Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do anal sex, religion and politics have in common?

What do anal sex, religion and politics have in common?

This is an interesting (to me) situation I have created and it was not entirely by accident.

Anal sex, religion and politics are all topics that are generally considered taboo for public open discussion.

Early response to my "America Ready" thread, were "I don't want to talk about it", or "everyone will be too PC to give you an honest answer." The thread eventually gained steam and there has been an interesting exchange of a variety of opinions. Approx. 85 posts in 9 days. And yes, I love it.

So out of curiosity, and almost with tongue in cheek, I post the thread about anal sex - in my opinion an equally taboo subject for public discussion. We have about 31 posts in 2 hours.

So this begs the question. Why is there a willingness to openly discuss anal sex and a hesitancy, or at least less willingness, to discuss religion, politics and racism?

None of us really know each other. Some have met. Others will meet. As far as I know, none of us are neighbors. Deep down, do you really care if you offend abc123 from xtown?

The only conclusion I can reach from this is that people are more comfortable about the possibility of meeting someone at Hedo who knows that they like anal sex than they are about the possibility of meeting someone at Hedo who knows their view on religion or politics. I truly have no idea why this may be the case. Some of us put campaign signs in the yard at election time. I have never seen an anal sex sign in anyone's yard. So why a greater willingness to share the anal stuff here?

Other conclusions may be there, so help me with this because I don't see them.

Kristy - I hope that you know CPR.

Only you would start a thread with a topic like this!!
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2

I think most people on this forum are pretty like minded regarding sex and sexual issues. That's why most aren't offended with this subject. But on the subjects of religion and politics and the Great Pumpkin there are sooooo many opinions. People get really fired up when talking about The Big Issues like who should run our country, which religion if any is correct and whether or not you should waste your time in the pumpkin patch on Halloween or go trick or treating or better yet-go to Hedo- All these subjects are taboo but most are willing to open up about sex.
    Here for the Party!

Blog Entries
    I would rather talk about A's ass than anything else. I think most will agree it's a fine topic of conversation when and if they see it. Some would agree with me on politics and some would agree with me about religion, but most would agree with me about A's ass.

If I had to choose a topic that would leave me least at risk for arguement... I take ass any day...

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

Quote Originally Posted by JAnewbies View Post
    I would rather talk about A's ass than anything else. I think most will agree it's a fine topic of conversation when and if they see it. Some would agree with me on politics and some would agree with me about religion, but most would agree with me about A's ass.

If I had to choose a topic that would leave me least at risk for arguement... I take ass any day...
    So why do you want to avoid the risk of argument / discussion?

They all have one thing in common. They are all a pain in the ass.

Peter

Too Funny

Quote Originally Posted by Notsureyet View Post
    They all have one thing in common. They are all a pain in the ass.

Peter
    That is too fuuny....true.... but too funny!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwell100 View Post
    So why do you want to avoid the risk of argument / discussion?

Not discussion... argument. I hate to argue. I am VERY opininionated. Granted, most of my opinions are shared with, or at least accepted by the vast majority, but it's those few little "ass zits" that really take things to the extreme when trying to prove people wrong that it takes the fun out of it.

I am more of an "agree to disagree" guy... but some of the "ass zits" out there just can't accept letting it go at that.

Hence, (yes, "J" said hence), when possible, I steer clear of big fat controversy. I do sometimes get drug into the mud here, but I ain't no 4wheeler, so I don't like it much...

Doing "A's" ass, shouldn't be controversial. At least I would not think so... As long as it's done properly... Might need judges on that one (lol)...

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

Quote Originally Posted by JAnewbies View Post
    Not discussion... argument. I hate to argue. I am VERY opininionated. Granted, most of my opinions are shared with, or at least accepted by the vast majority, but it's those few little "ass zits" that really take things to the extreme when trying to prove people wrong that it takes the fun out of it.

I am more of an "agree to disagree" guy... but some of the "ass zits" out there just can't accept letting it go at that.

Hence, (yes, "J" said hence), when possible, I steer clear of big fat controversy. I do sometimes get drug into the mud here, but I ain't no 4wheeler, so I don't like it much...

Doing "A's" ass, shouldn't be controversial. At least I would not think so... As long as it's done properly... Might need judges on that one (lol)...
    Please, argument vs. discussion in only semantics. I personally don't like to preach to the quoir. It is like talking to yourself. I would rather have a discussion with someone who has a different opinion, because it is more interesting to me. I may see a different view point and so may they. Thi si wh I prefer to wath Fox news rather than CNN.

If I may chime in, my personal theory, part of the reason the anal thread took off was due to the underlying "theme" of this board. It's purpose is to get people together in a secure and safe area to openly discuss thier own sexual preferences while discussing and planning their vacation to Jamaica with the same underlying theme (that theme being sex). SO, any discussion concerning sex, the act of, the pleaures of, the fantasies of, etc, will be openly and excitedly expanded upon. The board has created an "aire" of freedom and non-judgemental on all sexual choices. (something this nation needs more of)

Politics as we are taught are a taboo subject, such as sex, but taboo only because of one's passions about it. The same with religion. If I say "Hey, I like sex when she hits me over the head with a crowbar", all of you will do is just sit back, laugh at me, and go "hey, if it gets your jollies off" but if I say "Christianity is a religion full of self biased, ego maniacle assholes with the sole purpose of taking over any other group that does not agree with them", well that hits home with a GREAT many deal of people.

Before I go any further, I do NOT think in that manner, examples only.

Calling someone's religion (or political views) is taken as a direct attack on their being. Almost like taking an actual stab at them with a knife.

Granted these boards do offer the protection of anonymity, which comes in handy at times. It also allows us a shield to start behind before we openly expose ourselves.
    If you never take the chance to be wrong, you never have the opportunity to be right.

http://www.darksidev2.com/hedo...Days of the DAMNED !!!!

We are all going to hell!!!!!

Only 9 replies to this thread and 91 to the anal sex thread. Time to prepare ourselves for your maker.

Don't kid yourself...it's the Maker that needs to prepare for me!!!
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7-28-8/4 2012 H2

Whats with all the ass threads lately?
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

We are all on this board to experience the freedom at Hedo for all things sensual as well as sexual.

We don't go to Hedo for a fund raiser for the local politician. Also remember not everyone on the board is from the USA. They couldn't give a shit about who we elect as long as we are going to invade them.

And yes I know CPR but haven't had to worry about it for a while (used to be a lifeguard). Jim didn't need it. He just laughed at you and went to the next thread.

Kristy
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7-28-8/4 2012 H2

Three Taboo subjects

I believe many Americans cannot debate.... in other countries debate is a good thing... here people misconstrue a debate for an arguement....taking it way too personal... I believe this to stems from lack of true respect of others ideas, for if we did, we would not get mad for others that challenge or disagree with or own... I believe Adler would have a lot to say about this; if he were alive.... rather than confront these subjects and diffuse them, we allow them to fester in a mire called PC

That which does not kill you makes you stronger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast