Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst vacation ever

I always find it interesting when someone complains about Hedo on a forum like this. Like Moore pointed out the isuuses that "ruined" his vacation are not secrets. They show up from time to time in the threads. And nobody tries to make anyone believe the place is perfect. Okay stuff happens luggage gets lost, overbooking hapens, stuff breaks, etc.

Here in the states electric door locks suck, I've had noisey A/C units, been to restaurants and gotten meals that were not great, etc. I have never had as much fun hanging around a group of people as I have at Hedo, so I go back there.

As far as the room and food I think you get what you pay for. The three star rating is pretty accurate.
    Dave and Carolyn Jamaica Gemini's
    Because everyone has a naughty twin that comes out to play at Hedo!
    Oct 30th - Nov 7th 2009. Kink Week and Wild Women's Week.

Well said Rebel, it is a 3 star place and that is that and for an all inclusive place for 75 quid a night a night it is wonderful value!!

Quote Originally Posted by A+J View Post
    Well said Rebel, it is a 3 star place and that is that and for an all inclusive place for 75 quid a night a night it is wonderful value!!

Agreed......right on.....you give up that "4 star" feel for the chance to hang around naked all day and night with a great staff and friendly people from all walks of life......
    I'll take that ANY DAY.......so leave the "hahhhvard tie" at home...check your attitude at the door...and have fun dammit!! If you have to be FORCED to have fun...then you definately chose the wrong resort.........
    **Is there a method to my madness....or a madness to my method??**

Blog Entries
    How funny... when we booked our vacation, I never even LOOKED at how many stars the place got. I never even asked what kind of food... didn't care. All I knew was that it had a nude beach, nude pool, unlimited food and drinks and a disco that stayed open real late. This is the first time I have heard it referred to as 3 star...

Am I just to easy to please???

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

Registered User BLKCPLEJUSBROWS's Avatar
    we just got back last night also ,we thought it was great not perfect but then again what is?we will post a trip report and some pictures soon

Quote Originally Posted by JAnewbies View Post
    How funny... when we booked our vacation, I never even LOOKED at how many stars the place got. I never even asked what kind of food... didn't care. All I knew was that it had a nude beach, nude pool, unlimited food and drinks and a disco that stayed open real late. This is the first time I have heard it referred to as 3 star...

Am I just to easy to please???
    me too! The hotel may be 3* but the fun is 5*Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by uknewbies View Post
    me too! The hotel may be 3* but the fun is 5*Gold.
    It' not that you're easy to please. It's that some people are impossible to please. Or maybe they expected something way out of line with what is advertized.

Opinions are like Assholes. Everyone has one.LOL
    Here they have this really awesome place in Florida Called Disney World.
    Naked People partying and having fun VS. Giant Mouse
    You figure it out
    Last edited by BOBANDRUTH1990; 08-13-2007 at 01:16 PM.
    Bob and Ruth
    Plainfield Illinois
    Hedo virgins no more
    aug.30th-sept3rd 2007
    Bareass bucaneers Naked and Proud.
    Next Trip August 23rd-30th 2008

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBANDRUTH1990 View Post
    You figure it out

LMAO... BRAVO BOBANDRUTH...

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

Quote Originally Posted by BOBANDRUTH1990 View Post
    You figure it out
    Not to sound too much like Moore here but he is entitled to his opinion. And I am sorry something most people would think of as a minor problem would make his vacation the worst ever. However it's my right to have the opinion he's too uptight to really enjoy Hedo.

He probably wouldn't like Disney either, I hear the mouse isn't real.

In Wood's defense, it is not up to us to say what dictates "a bad vacation" for someone. I feel bad that he did not enjoy his stay. I must admit, having never been there, my ears perked up wanting to know why it was bad. What happened to grant it the title of "worst ever". From reading his threads, and what information he has given, i must admit, I feel as if either there is information being left out, or his expectations were very high. I am not him, so I cannot say to either reason.

I can say I respect him for taking a stand and saying his piece. While the information may not paint a beautiful picture for Hedo, it does give people who might be interested the negative side of it. There is nothing on this planet that does nto have a down side, and he has been man enough to show it.

NOW, having said all that, in my own personal opinion, knowing what I know of the Jamacian people and their culture, and knowing what I know about PEOPLE in general, it does not take much to turn a slight "inconvience" into a majorly blown out of proportion issue. I am not saying that is what happened here, but the evidence shown does not contradict that, but then again, it does not fully support it either.

AND, we are only getting one side. No one has heard the resorts side of it, and truthfully, none of us ever will.
    Last edited by vader7071; 08-13-2007 at 01:52 PM.
    If you never take the chance to be wrong, you never have the opportunity to be right.

http://www.darksidev2.com/hedo...Days of the DAMNED !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vader7071 View Post
    In Moore's defense, it is not up to us to say what dictates "a bad vacation" for someone. I feel bad that he did not enjoy his stay. I must admit, having never been there, my ears perked up wanting to know why it was bad. What happened to grant it the title of "worst ever". From reading his threads, and what information he has given, i must admit, I feel as if either there is information being left out, or his expectations were very high. I am not him, so I cannot say to either reason.

I can say I respect him for taking a stand and saying his piece. While the information may not paint a beautiful picture for Hedo, it does give people who might be interested the negative side of it. There is nothing on this planet that does nto have a down side, and he has been man enough to show it.

NOW, having said all that, in my own personal opinion, knowing what I know of the Jamacian people and their culture, and knowing what I know about PEOPLE in general, it does not take much to turn a slight "inconvience" into a majorly blown out of proportion issue. I am not saying that is what happened here, but the evidence shown does not contradict that, but then again, it does not fully support it either.

AND, we are only getting one side. No one has heard the resorts side of it, and truthfully, none of us ever will.
    Hi Vader and all,

i wasn't going to jump into this thread because, like Vader, I haven't been to H3 YET (33 days to go!!! OMG!!!!!) I was also interested to find out what might make it the worst vacation ever - because I too am self-employed and this is my (and my wonderful husband's) first vacation (first day off for that matter) in two years.

I have to say, as much as we are looking forward to our trip - if they give us a grass hut, a glass of water and a PB&J sandwich I'll be thrilled - because for a glorious week I can go from bed, to naked beach, to naked pool, to bar, to dinner -- rinse and repeat.

In case i haven't said it b4, thanks to all the Hedo vets for all the invaluable info on this site!

polly
    H3 w/Jamaican Water Slide Team 9/6/08-9/13/08
    http://www.jwst.com

Quote Originally Posted by vader7071 View Post
    In Wood's defense, it is not up to us to say what dictates "a bad vacation" for someone. I feel bad that he did not enjoy his stay. I must admit, having never been there, my ears perked up wanting to know why it was bad. What happened to grant it the title of "worst ever". From reading his threads, and what information he has given, i must admit, I feel as if either there is information being left out, or his expectations were very high. I am not him, so I cannot say to either reason.

This is a clipping from the Superclubs Web Site "SuperClubs Satisfaction Guarantee
    We want you to be satisfied with your Super-Inclusive vacation. In fact, we guarantee it. If you're unhappy just tell the General Manager before your second night. If the General Manager can't make it better, they'll give you a credit voucher for the entire value of the unused portion of your hotel stay, good for up to one year at a SuperClubs resort. With spectacular resorts in Jamaica, The Bahamas, Curacao, The Dominican Republic and Brazil we're confident that one of them is perfect for you."

He hasn't mentioned talking to anyone besides the desk staff so I'm not sure but in the past any issues we had were resolved without too much fuss. We have seen people that got Hedo on a super surprise package and hated the place that were transferred to another resort.

My experiences have always been pretty positive when dealing with the staff there. Sure it might be a holiday inn room with cafeteria food, but I knew that going in. I wanted to go to a place with an atmosphere that can't be found just anywhere. When I want better rooms, food and service I'll go to someplace like Grand Lido. Of course that does cost a fair bit more than Hedo and you can't do body shots in their pool.

I still say you get a fair room and meals for the price you pay.

Blog Entries
    May I put my last 2 cents in and then I'm out???

You got Hedo for the following reasons:

1. To get naked.
    2. For a sexually charged atmosphere.
    3. To try things you have never done.
    4. To do things across an ocean that you could never do at home.
    5. To do those things, where you are certain (mostly) that you won't run into your child's elementary school principal.
    6. To take your clothes off and not be judged.
    7. To do crazy shit.
    8. To watch other people do crazy shit.
    9. To meet crazy people who are doing crazy shit.
    10. To do crazy shit with other crazy people.
    11. To lick things off strangers bodies.
    12. To have strangers lick things off your body.
    13. To get drunk til 5:00 am and not have to drive home from the bar.
    14. To see your spouse cut loose like nobody is watching.
    15. To lift your wife's dress, who is NOT wearing underwear, while dancing and not get thrown out.
    16. To watch, or be watched getting naked in a cage.
    17. To get a tan and not have tan lines.
    18. To forget that life has rules for a while.
    19. To be accepted, while being socially unacceptable.
    20. Top make comments out loud that would get you fired at your place of work, but get laughs instead.

There are a million reasons why we go to Hedo. Never once was room quality, or a meal's quality even on my list. We essentially go to a catered frat party where people clean up after us and keep the beer cold and the mixed drinks mixed. They keep the music on and the pool and hot tub cleaned after we all make a mess in it. We act like fools for a week and then we leave and think about it for months until the next time we get to go. If my room at the fraternity house has a leaky AC... so what. If I'm not having too much fun to notice, I need to work on my party skills.

I won't be silly and say that I would be happy sleeping on a cot, but I certainly understand Ford comfort + Lexus fun = Woohoo in any language.

Lexus comfort + Ford Fun = waste of money for me.

Ok that seemed to be at least $5 worth but I agree with everything that you just said
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast