at the front desk actually let us go eat before checking in.

No you may post on anything you want, but comparing the front desk staff of today from 3-5 years ago just has no validity.
    Now if someone has a complaint about them recently or reviving an old post to ask about recent problems, make more sense.
    Especially with new owners and all the changes recently.
    So anyone have any problems recently with the front desk staff?
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345